First Post - First Grow - Reserva Privada - Skywalker Kush

Komplex180

Hello from a first timer

This is my first grow, and was told the best way to keep track of your grow was to keep a journal. So, here I am.

Equipment:

Tent: 32x32x63
Light: Mars Hydro 300w LED for veg and adding a 2nd for flower
Seedling light: 100w 6500k CFL
Circulation Fan: 6in clip on
Temp monitor: Accurite dual
Exhaust Fan: 4in unknown cfm and carbon filter (hand me down)
Heating mat: Hydro Planet
Pots: Solo cup, 3gal smart pots
PH control: MadHater

Medium:

Kind soil "Hot Soil"
Fox Farm Ocean Forrest
Mycoz (to help with germiniation)

Strain:
Reserva Privada - Skywalker Kush (Feminized)

As stated in the title, this is my first grow and I wanted to keep it simple. Did a little research and found some premixed super soil (Kind Soil) which advertises "just add water". However, my water is not the best so I have decided to at least PH the water before use.

I used the paper towel method w/mycoz in zip lock for germination and threw them on top of the heating pad wrapped in a microfiber. Big mistake! First 2 just cracked and did not grow a tap root(50hrs).

Planted them in a solo cup 1/8 kindsoil and threw FFOF on top, and saran wrap to keep humidity up.

IMG_105738.JPG

I couldn't stop thinking about my failed seeds so i attempted to germinate 2 more seeds(same preperation) but threw them into the carrying case of my tent, and left them for 48hrs(no heating pad).

The failed seeds still bugged the crap out me so I picked up a humidity dome and RR to transfer and germinate in that instead.

When I got home I unwrapped the paper towel and success! Both seeds germinated :thumb:

IMG_106234.JPG

Threw them into the solo cups with the same mix as the first 2 seeds.

With the success of the 2nd 2 seeds I figured i destroyed the first 2 seeds, so I went to dig them out to toss em. Luckily I was very careful when attempting to extract the seeds, because one of them actually took off and started growing roots! Unfortunately, one of them actually did fail to germinate.

All in all, I'm pretty happy that I've got 3 good seedlings going, but I really don't know if I will have the room for 3 on my tent. Hopefully it works out.

Here's a couple from the tent pics from the tent:

IMG_106936.JPG

IMG_107040.JPG

I had a rocky start, but I did learn a lot in the little time I've started the grow:

1. Don't throw germinating seeds on top of the heating pad
2. Leave the damn plants alone.
3. drill holes in the solo cups idiot!

My tent humidity is pretty high right now, and I'm afraid that it will be a problem during veg and flower. I gotta figure out how to get those temps down.

Open to all comments and suggestions

Hope you don't mind if I take a peek every now and then. I have a Skywalker I'm just fixing to throw in flower within a week. GL to ya and Keepem Green

Mine is still vegging. She's about 12" now and going into flower in about a week. I have mine in a 4X4 under a 600 watter. Then they flower under 2 1500 watt master blaster HID lighting. I'm going to take a cut incase it's as good as some claim. I usually do 10 or 12 strains in flower when I do. GL with yours and Keepem Green

Here are a couple of pics

This is the first one

420-magazine-mobile1995706239.jpg

#2 has its helmet still on but you can see the stem

420-magazine-mobile1538497722.jpg

Number 3 same as number 2 which both got planted in soil at the same time

420-magazine-mobile788114655.jpg

I threw the humidity dome back on and added a little cup of water to increase humidity in the dome. Hopefully I'll start getting some vertical growth by the end of tomorrow.

420-magazine-mobile1995754454.jpg

Any tips suggestions or input on what's going on with em?

#1 was put into soil on 12/26/16 and #2 & 3 were put into soil on 12/28/16. I used knuckle depth when planting em and covered lightly with soil. Watered all three along the perimeter of the cup until I got some run off on 12/30/16.

Thanks in advance guys/gals!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

OK little update.

It felt like the ladies were taking a while, so I did some trouble shooting. 2 things, I think I water logged one (not enough drainage), and was late to water the other. Watered and added more drainage to the "water logged" one two days ago and came home to some starter leaves sprouting out the sides of a curled up seedling. the tip had a bit of yellowing and figured it may have been too dry, so I dropped a few drops of ph'd distilled water directly one her. half an hour later and she opened up.

Here are slightly different views.

view_2.jpg

view12.jpg

I throw mine on the wet paper towel and plastic wrap thing and keep temps about 82 or so for my germinations. Been working for me if thats what you asked. I get maybe 90-95% return. Looks like this after around 24 hours. When the tails get 1/3 a inch, I throw them in the soil, using a pencil to make the holes and to guide the tap root pointing down, then cover with 1/8' soil and keep wet with a mister and warm like 76 or so and that's my story....

KC_White_Day1.JPG

It's good to not let you babies dry out, but pop alot of holes if you got the soil toughly wet and it isn't draining, roots need air as much as water. It should stay wet acouple days. We got cold ass weather here and my seeds are not doing right,,, but they'll pull thru. We've been down this road afew times before and besides it is a weed. GL and Keepem Green

Here's an update!

Drowned and killed 4 out of 6 seeds. This hobby really is a learning process.

However, even with 3 weeks wasted and $40 worth of seeds dead, I was down but not out.

I germinated the last 2 seeds in peat moss and threw them in a HD for 2 days on 1/5/17. On 1/7/17 they sprouted and was a good 3/4 of an inch. I immediately transplanted the seedlings to FFOF and watered at 6.8 distilled.

13 days later and they are looking pretty good

08b48061367bf166c4aff76f57681b86.jpg

The one on the left did great.

Unfortunately the one on the right kept its helmet partially attached and the leaves started sprouting around the helmet. I ended up removing the helmet but the coty leaves were stuck together for a few days. There was a little clear film that kept them together. I sprayed ph'd water directly on the coty leaves and gave it a light squeeze. The next day they separated. That is probably why the plant on the right doesn't look very symmetrical.

Here is a side shot. Sorry my pic taking skills suck.

765342f14cc174a43245ba89e5083cf9.jpg

I watered today with liquid seaweed and molasses at 6.8.

Finally starting to feel better about this grow.

Thanks for all the help guys and gals!

Im subbed! Been thinking of picking up this strain from them ive heard good things about them. But things are starting to look good. Good luck

Bummer about losing the younging. What happened? Drainage? I see alot of people using them red plastic cups. They work but I always liked them like big gulp coffee white styrofoam cups. When I was using cups. A Couple holes in the bottom and seem the roots like the soft walls better than the hard plastic. I know it don't matter but personal preference. Now once they crack I put them in a 1 gallon pot. I try to not let my tap root hit bottom as long as possible. If I'm wanting a plant in a hurry,, I plant directly in the finish pot. Every Time you transplant, no matter how gentle and easy the transplant goes, plant have to recover for acouple days. I plant mine in the one gallon pot, then a 5 gallon finish pot and done.
Hey I just starting flowering my Skywalker Kush here. Hope you don't mind I throw up a pic. Plant isn't a big stretcher. Start flowering at 2' and shes about stopped at 3'. Tight node spacing. Strong plant, might even support herself thru flowering;
sk36.jpg

and
sk113.jpg

Not the best pictures but you can see the size anyways... GL with these two. It is a learning experience. Alot of mistakes will be made, shame it cost ya that much... These two will do ya great watch.. Keepem Green

Im subbed! Been thinking of picking up this strain from them ive heard good things about them. But things are starting to look good. Good luck

I actually picked up the strain on whim at a local growing class. Hopefully she's all that I've heard she could be.

Bummer about losing the younging. What happened? Drainage? I see alot of people using them red plastic cups. They work but I always liked them like big gulp coffee white styrofoam cups. When I was using cups. A Couple holes in the bottom and seem the roots like the soft walls better than the hard plastic. I know it don't matter but personal preference. Now once they crack I put them in a 1 gallon pot. I try to not let my tap root hit bottom as long as possible. If I'm wanting a plant in a hurry,, I plant directly in the finish pot. Every Time you transplant, no matter how gentle and easy the transplant goes, plant have to recover for acouple days. I plant mine in the one gallon pot, then a 5 gallon finish pot and done.
Hey I just starting flowering my Skywalker Kush here. Hope you don't mind I throw up a pic. Plant isn't a big stretcher. Start flowering at 2' and shes about stopped at 3'. Tight node spacing. Strong plant, might even support herself thru flowering;
sk36.jpg

and
sk113.jpg

Not the best pictures but you can see the size anyways... GL with these two. It is a learning experience. Alot of mistakes will be made, shame it cost ya that much... These two will do ya great watch.. Keepem Green

Thanks for all your help cali.

I don't mind the pictures at all. I've actually been searching the web to see what she'll end up looking like.

Those look awesome though. Can't wait to see your end result.

When did you top her? Did you do any lst?

Back
Top Bottom