Jolly Rancher Sativa - A Rookie Adventure Indoors

425jesse

Hello 420 Community! I have not been around here too long, but really like and respect the folks Ive come across. In that spirit I will post a journal about my indoor experience, and I welcome any advice available.

I started this project on a budget, and that hasnt changed, however I feel i am already learning I should have found you guys sooner. Got LEDs off ebay, not sponsored here, would change that detail first and foremost if I had done better research. Got a couple tents, in line fans, filters, and off to the races!

Medium - Bag soil/whatever was in the cups to start out with.
Lights - 1000w LED (pulls less than 200 at wall)
Nutes - Canna Substra Vega 2 parts
Stage - was given while in dixie cups, long ang strangly
Strain - Jolly Rancher Sativa as I was told.
Temp - 75 Degrees always for now (24 hour cycle)
RH - 45-60 depending on the temp outside.

I have a couple early progress photos to put up, which I will momentairly, then we can get on the road to a journal in progress!

Jolly Rancher Sativa-A rookie adventure indoors

The gifts came to me on Dec 11, and the looked desperate, but that's ok, better that a kick in the shin, right?
420-magazine-mobile199547267.jpg

With that much lean I repotted them on day 2. When I did I found that there were no holes in the very bottom of the cups, and some really wet soil. I transplanted them into bigger pots (not sure size, I'll check and post) and covered their long spindly stems up quite a bit.
420-magazine-mobile1981976128.jpg

With that much support, and by letting the soil dry out, things started to develop!
420-magazine-mobile236298099.jpg

Sent from inside the tent.

The above photo was 8 days after arrival, 6 after transplanting. I will just use arrival date from here on.
420-magazine-mobile992412164.jpg

This is 11 days in, still learning to take photos with leds:)
420-magazine-mobile1414730115.jpg

14 days in.
420-magazine-mobile499554152.jpg

16 days...

I was given 7 starts, 2 of which collapsed the first night, one which is literally like a Bonsai compared to these, and these 4 ladies (according to gifter, came from gem seeds.)
420-magazine-mobile1517468768.jpg

Here is a couple of misc facts about my nursery.

Lights pull 194w from wall.

Growing basil from seed in here too, they popped their heads out today.

Changing light cycle to 18/6 tomorrow.

420-magazine-mobile1122610424.jpg

Basil:)

Cheers!

Today is the day of the battle. I have a springtails infestation, and I'm gonna destroy them. Flushing soil with hyprox diluted, leave it to kill bugs, flush with water and dry them things. Hopefully a whole lot of dead bugs fast. Wish me luck, lol.

Today is the day of the battle. I have a springtails infestation, and I'm gonna destroy them. Flushing soil with hyprox diluted, leave it to kill bugs, flush with water and dry them things. Hopefully a whole lot of dead bugs fast. Wish me luck, lol.

Omg plz dont try kill them they wont harm ur plants, iv got them atm and trying to kill them made my plant porly

Hi Jesse, I hate to hear about the bugs. You did a great job re-potting those stretchy seedling and getting short bushes going.

These plants are very forgiving. They should all perk up and go in a few days.

Sending them vibes of love, harmony and mojo. :hippy:

3 of the 4 ladies looked great this morning. Not too bad considering what they went thru. I'm afraid between her infestation, and too heavy a hand, that I may have 1 fatality, but we will wait and see before we remove her. Also set up the second tent today, both are veg for now. Fired up the second 1000w led, it seems like a slightly different color of life, but the meter said similar lux output.
420-magazine-mobile118709882.jpg

There is some discoloration that I think needs to be addressed, but it could be from the hyprox flush.

Any thoughts anyone?
420-magazine-mobile626164983.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1507248596.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Looks like you are ready for a dose of CalMag on that plant. From all I have read/seen out here a calcium/magnesium supplement is necessary when using LED lighting. I am not sure the cause and effect as I use HID lighting. Maybe someone familiar with LED growing will chime in with a better analysis and/or explaination.

Roots are almost dry enough to give a nice full dose of nutes, and continue growing up up up! The new light cycle is accelerating growth, and I believe it's time to top, but would love some advice. Please take a peak at these pics, and lemme known if we are ready for topping!! I know they say third node, is there a chance I'm too late? Cheers!!
420-magazine-mobile1800259549.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2127413165.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1533046302.jpg

Thank you all!!

High Jesse! They are looking good and going for it. Topping earlier may have been better but it is not too late. You have room for a few large bushes in that tent. Bush'em out :)

The 2nd plant above (JRS4) is so far ahead of the others you could top just above the 3rd node and have a cutting large enough to root. Do you plan on taking clones?

You could experiment and see if you may like LST (low stress training) on the JRS4 plant. I use LST instead of topping to keep my veg time down to about 3 to 4 weeks to fit in my perpetual schedule. Topping takes them a little longer to recover but will make bigger bushes (more cola sites) when done right.

I've been in the garden, and was working away!

I topped 2 of the 3 ladies, and have let the other remain for now. I did the trimming a few days ago, and that, with a full strength blast of nutes and these girls are going crazy. It's like thy are reaching for the sky:)
420-magazine-mobile503470833.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1802248027.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1758676213.jpg

See you in a couple days!!

Back
Top Bottom