Sagalong With Amare SE250 LED & Gorrila Tent - Soil in Fiber Pots

sagalong

420 Member
3x3 gorrila grow tent
Amare SE250 led
5 gallon fiber pots
Nectar of the Gods special juice: Medusa Magic, Gaia Mania, Zeus Juice, Herculean Harvest.
Victor at Amare also recommended more mag/cal under there lights. I will add Demeter's Destiny.
Rescued clones: 1 Afgoo, 2 Lemon Kush and 1 Jilly Bean.
#4 potting soil made by local Constant Gardener. Coco fiber, peat moss, pumice, pearlite, bone meal, kelp meal, alfalfa meal, sand, microriser fungus, compost. I have used their soil for 2 years outdoors and the plants seem to love it with the nutes. We will try that in the tent.
IMG_044739.JPG

I plan to move the clones into the big boy tent next week.

re: Sagalong With Amare SE250 LED & Gorrila Tent - Soil in Fiber Pots

You better buy a big plastic tote and set them I'm there and cover it with winter window plastic and leave em in there a week or so. They look about dead but one of em

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using 420

Make sure u put water in the tote. Those clones can be saved maybe

I thought I would give it a try. Make it a challenge. I live in a legal state and have access to commercial clones. These babies were on the way to the garbage. I'll give them a week.

The tote will work u will be amazed . I start all mine that way. They can live in a big tote for over a month without a root on em.

Thanks for the input. I'll give it a try.

No problem I hate to see a plant die for nothing

I lost 3 out of 4 salvage starts. Jillie bean is the lone survivor. I went to the store and purchased; one sour diesel and one
IMG_045139.JPG
tangie. The ladies seem to be thriving in their new home. A couple of early observations: the gorilla tent is the most hardy and light leak proof tent I have used or seen. The Amare leds (se250) run incredibly cool with the veg lights on only. Not much heat is generated from the light. I think if my tent was not in a heated area that I would need some auxiliary heat. So far, everyone is happy.

I apologize for the photo scew-up. I will try and do better next time....I think I should add that I am using 1/2 recommended nute strength and am on a 18/6 light schedule.

A quick update...The ladies are rooted in there new home and starting to grow. I have topped them in preparation for LST. I also added a little extra heat to the tent. Everyone was happy with extra heat.

Mid-term report. Everyone is doing well. Temps on the cool side...68 to 70. I think I need a small ceramic heater. Leds run a lot cooler than I have been used to.
IMG_047045.JPG

Progress and a few things I have learned. I put a small heater in the tent and the ladies liked the extra heat. I have the tent in the downstairs man cave. It is a little cool in the winter down there and the led lights don't produce enough heat for the little ladies. I have also learned to be careful when bending larger plant stems. I broke my first one this morning. I think that 3 plants in a 3x3 tent might be one to many. It is getting crowded in there.
IMG_047144.JPG

I must say, I'm struggling a bit. I am starting to inadvertently break stems while doing routine tasks in the tent. I don't know whether it is a matter of too many plants in the tent or just bull in china closet syndrome....should this be expected in a grow tent situation? The plants are doing great. Lots of vegetation. Should I start to flower before I wipe out all the veg progress?

I harvested my plants this weekend. Nice dense sticky buds. I would classify my first tent grow a success. Things I learned. 3 plants in a 3x3 tent is too many. It was hard to take care of all the plants without taking them out to fool with. Led lighting run incredibly cool , as in they didn't generate much heat. I had to run a small heater. Tent moisture was a problem immediately after watering. I had to open it all up to let the excess moisture out of the tent. The branches in the tent were too weak to support those nice heavy buds at the end. I had to make a little screen to help with the support. The grow ran an extra $15 a month in electricity. Looking forward to my next grow.
Cheers.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom