Lady Gaea's 1st CBD Medical Grow Journal - 2017

Hi all! This is my first grow and I am looking forward to learning a lot from it. Any advice you can give or knowledge shared is appreciated. I am doing this for my health, so it's pretty important to me that I succeed. :D

- Strains: CBD OG Kush — Mostly Indica, CBD Mango Haze-Mostly Sativa, and CBD Therapy-Indica / Sativa. All
feminized seeds.
- Medium: Germinated in Rapid Rooters using a seed mat with dome cover. I will be growing in soil. I am
starting with Happy Frog & then the final transplant will be into Smart Pots using 75% Ocean Forest soil and
25% Perlite.
- Containers: 3 Gal Smart Pots
- Venue: 2' x 4' Gorilla grow tent
- Lighting: (2) G8LED 240W LED lights
- Climate control: 6" Votex S-Line inline fan with iPower GLFILT6M Air Carbon Filter attached. 2 clip-on 6"
computer fans.
- Nutrients: Fox Farm Dirty Dozen. ¼ strength will be used @ approx. week 2

My seedlings are just 3 days old now. How close should my lights be from them? I find a lot of conflicting info on this.
IMG_169228.jpg
IMG_169030.JPG
IMG_168925.JPG
IMG_168724.JPG

No closer than 30 inches or you'll fry them and not even know it's happening

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using 420

Great info and pics to illustrate. Thanks very much buzzychuck420! I have them about 30" now. I am glad I didn't move them closer.

So here are some catch-up pictures. I am at day 18. Everything is going pretty well I think. I had a little leaf curling on two of my girls after transplanting, but they seemed to recover ok. I just put them all in 3 gallon containers using Fox Farm Ocean Forest cut 3 to 1 with perlite. I added a little dolomitic lime as well. I had to change my plan of growing using the SCROG method, because I have 6 plants and only a 2 x 4 tent. I did not anticipate that all of my seeds would germinate and become such lovely strong ladies :love: I could not sacrifice any one of them. I will try the SCROG method next grow.

Here are day 12 pictures. They were growing a bit slow because it got a bit chilly during lights out.
CBD_THERAPY_11.jpg
CBD_OG_KUSH_11.jpg
CBD_Mango_Haze_21.jpg

Here they are at day 18. This is the day after transplanting into the 3 gallon pots. I can really notice a peppery aroma now! It's starting to get interesting now!
Everyone_s_tucked_in.JPG
CBDOGKUSH.jpg
CBDMangoHaze.jpg

Oh yeah..and no nutes yet but the lime. I read that FFOF is pretty hot so I won't be using anything until I see a need for it.

Lessons learned these past 10 days. These are not weeds, they are sensitive beings! They don't grow like weeds either :D 1. I am over watering! 2. Too much air pointing in the wrong direction makes an unhappy plant. 3. Don't feed em when they're not hungry. This is not your mother's table! 4. Make sure the clip on fans are really secure! Unintentional topping sucks! Hopefully they will recover from my ignorance. Here are the updated photos of week 6 and 4 days into the 12/12 cycle.
IMG_182037.JPG
IMG_181739.jpg
IMG_181628.jpg
IMG_181338.JPG
IMG_181234.jpg
IMG_180937.JPG

Thanks Stavman! Good luck to you as well! Although I researched my equipment, medium, and growing practices before my first grow, I still am managing to step into the manure along the way :D. I haven't even smoked since high school. :volcano-smiley: Now that it is legal in my state, I am hoping it's going to help me cope with my medical issues. I don't think all of the strains I selected are particularly easy. My CBD Therapy seems a bit fussy. I have to say it has been a blast watching them grow and the smell is just divine when I open the tent in the morning to say hello and check on how everyone is. Enjoy your grow! Hope you learn lots!

Hey CD! Thanks for popping in. :thanks: Took a look at some of your pics... Looks like you have the hang of this! Still having trouble with one of my CBD Therapy girls. She is starting to perk up on the new growth. Combo of overwatering and possible nitro toxicity. I have to post a picture to the forum for advice. Cheers!

My girls that were a bit unhappy with a nitrogen toxicity appear to be just fine. I flushed and bought an EC meter. Next grow I will choose a less hot soil other than FFOF. The Therapy strain from CBD Crew in particular seems to be sensitive. Here they are at 23 days into flower.
IMG_185130.JPG

I made a support system out of pvc and jute. I will modify this next grow. I want to telescope the legs so I can switch from using it to scrog or raise it and use as a support when letting them grow without training.

IMG_185031.JPG

Plants look a bit trippy under an LED lamp!
IMG_185736.jpg

I purchased a 90 Watt LED red flower booster to add to my grow.

I'm most interested in the cbd therapy. I use roots organic soil (when i grew), i tried Ideal 420 soil. The 420 soil never worked, toooooooo hot!
I've seen 2 other journals that show the Therapy was super slow to start following, one plant it took 2 weeks of 12/12 before flowers.
Any specifics about therapy growing habits? . Anything you wish you had done to her early in her life? How are the temps and humidity? I saw an outdoor therapy that molding very quickly, but might have been caused because of humidity.
Thanks, and the girls look great!

Hey CD! Here is what I did. Overall I am happy with this as my first grow.

I started all my seeds with Rapid Rooters and they all germinated within 4 days. I used the Parks BioDome with the sponges in the past for my vegetables. These RR are very similar. I used a cheap Jiffy tray and cover with the Rapid Rooters because my BioDome is lost in storage somewhere. You get a really nice root system with them. I also used a heated seeding mat from when I grew veggies before.

It is cold in my tent in the winter. About 68 with the lights off and maybe 72 with the lights on. I am not happy with that. Can't be helped. My laundry room is the only place for my tent and it has no heat duct. I think that is part of why they grew so slowly. No humidity problems. I am not monitoring that, but it is pretty obvious to me its good and it's winter. I ran out of funds on the big ticket items. I will get a monitor at some point.

The Therapy did have the leaf curl issue. Looked like Nitrogen Tox but the leaves have stayed green, and the top of the plant seems normal. Just weird! Maybe a trait they have?? I transplanted the seedlings from the RR into 4 inch pots with FF Happy Frog before putting them into the 3 gallon containers. I like the smaller pots at first, as they don't require as much water than if I put them in a larger pot straight from the RR plugs. The soil mix I used is 3 parts FFOF with 1 part perlite. I added a little bit of dolomitic lime in there too when I mixed it. Maybe 2 Tbs per each 3 gallon container. I have only watered with FF Dirty Dozen nutes at 1/4 strength and only 2 x when in late veg stage and 2 x in the flower stage. I honestly don't think they really needed it with the FFOF soil. I'm not really sure about the soil yet.

I wish I had not started with 6 plants. My tent is not big enough. I really didn't think that they would all germinate and grow into such healthy plants. I didn't have faith that I inherited a green thumb from my Mum and Dad. They were big into plants, trees, and shrubs. Maybe they are looking after them from above while I am at work! :love: This is why I flowered them when they were small. No room! It took a couple of weeks to really show the fluffy hairs on all of my CBD rich strains. Again, pretty chilly in there!

I like my LEDs. I have 2 240Watt LEDs side be side with a 90 watt red flower booster in the middle. It's a 2 x 4 tent. I kept it at about 30 inches away from the plants. No problems.

I tended to overwater a bit at first. I really needed to let them dry out more in between watering. I had to balance overwatering and then coming home to droopy dry plants until it clicked. :D

I really don't know how they will respond to some training...Next grow! Although Therapy seems a little fussy, she took a bit of abuse by my hand from lack of experience and has done ok. I have taken a few fan leaves off with no stress to her. She may just be one of those plants that do well with a lean diet of nutes. Now that she is starting to flower, she is quite a bit more stinky! She smells very "hoppy".

To summarize, back off the nutes, watch the water over/under water, let her get a good root system before transplanting, don't overreact when she shows signs of a little bit of stress...I think Therapy is a bit tougher than she appears at times, don't point a fan directly at her. She does not like it! I point mine up above to create an over all air movement in the tent.

I'm not sure it helps, but I do tell them they are pretty when I take a peek! I say hello in the morning before work, and a hello when I get home. My husband thinks I am a bit silly, but he is anxious for my health to improve so he just smiles. I'm less cranky when I focus on my hobby and not my pain too! That helps!

I am looking forward to when I get to sample the end product and report on it! I hope you found this useful. :)

Cheers! LG

I had heard the only addicting thing about pot, is growing it. I agree 100%.
I never feed mine until 2 weeks before flip. But, i did straight 12/12, so i didn't need water but every 4-5 days, they were in 1 gallon (i need to check size in my journal) fabric pots.
Speaking of journals, im glad i created a journal, all my notes are saved here. Write everything down, i learned a ton about growing!
Looks great!

My zOrb Carson microscope arrived today. I needed to get a feel for when the right time to harvest is. This did not break the bank. Tomorrow I will capture my sweet little buds up close. Here are pics from a leaf I pinched tonight! Pretty cool!
S20170331_004.jpg
S20170331_003.jpg

New pics of one of my CBD Crew Therapy. Trichomes are bit out of focus. My hands aren't very steady. I carefully too her out of the tent and my husband said it smelled like something was burning! lol. She is very pungent! Not long now!
Therapy040217B.jpg
Therapy040217.jpg
THERAPY040217C.jpg

Back
Top Bottom