TerpKing Second Grow - Holy Grail Kush DNA Genetics - Coco Smart Pots - 600W MH/HPS

Hey everyone!

After finishing my first grow successfully with a fantastic result, I'm back and ready to grow some more medicine! A few slight changes from my last grow, in this journal ill be giving coco a whirl!

Grow information:

Strain - Holy Grail Kush - DNA Genetics - Feminized seeds
Number of Plants - 12 seeds germinated, I will pick the best 8/10
Grow Type - Coco Coir
Grow Stage - Seedling stage.
Setup - Rapid Rooters / Smart Pots
Light - T5 4x 54w bulb for now. 600w MH/HPS and a 315w D-Papilon to be added later.
Nutrients - Plant Magic Magne/cal 0.1 EC, H&G Root Excellarator 0.3ml litre, Plant Magic Bio Wetter 2ml litre, Great White Mycorrhizae 1 scoop per 4 litre.
Water type - R/O water
Medium - Rapid Rooters soaked in above formula
EC - 0.2
PH - 5.8
RH - 55% to 75%
Room Temperature - 21c to 23.5c
Room Square Footage - 240cm/120cm/200cm
Pests - None Known

I soaked my seeds in a glass with R/O water for 12 hours. I kept the glass in a dark space until all seeds had sunk to the bottom. I then followed the same process of germination I used last time. I soaked Rapid Rooters for about 6 hours in the following solution - Plant Magic Magne/cal 0.1 EC, H&G Root Excellarator 0.3ml litre, Plant Magic Bio Wetter 2ml litre, Great White Mycorrhizae 1 scoop per 4 litre. Once my seeds were ready to be planted I picked out Rapid Rooters one at a time from a bucket of nutrient solution. I squeezed the excess water from the Rapid Rooter and turned it upside down. I used a sterile scalpel to make an incision in the bottom of the Rapid Rooter, I then took a sterile pair of tweezers and placed a seed facing hinged side down, half an inch down inside the incision. Once the seed was in place I pulled away the tweezers and the incision closed up leaving the seed snuggly in place. I then inserted the Rapid Rooter with seed into a small plastic holder, I followed the same process for the remaining 11 seeds.

Once I'd completed the remaining rooters I took them upstairs to their new home. I placed them on an over turned hydro reservoir inside my grow tent. I've placed the seed tray inside a propagator with the lid not quite fully on under a T5 light. Once all seeds break ground I'll be taking away the lid pretty sharpish and lowering the light down on top of them. While the seeds are germinating I'll be running the light 24/7 so the first thing the girls see when they pop up is bright light. Once all seeds are established I'll be switching the light cycle to 18/6.

Now to patiently wait ;)

TerpKing!

420-magazine-mobile2115229499.jpg
420-magazine-mobile460334408.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1747049057.jpg

I'm in.

Sent from a hand built ganja phone I made entirely out of cannabis buds.
Awesome, glad to have you on board buddy, you get to pick the best seat! I'd suggest sitting next to the Sublimator, haha ;)!

Hope this info helps with your coco grow. Subbed

The is a quote from ledrf.
1. Coco holds 30% oxygen when fully saturated.
2. If you let coco dry out, you will get lower yields and most likely nutrient issues because when the coco dries out, it leaves dry spots, where the roots dry up and die. That causes issues.
3. When you water every day or twice a day or ever three times a day, you are replacing all the oxygen the plant used up, thus letting it grow faster. You are also replacing any nutrients the plant used up with fresh nutrients. This is why I water every day with nutrients.
4. You get hydroponic results. Fast growth. Bigger yields.

How to water Marijuana growing in coco - YouTube

This thread has great info if you haven't seen it. I dont use the same nutes but I make it work for me.

Ledrf
How I grow in coco Youtube videos and pics

cultivator
How to grow in Coco - Feed schedule

Hope this info helps with your coco grow. Subbed

The is a quote from ledrf.
1. Coco holds 30% oxygen when fully saturated.
2. If you let coco dry out, you will get lower yields and most likely nutrient issues because when the coco dries out, it leaves dry spots, where the roots dry up and die. That causes issues.
3. When you water every day or twice a day or ever three times a day, you are replacing all the oxygen the plant used up, thus letting it grow faster. You are also replacing any nutrients the plant used up with fresh nutrients. This is why I water every day with nutrients.
4. You get hydroponic results. Fast growth. Bigger yields.

How to water Marijuana growing in coco - YouTube

This thread has great info if you haven't seen it. I dont use the same nutes but I make it work for me.

Ledrf
How I grow in coco Youtube videos and pics

cultivator
How to grow in Coco - Feed schedule
Hey BedroomFarmer. Thanks for the links with all the very informative information, I really appreciate it. I've read the second link, but I'm going to dive into the first link now as I've not read that one, also not seen the video, thanks very much pal. Glad to have you subbed up :)!

Re: TerpKing Second Grow - Holy Grail Kush DNA Genetics - Coco Smart Pots - 600W MH/H

I'll pull up a chair (or a couch) and follow along. Looking forward to it....best of luck dude!
Hey THChoker, awesome glad to have you here, thanks very much pal!

Re: TerpKing Second Grow - Holy Grail Kush DNA Genetics - Coco Smart Pots - 600W MH/H

Just a small update of what's going on.

9 of the seeds have popped up so far, hoping the other 3 won't be too far behind. All seeds had sunk to the bottom of the glass, it's been about 3 and a half days now since I planted the seeds inside the rapid rooters.

420-magazine-mobile224484924.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1365183295.jpg

Good luck turpking with the new grow! ..

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Thanks WR420!

It's been 7 days since I planted the seeds and we've still got just the 9 babies so far. I took a peak inside the other 3 rapid rooters and I can still see the seeds so I don't think they've made it, left them in the propagator for now and will keep an eye on them though just incase.

I transplanted my 9 babies to 1L smart pots today as roots were coming out of the bottom and sides of the rapid rooters. I placed a layer of clay pebbles about a half inch thick at the bottom of each smart pot and then filled them up with coco. As I planted each seedlings I sprinkled some Great White Mycorrhizae over the rapid rooter and a bit into the pot too, I then placed the seedling down and filled in around it with coco.

I gave them their first proper watering with nutrients as follows:

Starting with R/O water - 0 ppm
Plant Magic Magne/Cal - 0.3EC
Advanced Nutrients PH Perfect Micro Grow Bloom - 0.6EC
H&G Root Excellurator - 0.3ml litre
SuperVit - 1 drop 4 litres
Advanced Nutrients VooDoo Juice - 2ml litre

Final EC 0.9, PH 5.8.

Here's a couple of pics.

420-magazine-mobile1495508735.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1425495000.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1361929930.jpg

Just a small update.

It's been 4 days since I transplanted the babies Into 1l fabric pots. I've been hand watering them once a day. I'm still running the lights 24/7, I'll be switching them to 18/6 on Sunday/Monday. Things seem to be looking good so far, feels like they're growing a bit slowly but I'd imagine they're working more on roots atmo. Two of the babies have kind of arched leaves, not quite sure why. I will supply some pictures at the end, maybe someone could tell me what it is? :)

420-magazine-mobile236561216.jpg
420-magazine-mobile813056275.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1352066952.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2018777686.jpg
420-magazine-mobile202840253.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1848269832.jpg

Looks great!

Sorry, no idea about the arched leaves.

Sent from a hand built ganja phone I made entirely out of cannabis buds.
Cheers bro. Me neither, been looking around the internet but can't quite seem to find the same sort of curving as I have just yet.

Hahaha you crease me up terp (curved leaves ) then babies look as good as can be
If ya really wanted to pin point what the curve is id say slightly to much water but really mate there fab so far

Hahaha you crease me up terp (curved leaves ) then babies look as good as can be
If ya really wanted to pin point what the curve is id say slightly to much water but really mate there fab so far
Haha thanks, I'm glad I can entertain! They look like the McDonald's arches lol.

Awesome thanks paI, I wasn't sure about the over watering because only those two were suffering, cheers for the pointer, got to keep expanding that knowledge and skill. Also this is the first time I've ever had to water plants by hand so it's completely different learning curve from the last experience. I got a feeling I'm going to enjoy this coco run tho!

Yeah I've heard it can be very forgiving so maybe that's a good thing for my first try in coco. Although I'm not too worried if I'm honest, I'm exited to improve on last time and learn as much as I can. I've heard you're supposed to get great flavour from coco, not sure how true that is tho.DWC looks like a great way to grow, but as you say everything has to be so spot on.

Back
Top Bottom