Onwards & Upwards With Mr Am4zin

Onwards And Upwards

So I'm free and back to some form of normality, so it's only right to start a fresh journal.

As usual I start with the basics...

What strain is it?

I have just 2 plants this run, I have a Fast Buds Pineapple Express Auto and Chocoloco from vision seeds. Those that have known me a while know I've tried to grow pineapple express before, twice in fact and both times they came up male. I'm hoping for better luck this time.

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?

Chocoloco is a feminised sativa dominant hybrid 90/10.
Pineapple Express is a balanced hybrid

Is it in Veg or Flower stage?

just 1 baby at the moment, PEX is at day 2 above ground and Chocoloco hasn't come up yet. :dreamy:

Indoor or outdoor?

Indoor in a homemade wooden box measuring. W600mm x D600mm x H800mm or W24" x D24" x H30"

DSC_012222.JPG

DSC_098612.JPG

If soil... What size pot?

2 x 3 Gallon fabric pots filled with second run Los style soil that has been topped dressed with some Worm castings.

DSC_14162.JPG

Size of light?

Light is supplied by a Marsll 400w fitted into a cutout in the top of the box.

DSC_07479.JPG

DSC_09847.JPG

DSC_098511.JPG

Is it aircooled?

Exhaust is a small 4" fan and carbon filter.

Temp of Room/cab?

Temps are usually good, ranging from 70f at lights off to 84f at lights on

RH of Room/cab?

Normally quite high at between 50% and 80%

Any Pests ?

No but I'm armed and dangerous shoud any get brave.

Type and strength of ferts used?

Ferts will be provided by the soil, I will be feeding the soil a combination of aerated compost teas as required.

The Plan

I'm planning on installing a super low scrog screen in there at some point in the near future. I'm still looking for that sweet spot in maximising my space. Small veg space is still on the cards also.

Some pics of the girls will be uploaded later this evening.

Updates will be will be provided on an irregular schedule when time and consciousness allows. Until next time my friends :passitleft::passitleft:

re: Onwards & Upwards With Mr Am4zin

Oh yeah, count me in! :cheer:

Good to see ya man :passitleft:

Here....:passitleft: Puff, puff, pass

Indeed Mr Jim :passitleft::passitleft:

:passitleft:

:reading420magazine:

90% sativa in a 30" box. You just love tempting fate. I admire that about you!

You know me, wouldn't have it any other way. :high-five:

:passitleft:

*runs in and jumps over 2 chairs and comes to a crashing halt*
Im so in there!

No rush sparks, plenty of time and room around at the moment.

PEX

DSC_011640.JPG

DSC_011742.JPG

This is where the chololoco will grow :dreamy:

DSC_011844.JPG

Loadsa room

DSC_012145.JPG

Hmm the girls are gonna be loving that. So far so good, the seedling looks nice. I'm not sure about the straws there, some buggers can hide and thrive there. A layer of perlite would do better IMHO, if you water with shower head and low flow so you do not wash it away.

I suggest you top them once after two sets of 5 fingered leaves (4th node) are ready. Clear all the other nodes except those two and bam, you got 4 nice thick branches. Or just top once and do some fluxing. The topping and gentle defoiliation makes some nice thick stems and decent roots. Heck you can even LST all the way, stem pinch her like Light Addict does.

You can even go vertical, with wide and low containers, start in long narrow container, then wash all the dirt and spread the roots in every direction. Then you put netting on the wall and you grow them all around the net, like a snake. The light on its side. But there are lightning solutions that would allow you utilize 3 sides of your box, maybe even the ceiling. Like quantum boards. Right now I suggest some 4000K CFLs to shine on the sides, so you get that side branches going. Or ponytail them. So many possibilities and I bet ppl have tons of them under their hat. Just my two cents here :)

Hey man, have you seen my olla irrigation system? Working flawlessly so far. It needs air intake otherwise the seal on the funnel holds the air inside and I have to pull it up when I fill it, no big deal. My girl loves it, she grows very thick. I have link in signature. And it can be automated with a hose and gravity fed reservoir. I'm gonna be using it from now on.

Whatever you do, I wish you enjoy every single moment as I will :love: :Namaste:

Hmm the girls are gonna be loving that. So far so good, the seedling looks nice. I'm not sure about the straws there, some buggers can hide and thrive there. A layer of perlite would do better IMHO, if you water with shower head and low flow so you do not wash it away.

I suggest you top them once after two sets of 5 fingered leaves (4th node) are ready. Clear all the other nodes except those two and bam, you got 4 nice thick branches. Or just top once and do some fluxing. The topping and gentle defoiliation makes some nice thick stems and decent roots. Heck you can even LST all the way, stem pinch her like Light Addict does.

You can even go vertical, with wide and low containers, start in long narrow container, then wash all the dirt and spread the roots in every direction. Then you put netting on the wall and you grow them all around the net, like a snake. The light on its side. But there are lightning solutions that would allow you utilize 3 sides of your box, maybe even the ceiling. Like quantum boards. Right now I suggest some 4000K CFLs to shine on the sides, so you get that side branches going. Or ponytail them. So many possibilities and I bet ppl have tons of them under their hat. Just my two cents here :)

Hey man, have you seen my olla irrigation system? Working flawlessly so far. It needs air intake otherwise the seal on the funnel holds the air inside and I have to pull it up when I fill it, no big deal. My girl loves it, she grows very thick. I have link in signature. And it can be automated with a hose and gravity fed reservoir. I'm gonna be using it from now on.

Whatever you do, I wish you enjoy every single moment as I will :love: :Namaste:

If MrA does a vert in there Tomula I'll eat my hat lol. You've seen the size of that box mate yeah? The man can do wonders but that I'd have to see, challenge on? :rofl:

Thanks for the input man but a scrog is the order of the day for this run, screen will be installed after my trip.

If MrA does a vert in there Tomula I'll eat my hat lol. You've seen the size of that box mate yeah? The man can do wonders but that I'd have to see, challenge on? :rofl:

Challenge declined so your hat is safe dor now, who knows what the future brings......

This looks like it will be fun. I'll just pull up a bean bag and chill over here in the corner. :)

Welcome mouser

Can't wait to see that box fill up!

patience bear, a packed out box will come with time.

hi :hug:

Welcome back once again :hug:
Nice to see you getting into growing again :hug:

:hug: it's good to be back bird and it good to see you flapping around. :passitleft:

Chocoloco came up yesterday, I'd almost given up hope for her.

DSC_013239.JPG

PEX
DSC_013633.JPG

DSC_013730.JPG

Glad to hear that chocoloco has finally decided to make an appearance. *takes a bow* Nice to meet you ladies. Sorry if i missed it, but are you using an los style soil? If so, whats in your mix? Just curious. I love the cover crop and hay btw.

Thanks sparks, choc sure did take her time, 10 days since I dropped that seed in soil. Yes I am using a Los style soil, as for what's in the mix, that's anyone's guess. I purchased the soil I have pre mixed from a UK based company on that old Internet. This will be its second run. I topped up both pots with some work castings, Neem meal, kelp meal, epsom salts and some lime before scratching it in and watering well.

Back
Top Bottom