Asesino's Mystery Girl and Clones ScrOG - Coco Coir

First off let me start by saying again what a great community this is and to thank everyone for also sharing their grows so we can all learn off each other. I wouldn't be where I am in terms of growing without the support of some of the people that I've watched and read from. I have also been fortunate enough to be able to help and pass along my knowledge to others and I enjoy doing it so at any point if anyone has questions feel free to ask or point me towards your journal.

My history
I am still in my rookie year of growing but this is now my 3rd grow. It will finish about the same time I was getting started last year so that will have been 3 grows in a span of a year. This year I intend to get 5 in. I have 3 tents now. A flower tent, veg tent and a smaller tent for drying. It allows me to always have plants flowering and some ready to go. This is my first time being able to do this and it's so nice not to have to wait through veg for flowering anymore!

My first grow was in soil and I had a relatively easy rookie grow that did pretty well. My second grow just finished but was in coco coir and there was a bit of a learning curve but it looks like it will turn out pretty well too. It was also done under a ScrOG net which I had never done but really enjoyed, but also a bit of a learning curve. This grow everything is set the way I want it and the learning curves are over so hopefully this is now lucky #3, my favorite number.

Veg Tent
I won't post a lot of pictures of my veg tent in this grow like I have in the past unless something notable happens. This tent just has one light and a couple fans. I had what is currently pictured and the new mystery girls in this grow all in this tent and they did fine without showing any signs of struggle. These are all clones from my last grow. I did some early training on them and that is featured in my 2nd grow if you want to see all I did. They are going to enjoy having the 3 big mystery girls gone for both light and air circulation. I expect to see a slight boom now. There is a clone of each plant and two extra of the Ayahuasca Purple. I want to clone them again but I have so many seeds that I also want to try. Either way these will be for my 4th grow.

IMG_114833.JPG

Flower Tent
I am excited to do a ScrOG again. I see a lot of people on here do a little bit of a ScrOG but I really like the net I've made and how easy it is to train with it. This time I also did not transfer these plants from soil to coco like I did in my last grow so there won't be the transplanting stress. There are also two in 5 gallon pots and one in a 3 gallon, instead of 7 gallons like last time, so the feedings will be easier and the roots a little more concentrated for support. These plants are already taller than my plants in my last grow so I adjusted my equipment and off we go! I am always thankful that I have chosen equipment that is easily adjustable. My equipment breakdown is in the beginning of my last journal. I set the tent back to veg timers and will be flipping to flower tomorrow night.

This grow is 3 free mystery seeds that I got from an order with Nirvana seedbank. I have no idea what they are and expected at least one not to work out and one to be a male leaving me with one fun freebie. Well they all turned out female and healthy which I didn't expect so now they are my 3rd grow. It will be fun to try and figure out what strain these girls actually are. Two of them are in 5 gallon pots and are 18 weeks veg. The other is in a 3 gallon and is 17 weeks veg. I threw them in the flower tent 4 days ago and started stretching branches under the net as best I could. At this point all the leaves are tangled so not a ton I could do. Have to let them stretch to the light a bit and see what I save and what I trim off.

IMG_108650.JPG

You can see how I have 4 thick branches for support. I find this is a great way to train for ScrOGing especially because you can pull them apart and split the weight evenly. I let them grow to 5-6 nodes and then top them so the 3rd and 4th nodes become the 4 main branches. At this point I tied the 4 branches down kind of line mainlining but 4 ways. It's a little different then the 4-way lst method which just lets them grow with 4 tops into the net and stretches it against the net. I want a stronger, thicker base to the plant first and then to stretch it against the net. It takes longer to do but the bud should be larger. It's a nice advantage to have a veg tent, you don't feel rushed and you can let things grow to where they need to be, not on a timetable. These are bigger than I wanted them to be and could have gone in weeks ago but not a problem at all.

IMG_113937.JPG

Over the last few days I have been defoliating them in waves. I do not want anything growing under the net after stretching. That is one of the key things I learned in my last grow. Do not hope for it to keep growing, if it looks like it won't make it past the net then it likely won't and get rid of it! The canopy gets thick and that under stuff is just taking away from the big buds up top and not getting the let or air they need. These girls will be naked from the net down in this grow. A little bit of the stuff that is under the net will stretch up in this pic when I flip to flower.

IMG_113731.JPG

The last major thing I learned in my last grow was how to deal with the stretch phase with a ScrOG net. If you don't know what to expect when training this hard it is hard to know when to stop training and just let them go vertical. My plants were really wide but short and I want these ones to be taller. I flipped to flower in my last grow when they were barely at the net and trained as things grew up. They are already trained on the net and going vertical or stick up above the net a little. I think this is exactly what I want and am very happy with their height.

IMG_115140.JPG

These are far less compact and I have pretty much been able to get a top in each square for the 85% of the net that is filled. You can see in the bottom left corner there is a little space but not much. Both of the larger plants main colas are facing there though and the main stems seem to stretch more than the others so I will likely train them to there during their stretch and see if I can't fill it up a little more. Either way very happy with how everything looks and how these have already perked up. They will be ready for flower mode tomorrow and then the 70 day countdown begins. This is what I was envisioning when I wanted to ScrOG.

IMG_115542.JPG

Thanks for tuning in to my 3rd grow and I hope to see some familiar faces as well as some new ones! I will likely be updating every 4 days this time around. I found a few of my posts last grow repetitive at 3 days so an update every 4th day should help with that. As always if there is any questions then ask!

First in Asesino, that scrog is already looking amazing. 85%coverage that's impressive. You'll get that corner filled :thumb: I think I need to try my hand at scrogging soon. Goodluck my friend, I'll be watching with intent. Thanks for sharing another adventure with us...

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Looks like you have a good start! I will be popping in and to watch your grow. I really like that scrog net, did you make it yourself?

Sent from my SM-T710 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Asesino's Nirvana Mystery Trio ScroG - Coco Coir

Looks like you have a good start! I will be popping in and to watch your grow. I really like that scrog net, did you make it yourself?

I did and it was super easy to make! I think it's all documented in my last grow but basically just 4 pvc pipes and 4 corner pieces. Drilled screws about an inch apart around the whole thing and then glued it together. Ran some nylon string around the screws back and forth and it maybe only took me two hours. Using PVC is a lot lighter than wood so I could bungee cord it from my tent and adjust it up and down. I see a lot of people use trellis nets and they are too weak for a good ScrOG since the screen needs to be tight to hold everything in place. They are still good for training but just not a full ScrOG in my opinion.

Day 1 Flower - The flowering stage begins! Last night the lights went to 12/12. I am interested to see how much these will stretch. Either way everything is already at the net or higher so my light distribution will be better this grow. 70ish days from now I will be looking to pull these girls down. I really do not know what to expect this time because I don't know anything about the genetics of these but so far they look to be loving the flower tent and the net is working well. The next three weeks should see a lot of action. Let the journey begin!

IMG_115939.JPG

IMG_116536.JPG

Damn that's going to be a sea of buds subbed up for the ride maybe I can learn a thing or two about scrog

Thats the goal! My last grow I didn't let them stretch enough vertically. This one they will be both wide and get the vertical growth they need, the advantage of such a long veg time. Last time they were also a lot more compact and it made for a little bit of light issues getting to some of the lower buds. This time I've made sure there is zero undergrowth below the net and there will only be one cola per square. Hopefully a relatively nice even sea of buds forms this time. I'm really excited about this grow.

Much respect bro I got a set up just about the same as you on my 2nd grow a lot helpful knowledge on your post much appreciated homie

It always makes me feel good when someone says that my journals have helped them in any way. I don't think that will ever get old :)

Glad to have you guys along for the ride! Welcome back to everyone that has made it through my first two journals and haven't bailed ship yet :laughtwo:

Thats the goal! My last grow I didn't let them stretch enough vertically. This one they will be both wide and get the vertical growth they need, the advantage of such a long veg time. Last time they were also a lot more compact and it made for a little bit of light issues getting to some of the lower buds. This time I've made sure there is zero undergrowth below the net and there will only be one cola per square. Hopefully a relatively nice even sea of buds forms this time. I'm really excited about this grow.

It always makes me feel good when someone says that my journals have helped them in any way. I don't think that will ever get old :)

Glad to have you guys along for the ride! Welcome back to everyone that has made it through my first two journals and haven't bailed ship yet :laughtwo:

Your doing a bang bang job man your met is pretty much full I'm just trying my hand at a scrog well half a scrog I've got 4 autos under the net trained but only thing is my squares are to big ideally I could have just done the 4 but I have 7 in the tent 4 under scrog 3 loose I fear some buds will be sharing holes lol with autos it's a bit harder as the veg time was about 20 days long now it's in flower so had to slow down on the training still waiting for them to do there last bit of stretch I'll only do a light bit of bending till then I think as I don't know how this will turn out

Velk's First Grow Journal - Coco - Auto - LED

Velk's 2nd Grow Journal - Mephisto Metropolis - Coco - LED

Agc Auto Growers Club

Think I will follow your example on that scrog net and make one. Thanks for sharing!

Of course! It's really not difficult to make and not expensive either, so worth it.

My one tip is make sure to measure out your tent or space and then measure the PVC with the corners already on. I've read a few people who built nets but forgot to take that into account. They made the whole net and then had to redo it because it stuck out and inch too large on each side because of the corners. They had to cut them down and re-string the whole thing. Avoid mistakes with careful planning!

Day 5 Flower - This period in my last grow was a huge question mark for me. I really did not know how much stretch I was going to get and I did not let them grow vertical enough. I kept stretching them out which made them very wide but really everything needs to be above the net. I kept hoping in my last grow that all the stuff that was at or just below the net would keep growing and catch up. That never happened and all that stuff turned into popcorn nugs. I went all in this time and have literally cleaned up everything below the net no matter what. If my yield is adversely effected than lesson learned but I think I am making a good decision and it will help my yield in the end. I will make sure nothing grows below the net and I will likely defoliate anything at the net after 2 more weeks.

IMG_119442.JPG

The other big improvement that I am already noticing is that the node spacing is so much better this time. I am not too familiar with freebie seeds but I would guess if you got 10 in a pack that they likely aren't all the same. I don't know for sure but just a hunch. With that being said, all 3 of these girls have spaced out nicely for my net, especially if they are all different strains. Last grow the Purple Trainwreck and White Rhino were too compact and its good to see that won't be the case this time. It will make it easier to get light to all the places of the plant and better nugs. With about 2 weeks left of stretch, these are a good height. Since I vegged for so long I think I read that I won't get quite as much stretch as a shorter veg but that would actually be perfect for me. I don't want them to get too tall either.

IMG_118442.JPG

The net really does look nice right now. I've got to maintain keeping everything even. Over the last few days I've spent a little time each day just spacing everything out and trying to get a node in every square and not have two in the same one. For the most part I think I have it exactly where I want it. I haven't done any work yet today but I am sure a few of the big fan leaves blocking light will be chopped down. I don't want to do too much of that in the stretch phase but with a ScrOG you do have to defoliate a little here and there. The net might get bushy at one point and that can cause moisture to get trapped between the leaves and then cause mold. I defoliated pretty heavy before I flipped them to flower and look at them less then a week later!

IMG_118334.JPG

As much as my last grow was a success I feel like a couple key things really held me back from hitting some great yields with this net. I think I have already gotten a couple of those things fixed. The net looks way nicer at this point. Once you have trained them a certain way and they are done stretching it is hard to change anything at that point so I couldn't do anything to fix it last time. It is really important with a ScrOG to get this phase right. I think it's just one of those experience and "lesson learned" type things. Glad I learned it without it costing me too much :)

Looking great asesino

Thanks BF! I am "stacking" the taller colas so that the smaller ones can catch up. Really trying to have a flat, even canopy. Might also do a little backbuilding when the time comes later on to increase density. Right now I really have to get this right over the next two weeks, it's critical.

Wow one of the better scrogs ive seen, im subbed to watch this one progress.

Thanks PW and welcome! My first ScrOG on my last grow was my first time using a net like this and this time I feel like I'm using it way better. Thanks for noticing!

Back
Top Bottom