My First Attempt

Alaskan420907

First off I'd like to say hello to everyone here! I've been reading a ton of information all over this site for the last couple of weeks and am very pleased with the amount of knowledge here!!

I've decided to finally pull the pin and drop some $ on an actual grow tent setup. I purchased the Sun Hut 3x3 model and a single CFL 250 watt bulb/reflector.

I only plan on doing a couple plants my first go around so I can get the does & don't down. I've got everything setup for the most part, just waiting on seeds which should be here tomorrow. As to what type is a mystery, but I'll find out soon and will keep this thread alive with uodates!! Here is a couple pictures of the setup. Btw the plant is just in there so justify having the light/fan on to see what kind of Temps I will be expecting.

420-magazine-mobile717799630.jpg

420-magazine-mobile206444190.jpg

Sent from Alaska

Well ive got 3 seeds started. I decided to start 1 right in the dirt and the other 2 in between wet paper towel. They are "Nameless" Indicas that I got from a friend. I hope they all sprout here within a couple days.

420-magazine-mobile1176266978.jpg

Sent from Alaska

So the seeds have been in between damp paper towel for 2 days now. How long does it usually take for the seeds to split?

Sent from Alaska

I decided to just put them in soil and see what happens. After I did that I grabbed the pot that I planted the seed in the first place. I brushed back a little dirt and look what I found . Should I put him under the light? Right now I have my timer on 20/4.

420-magazine-mobile1237737953.jpg

I decided to just put them in soil and see what happens. After I did that I grabbed the pot that I planted the seed in the first place. I brushed back a little dirt and look what I found . Should I put him under the light? Right now I have my timer on 20/4.

420-magazine-mobile1237737953.jpg

Awww! Check out that little sprout! Seedlings love light... CFLs are great for seedlings. My understanding is you can give them 24 hours of light... especially in the beginning. But definitely watch the distance! Too far and he will stretch. Too close and he will bake. Since you have a grow specific high watt cfl... the bulb manufacturer should have their own recommendations.

Looking good! No stretch which begs the question... What did you decide on re: light distance??

I have 4 little sprouts too... FINALLY. I was working with old seeds and it took a little H2O2 to get them to crack. So I am jumping for joy because I had thought my seeds were all duds. Right now I don't have them under my led panel. They are just under a few low watt cfls... I have two 150 watt CFLs but those are for flower... and i don't have reflectors for them yet.

So how far is your lamp from that little baby??

Also added a 4" Hurricane fan & charcoal filter with a speedster fan controller to the setup today.

So much for my initial "PC Grow" that I had originally planned on...

420-magazine-mobile309309294.jpg

Next week's purchase will be a 400 watt MH bulb/ballast/reflector used from a person here locally. Figured I'd get some real light going. Plus he offered to throw in 2 pineapple express babies if I paid his asking price...

Wowsah! Be careful you don't end up steaming the little guy! That is VERY close... But if you have fans and circulation maybe I am overestimating the warmth produced from the light. Just a suggestion... why don't you use something (books, another pot,etc) to prop the new sprout so that both the top of your ???clone??? (I think you said she was a clone) and the top of your seedling are at the same height. Then adjust the lamp so that they are both equal distances away from your lamp. The little guy in the corner looks lonely:) hehehe. You can still use the mini greenhouse bottle trick on the sprout just make sure the temperature inside the bottle isn't going over 85-90tops. This way both the plants are getting adequate light.

Back
Top Bottom