1st Grow Journal

YungWoodz

Hi everyone like the title says this is my 1st journal and 1st grow. First off im on a budget grow so any tips to have a successful first grow on a budget are appreciated.

Strain: white widow max auto
Medium: fox farms ocean forest
Grow space: 27"27"63" Mars Hydro grow tent
Lighting: 2 mars hydro 300w leds
Nutrients: advanced nutrients piranha, rhino, big bud,bud candy

This will be my setup I'm currently doing a trial run grow on some seeds I got from a friend, if they end up being female these will be my first grow. I'm only looking to grow to smoke for free so I'm only planning on growing 2 at a time. Hopefully someone reading this can also let me know if 2 plants would need a carbon filter or will the tent trap the smell, and if not could I get by just using one 6" inline duct fan attached to a carbon filter with a desk fan blowing on the plants? Any input and advice is welcomed! I will be getting my tent next week and will post updates regularly. These are the 2 unknowns I'm trail running, they're 3 weeks in just waiting to sex them. Hope y'all stick around for the adventure!
420-magazine-mobile148146343.jpg
420-magazine-mobile595308303.jpg

I'm gonna try topping these and see how they come out, but when I get the autos can I too those also? I've read a couple posts about how autos shouldn't be topped? What kind of training do you use? Thanks for the reply!

Don't worry about posting in the wrong place... message 420 mag and they'll move it for you. That's what they did for mine. :)
Subbed to your post- I'm on my first grow with some bagseed I found.. I don't know the strain but I'm excited for this.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I'm gonna try topping these and see how they come out, but when I get the autos can I too those also? I've read a couple posts about how autos shouldn't be topped? What kind of training do you use? Thanks for the reply!

Im not too familiar with autos myself, however there are debated over topping there are a lot of auto topping threads, i think if im not mistaken some people top autos between day 14-21 but i think LST will be your best with autos, tying down branches for the smaller branches to reach up and get equal light. Or something like that! .

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Welcome to 420 Magazine and nice start to your journal!

I would plan on the future need to vent hot air from the tent and a carbon filter to scrub that exhaust.

Cheers,
/Obi

Ended up giving the 2 unknowns to a friend, to me I was seeing signs of male preflower. So that's its for my trial run grow now on to my 1st actual grow. Already germinated 2 white widow autos, planted one last night other this morning. I'm going to be running 2 leds 24 hours until they pop then switch to 18/6. I don't know if I went overkill for my tent size but I planted them in 4 gallon pots. Im really excited to see how these yield!
420-magazine-mobile1625163404.jpg

Got my exhaust fan just waiting on my carbon filter and ducting. Any one got any suggestions how to hang the fan better? I feel like once I get the carbon filter and ducting it should be a lot more stationary and not jus kinda hanging there.

420-magazine-mobile1474669602.jpg

When you put the ducting on. Get yourself some zip ties. Zip tie the inline fam to those hangers to make sure it can't fall. Plus the ducting will help it not be as moveable. Make sure the filter is before the inline fan it's easier to pull air threw it then push it threw.

DIY TENT GROW RANDOM BAG SEED
DIY Tent Grow - Bag Seed

Thanks for the tips I'm gonna buy some zip ties tomorrow while I wait for the ducting and filter. Is there something I'm missing for my lights also? I want them to hang facing the same direction but they twist and go which Ever way they want.

Back
Top Bottom