Grandpa's 1st Grow - Soil - Tent - 300W LED - Blue Mystic & Northern Lights XL Autos

First of all, please understand that this is a PLANNED grow at the time of this writing. Being blind... And taking the advice of one of the wonderful members here... I have decided to start my journal before I have even started my girls. The logic is to be able to document not only the grow, but also the preparations for it. I believe it would be of considerable help to me for future grows. Shoot, it may just help other beginners as well. Now, the challenge begins dot dot dot

I suppose the wisest thing to do at this point would be to let everyone know the ingredients of my soil and the schep dule for watering and nute applications. Any suggestions and opinions are, of course, more than welcome.

Note mix all ingredients except those noted as nutes to as even a consistency as possible.

Recipe

Alaska Fish Emulsion (5-1-1) (Used as nute)

Miracle Gro Liquid Quick Start (4-12-4) (Used as nute)

1 cup - Epsoma Bio-Tone Starter+ Organic (4-3-3) sprinkle one half of the cup on top, mix thoroughly, then follow with the other one half cup. When you think you have mixed it enough, mix some more!)

32 QT. Harvest Superpowered Organic Potting Mix (0.1-0.5-0.5)

1/2 8 Qt. bag of Miracle Gro Perlite (Thoroughly rinsed)

2x 4Lbs. Natural Coarse Sand

1 Bottle BlackStrap Molasses- (Used as nute)

Note: Loc-out is unlikely to happen unless you're watering with >9 or <5 PH water. Most tap water does not fall in this range.

Watering & Feeding

Week 1 (Three true leaves) - 1TSP Fish Emulsion per gallon of water.
Week 2 - 1.5 TSP Fish Emulsion per gallon of water.
Week 3 - 2 TSP Fish Emulsion per gallon of water Week 4 - 2 TSP Fish Emulsion per gallon of water
Week 5 - 2 TSP Miracle Gro Quick Start per gallon of water + 1TSP Blackstrap Molasses
Week 6 - 3 TSP Miracle Gro Quick Start per gallon of water + 1TSP Blackstrap MolassesWeek 7 - 3 TSP Miracle Gro Quick Start per gallon of water + 1TSP Blackstrap Molasses

eek 8 - Plain water + 1TSP Blackstrap Molasses
Week 9 - Plain water + 1TSP Blackstrap Molasses.

Yep... simple and straightforward. As soon as I get something put together comma or anything has changed, I will post here.
Here's hoping that a blind man can grow his own meds.

do not mess with a dragon,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

Re: Grandpa's 1st Grow, soil, tent & 300w LED, Blue Mystic & Northern Lights XL Autos

All looks ok to me except the miracle grow..
Id just use the molasses..
Good luck on the grow..
Peace!!

Re: Grandpa's 1st Grow - Soil - Tent - 300W LED - Blue Mystic & Northern Lights XL Au

HI Grandpa!

So happy to see this coming together for you!!! It's been a long road for you. :)

I'm here and will be here for the long term.

Will your wife be taking pics for you? If you need any help with how to load pictures, let us know. I'll help you or someone else will come to the rescue.

I'm so excited for you. :)

:circle-of-love:

Re: Grandpa's 1st Grow - Soil - Tent - 300W LED - Blue Mystic & Northern Lights XL Au

Hello there E4G! I was just reading your other thread and am so sorry to hear of your plight. However, there really are some wonderful people on here who will help you along the way, and I'm very excited to see how your first grow comes along! I'm a beginner myself and am pretty sure my plants would have died if it had not been for the help and kindness of the people on this forum.

Good luck! :Namaste:

Glad to see you guys here!
Pete... did you make that statement because the name Miracle-Gro is taboo or it won't provide any help? If you could enlighten me, I would appreciate it.
Thank you, CF. I am sure we will get some pictures done. How well they come out is anyone's guess. We'll give it a shot, though. You are one of the main reasons that this is finally coming together! As I have said many times before, I cannot thank you enough. Between you, OlderGrower and the other peeps on the other thread and one other person that was generous enough to give me a lot of things, not to mention all the things that you and OG sent to me, this would still be nothing but a dream and not this close to actual reality.

Thanks to those facts , chapter 2 in the journey is soon to begin.

Oh my GOD my journals just got shit on as far as information goes by a blind man,LOL,I LOVE IT,,
GREAT JOB,,,and HAPPY GROWING,,
I have no excuse ,he got me,,lol,,,GOD BLESS,,

Subscribed Grandpa

Ed's...lol! I highly doubt it.
Thanks though, and welcome!

CC... welcome to this as of yet, non-existent grow. lol in all seriousness, I am glad you are here. I look forward to meeting a lot of great people with this grow.

Hello Eyes2grandpa.

May I humbly suggest adding more potassium somewhere, some how? Seaweed or kelp, potash, or even a bottled nutrient. Awful lot of phosphate in that Miracle Grow. Trust me when I say your plant will want more K. In my opinion it's the most under used, under rated of the macro nutrients.

One other suggestion; lay off the molasses around week 6 of flowering. It tends to leave a harshness in the finished product.

I wish you much luck. I don't stop in here much anymore, but I will look for you when I do. I'm subscribed.

:Namaste:

Ed's...lol! I highly doubt it.
Thanks though, and welcome!

CC... welcome to this as of yet, non-existent grow. lol in all seriousness, I am glad you are here. I look forward to meeting a lot of great people with this grow.

Cannafan is right to ask you to start early, a lot of Newbies need to learn how to set up a system before they crack a seed. We all learn together.

Heirloom...thank you for those suggestions. I am still rather uneducated in nutrient choices. I went with the basics for the first grow. Therefore, I will definitely trust your opinion, but I will keep an open mind for other opinions on this subject as well. How do you suggest I add potassium? Should I take some kelp meal and mix it in with the soil initially? Or is it better to water at a certain point as a nutrient? I'd also like to know you're and anyone else's opinion on those questions and also on how much to use for you're given choice of application of the potassium. The reasons for your choices would be helpful also, please.
If I understand correctly about the molasses, starting after week six, or in other words on weeks 7, no more molasses.
CC...100% agreed. That's great advice for all newbs, including myself. Hence this post and my being a pain to all you experienced Growers out there. I figured like you and heard you comma it is better to be early than late in learning as much as possible as you go. Beware all of you experience growers! Grandpa is here dot dot dot lol.

Grandpa - Personally I would add kelp meal at a cup or two per cubic foot of media to start off. I would add a liquid kelp and/or a product like Pro-Tekt (pronounced protect) during flower. The kelp is beneficial with growth regulators and micro nutrients, and is a mild source of potassium. Think about where kelp grows. The ocean. The soup bowl of Earths elements and their various compounds. Kelp contains nearly everything.

Pro-Tekt, by Dyna-Gro, gives you a decent source of potassium, as well as an often overlooked micronutrient, Silicon. The benefits of adding soluble silicon are numerous. Environment stress resistance boost (heat, cool, drought, pests), a slight increase in final weight, plant tissues tend to become more pliable and less prone to snapping. I encourage you to look into it more.

Use both as directed at first, until you get some experience and a feel for things.

As a grower with a (cough) few plants under his belt, I tweak my applications of products (in a soil environment) as follows:

Note: this is in addition to what ever you plan on feeding.

Two weeks before flowering - Add a product called Cyto-Plus, made by Bio-Ag. Water in with Ful-Power, also by Bio-Ag. Cyto-Plus gives a shot of a few micros from seaweed, a healthy dose of potassium, and very importantly it gives you Humic acid. Ful-Power gives you a good source of Fulvic acid. The discussion of humic and fulvic substances is one for another day. In fact info can be found in various threads on this site.

One week before - Same as above, but work in some (more) Pro-Tekt.

The purpose is to set the stage for prolific flower site production when she starts flowering.

Week 1 flower - Continue with previous additions, switch nutrient ratios to boost P and K. K heavy.

Week 2 flower - Same as week 1.

Week 3 flower - Stop using the Cyto-plus and Ful-power. Continue with bloom fertilizer recipe.

Repeat Week 3 until the final 21 days of bloom.

21 days before harvest - Boost P, or lower K a bit. Drop the molasses.

14 days before harvest - Keep the P high and K right there with it. Stop using Nitrogen fertilizers if you have not already.

Last 7-10 days - Water only. Leach fertilizers out as much as possible early in the week then let it dry out right at the end.

Harvest, dry, cure and enjoy.

Peace.

Wow, Heirloom Loom. That's a lot of info in one small post. Thanks a lot for your detailed and sir. It will help a lot.

Good Morning Grandpa

Hope you and all are doing well today. :)

What is your planned method for germing your seeds when you start? My apologies if this had been discussed on the old thread, I cannot remember if it had been.

Have a great day.

:circle-of-love:

Welcome HH. I'm glad you decided to subscribe to my journal. I obviously can use all the help I can get. lol
Heirloom... now that I've taken the time to read your post a number of times in detail, I want to be sure I understand completely and correctly. I think I should edit the recipe and add those things to it.
If I understand correctly, the kelp meal should be added to the original soil mixture using 1-2 cups per gallon of soil mix. The kelp liquid is added just before flowering starts. The other nutes are started at the same time as the kelp liquid. Since I am sure they are available pretty much everywhere, the kelp meal and liquid will be added to the main ingredient list and added to the schedule of watering and feeding, with a note indicating the usefulness of the others by name. Unless I missed something, how much of the liquid should be added per feeding? Also, does that schedule work for autos as well as photos? I don't want to under do and especially do not want to over do anything. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom