Old Fart's Grow

Old Fart

After lurking around for a bit I decided to post a journal of my first grow. I am a bit uncomfortable with it but maybe someone could pick something out of it they could use. To start I should confess that I really am an old fart, I grew pot years ago ( 70s). In those days access to info is not like now, but there were books available to help out. In the end most just did what I did and planted outdoors. The yields were minimal and the levels were low but I grew some ok stuff and was more than happy with it. Now, years later I find myself in a somewhat different position, still liking to smoke one occasionally, but with access to so much info it is astounding. I know many are big on yields here but in my case an oz a year would be plenty.
That being said planting outdoors is no longer an option and in my case a stealth grow is necessary. Now many options are available. If I run afoul of any rules, regs or just post something in bad taste please say something. Thanx, OF

Apparently that worked so I will add some info
Seeds. Train Wreck (crop king) auto flower
Soil grow. Pro mix veg and herd
Pots 3gal
Lights cfl
Nutes None for now. Perhaps after a few weeks
Small grow tent 2x2
Attitude. After all my reading on this site, many hours , I believe that most newbies overdo things, I will TRY to avoid this.
I have germinated seeds and planted them and after I week I am astounded by the growth. I will try to post pics tomorrow ( I am an old fart). When would the first day be (first day above ground) ?

Here they are at one week
IMG_038846.JPG

IMG_037143.JPG
IMG_037246.JPG

Second week of growth and I am extremely pleased with progress to date. Both have been topped and seem to be ok with it. I suppose this week I should start my first shot at training to even up the canopy.

From one oldfart to another, does that meter you have in your pot work well for you and do you keep it in?
They look very nice by the way.

Sent from my SM-G920P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey, you old fart, if all you only need is an oz., then why you growing more than one plant ? I always ask stupid questions, cause that's what old farts do. If there's anything I can help with, just let me know. i know almost everything, and what i don't know, aint worth knowing. You gonna use cfls all the way.

From one oldfart to another, does that meter you have in your pot work well for you and do you keep it in?
They look very nice by the way.

Hi Chemo. Meter is a piece of junk. I usually take it out but whether I just watered or three days later not much difference.

Thanks for the reply. I am looking for something myself. I want 2 ways so I can double check myself. Eyes aren't as good as they used to be.

Hey, you old fart, if all you only need is an oz., then why you growing more than one plant ? I always ask stupid questions, cause that's what old farts do. If there's anything I can help with, just let me know. i know almost everything, and what i don't know, aint worth knowing. You gonna use cfls all the way.
Hi Slowpuffer. If I got an oz out of a plant I would be extremely happy. I germinated two to be sure I got one, I am new at this. I may use all CFls as I bought my tent before I had any idea what I was doing and it is only four feet tall, maybe too short for led. I really likethe look of the plants and will probably grow more than I need just because it's fun.

Hi Slowpuffer. If I got an oz out of a plant I would be extremely happy. I germinated two to be sure I got one, I am new at this. I may use all CFls as I bought my tent before I had any idea what I was doing and it is only four feet tall, maybe too short for led. I really likethe look of the plants and will probably grow more than I need just because it's fun.
It is fun, and I'd grow even if i didn't use. I run 3 4x4x6.5, (all in one room) tents at the moment. One for veg., one for bloom and the other one for late veg. and I sometimes bloom in there also. but my wife and I, smoke and eat cannabis. We're allowed to legally poss 20 ozs., so I'm taking advantage of it, before Jeff Sessions comes after my weed !! I was growing in the 70s, like you, but I grew my 1st. weed in a toilet bowl, at a Ca. construction site, in 1964. If those are autos, can you just sit them by a sunny window? I know nothing about autos, and i told you I know everything.

It is fun, and I'd grow even if i didn't use. I run 3 4x4x6.5, (all in one room) tents at the moment. One for veg., one for bloom and the other one for late veg. and I sometimes bloom in there also. but my wife and I, smoke and eat cannabis. We're allowed to legally poss 20 ozs., so I'm taking advantage of it, before Jeff Sessions comes after my weed !! I was growing in the 70s, like you, but I grew my 1st. weed in a toilet bowl, at a Ca. construction site, in 1964. If those are autos, can you just sit them by a sunny window? I know nothing about autos, and i told you I know everything.
I am not sure if you could just grow them beside a window as my wife who does not partake (says the modern smoke is too powerful) is ok with it but wants no smell in the house. I also would prefer that the grandkids were not educated by me, hence the stealth grow. I would also like to try some baking, I had a friend who brought some brownies fishing last year and it was an excellent experience.

I am not sure if you could just grow them beside a window as my wife who does not partake (says the modern smoke is too powerful) is ok with it but wants no smell in the house. I also would prefer that the grandkids were not educated by me, hence the stealth grow. I would also like to try some baking, I had a friend who brought some brownies fishing last year and it was an excellent experience.
When you get ready to make those brownies, let me know. Or cookies !!

IMG_037740.JPG
IMG_037651.JPG
IMG_037544.JPG

21 days in and things seem to be ok. I am not sure what the new growths in the first picture are so it would be really great if someone could enlighten me. I have added a small led light ( Mars reflector 48) as it was becoming hard to work with the cfls, they were great when the plant was small but not now. I have also gradually added a dark cycle. As this is my first grow I am really hoping I can carry it off without killing them. I am actually pretty amazed by the growth so far.

IMG_037740.JPG
IMG_037651.JPG
IMG_037544.JPG

21 days in and things seem to be ok. I am not sure what the new growths in the first picture are so it would be really great if someone could enlighten me. I have added a small led light ( Mars reflector 48) as it was becoming hard to work with the cfls, they were great when the plant was small but not now. I have also gradually added a dark cycle. As this is my first grow I am really hoping I can carry it off without killing them. I am actually pretty amazed by the growth so far.
At which week, does an auto start blooming? Does it have anything to do with light intensity ? I haven't grew them, as my friends tell me , there's no advantage. you plants are looking good !!

At which week, does an auto start blooming? Does it have anything to do with light intensity ? I haven't grew them, as my friends tell me , there's no advantage. you plants are looking good !!
I believe that they start blooming about 4-5 weeks in but I don't have any personal experience so it's just a guess based on what I have read. No idea at all about light intensity. I suppose the advantages are that someone like me with limited experience can just sit back and watch. I think they are a smaller plant so they would work better in a small spaces such as mine.

IMG_038357.JPG
IMG_038251.JPG
IMG_038155.JPG

Here they are at day 27. I think they are in preflower or flowering, not really sure but they look healthy and are growing quickly. Pics are not great, I will have to work on that.

Nice and bushy! I was reading this post earlier, and it's full of helpful tips. Thanks for sharing your grow with us, can't wait to see the final outcome. ..

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

IMG_044538.JPG
IMG_044449.JPG

Day 35 and they are growing approx 1/2 day. Bottom leaves are turning yellow, not sure if that is ok or not. I have a ph meter coming in a couple of days and I am going to get some calmag as I figure it probably can't hurt. They really grow much faster than I thought.

Back
Top Bottom