If soil... What size pot? 5 gallon smart pot
Size of light? Mars II 400W LED
Is it aircooled? Yes
Temp of Room/cab? 57-84 degrees
RH of Room/cab? 45 - 78RH
PH of media or res? 6.5~
Any Pests ? Fungus Gnats after watering until the topsoil dries some
How often are you watering? 3 days or so
Type and strength of ferts used? None, yet.

Alright guys, obviously very new to the growing game. Picked up these seeds at a local dispensary and decided to give em' a go.
I built my own growbox that is about 2.5' x 4' x 4'. The thread I started while building my growbox :

Trying to plan my grow set-up - Need some advice

Running a Mars II 400W LED with a HyperFan 6" fan coupled with a 6 x 16 carbon filter. So far I have one 6" fan set to provide a gentle breeze. Currently on a 18/6 schedule. I popped one seed and focused on that one for a bit until I decided to pop 3 more. They have all germinated thus far. I have a neighbor who grows outdoors and it is my intention to get one or two seedlings off to a good start and gift them to him.

I am concerned about my wide range of temps and RH I have experienced thus far and if it has stunted any growth. I also have only had real good ventilation for about 48 hours. The majority of the grow has been done with no fans to speak of. As you can imagine, humidity was pretty high during this time.

Looking forward to sharing my grow with you guys and learning as much as I can!!

IMG_061241.JPG
IMG_062140.JPG
IMG_062945.JPG
IMG_063040.JPG
IMG_063151.JPG
IMG_063342.JPG
IMG_064046.JPG
IMG_064139.JPG

They look very healthy. Your off to a great start. Good luck with your grow.

Thanks for the kind words and thanks for checking my journal out.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Looking at my temps, I can see that I'm fluctuating wildly. Makes sense as I am in a garage. My wife frowns at the notion of using a heater in there. What else can I do? How badly am I hurting the plants by not keeping it warmer?

Archiweedies First Grow - Soil - LED - Super Lemon Haze - 2017

Looking at your first post here it looks like your low is about 57 degrees. If thats just on the 6 hour dark cycle then thats not to bad. You won't damage anything.

I'm also a newbie but I would recommend watering less that's probably why you have fungus gnats I would think you could make it a week without watering at this stage...

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks. I believe I had fungus gnats because I was running the box without air circulation. That's not recommended I think hehe. I'll keep an eye on that situation. They seem to be staying away for now.

I'm also a newbie but I would recommend watering less that's probably why you have fungus gnats I would think you could make it a week without watering at this stage...

I'm gonna try to go longer without watering. I have been splashing them with water every couple days where I should have gave them full water and left them alone. Will the fungus gnats go away if I stop watering so often?

Also I just got some Dyna gro Dyna-Gro Grow 7-9-5 Plant Food Gro-32, 1-Quart

1666636515618.png

Is this stuff ok? I didn't realize it's not organic, but I guess I don't care if it's good stuff. It says to use 1/4 to 1/2 a tsp per gallon water. Is this too much?

For young plants go with half strength at the most and see how they do. You can always increase nutes later. Its one of those less is more deals and will negate nute burn which is a bitch.

I'm certainly no authority on soil growing but I believe that the gnats thrive on the wet soil at surface, so watering every five days or so and letting the top of the soil dry out should control the gnats. If this is not the case, someone please correct me.

The fungus gnats should die off if you water less often... pretty much every new grower gets them because you want to take care of your plants so bad that you end up watering to often... for the feeding I would wait until they use up all the nutrients in the soil fox farm ocean forest has a fair amount of nutrients in it already so you can probably wait 2-3 weeks after you transplanted before feeding... unless you notice a deficiency like the leaves starting to yellow... And also like you said good air circulation will help you get rid of the gnats because it helps dry the top layer of soil...

I'll be tagging along for this grow. :) I work a lot with soil and you can definitely go a little longer without watering. They're more resiliant than you think. Especially in Veg they like a good wet-dry cycle, so let them dry out and then soak em' up. Sometimes you want to care for your girls a little too much and that can be your downfall. On my adult flowering plants I really only water every 2 days.

Your plants look very healthy though. Dont stress too much & enjoy your first grow :blunt:

Oh man you guys are making me smile. I couldn't have said it better, I want to care for them so much. It's tempting to give em a little sip of water lol. I shall resist! Scouts honor.

I also placed an order for a few blueberry seeds fromCKS

I'll be tagging along for this grow. :) I work a lot with soil and you can definitely go a little longer without watering. They're more resiliant than you think. Especially in Veg they like a good wet-dry cycle, so let them dry out and then soak em' up. Sometimes you want to care for your girls a little too much and that can be your downfall. On my adult flowering plants I really only water every 2 days.

Your plants look very healthy though. Dont stress too much & enjoy your first grow :blunt:

Thanks for the kind words!
I would like to ask if anyone can explain the curling of the sides of the leaves. It's not the cotyledons, it's the first set of "real" leaves. I'm not too concerned, but I welcome the chance to learn what happened there.

Not yet, Im in the process of putting one together should have it up today hopefully. I have a lot that needs to be copied down. :)

Sweet. I love reading through journals. Especially ones that involves strains that I want to grow. Unfortunately I can't be certain what these seeds are I'm currently growing. The dispensary labeled them SLH and I tried the product they had. If it's the same smoke I'm in for a treat provided I don't eff it up lol

Thanks for the kind words!
I would like to ask if anyone can explain the curling of the sides of the leaves. It's not the cotyledons, it's the first set of "real" leaves. I'm not too concerned, but I welcome the chance to learn what happened there.

I wouldnt be too concerned, seedlings can look pretty crazy until they get things straightened out.

StarKiller OG - Rockwool - Ebb & Flow - 1200W LED - 2016
New Member Start Links
How do I top my plants?
Auto Growers Unite - A Community Thread

Back
Top Bottom