The Common Bagseed Grow #1 By Mikka

MikkaTheEnt

So, since I've moved my bagseed grows outside, I decided it would probably be best to separate them from the original thread, where I mixed them in with my Donkey Kong grows:

2x Hydro Banana Kush x Gorilla Glue #4 Grow Journal - 2017

The pair of low-born bagseed plants have been outside near the garden box for four days now. I left them in their grow bags (3 gal) which is probably a mite small, but I'm afraid I might kill them if I try to transplant them now. Here they are in all their 38-day old newborn glory:

2017-04-08_bs1_day_38.jpg

2017-04-08_bs2_day_38.jpg

These were taken just before I topped them. I'm almost but not quite certain these are a sativa because of the way they've shot up compared to my Donkey Kongs, which would make them NOT Grand Master Kush. But hey, it's my first grow, what do I know?

Now, I'm not certain what to do from here. Do I just let these bad ladies grow wild? I'm not sure how to "train" them at this point, if I should at all. Not sure when they'll start to flower either, as I have no control over that at this point since the ladies left the indoor tent.

I am still feeding them the same nutes that I gave my hydro DKs, but only once a week (it's just plain water the rest of the time). pH in the outdoor faucet is 6.25 give or take a few, so it's not too horribly off. But should I forget the plain water and just give them nutey-water from here on out, and if so, when would I up the Bloom?

So, it's been about 11 days since my last post on this particular grow. These two unknown genetics bagseeders continue to grow, albeit slowly. They did the same in the tent too, so I'm wondering if these are just slow growers because of inferior genetics, or maybe it's just what they do. I'm keeping an eye out for balls (denoting a male) and will trash them immediately if they are.

Here's BS1 at day 49 from seed:

2017-04-19_bs1_day_49.jpg

And now BS2 at day 49 from seed:

2017-04-19_bs2_day_49.jpg

BS2 is about 8" taller than BS1, this despite them being from the same "bag", having the exact same grow specs, and being topped once. I have a sneaky feeling I'm not going to see a whole lot of action from these two, just continued upward growth as time moves on. Hopefully they end up females and I have at least a respectable harvest at, say, end of summer.

Today is day 78 from seed for these two common bagseed grows, which I started indoors in the tent under LED but moved outdoors when they got big enough to fend for themselves. Still no sign of sex, though I am starting to see some outgrowth where calyxes ought to be. I think it's a false start, from what I've read I won't be able to harvest till September, but there ya go. Here's pics:

2017-05-18_bs2_day_78.jpg

2017-05-18_bs1_day_78.jpg

They are south facing just behind my raised garden bed, so they get quite a bit of sun. They are starting to fill out now, not just spindly little grows like they used to be. And so the beat goes on.

It's now day 88, and my two outdoor bagseeders are continuing to grow but at a slow pace compared to the indoor grows. I guess this is normal. Still no sure sign of sex yet. There are a few hairy whisps coming out now, but they aren't out enough to tell if these are gonna be male or female or hermies.

Here's some pics:

IMG_20170528_182743.jpg

That's BS1 above. She (or he or even it) is almost three feet high, a bit thin but starting finally to spread out a bit.

IMG_20170528_182753.jpg

Above is a closeup of a juncture where some hairy whisps are starting to appear. Not sure if I'll see balls or not yet. I'm hoping they are female but it'll take maybe another week to fully determine this, if not more. I'll be keeping a close eye on them this week.

IMG_20170528_182757.jpg

BS2 above is shorter, about 2 feet tall, and bushier than BS1. I guess that's the fun of growing bagseed, you never know what you're going to get and it won't be consistent. But it's still a blast to grow them.

More later.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us. Sorry about the boys.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom