HG & FP's Summer 2017 Grow - Freedom - CB Dutch Treat - Durban Poison

Good afternoon.

Felonious and I are starting our summer grow and thought we would start a new grow journal.

THE STRAINS:

Felonious germinated and planted 2 Freedom Dreams on May 1. Freedom Dreams are all CBD (<1% THC) seeds that were given to Canadians who signed up for them through Overgrow Canada.

Here's what their website says about this strain:

FREEDOM DREAM - CBD
Freedom Dream is a strain normally grown in Canada for commercial seed production. The seeds will produce both female and male plants. The female plants will grow about five feet tall and produce a large central bud with minimal side branches. If pollinated by a male plant, the bud will fill with seeds. If not exposed to male pollen, the bud will produce about 8-12% CBD and only very little THC. You could smoke these buds for pain relief but you won't get high. For best medicinal benefit, I would recommend making water hash or other extract from these buds.

The next two seeds Felonious will be planting are CB Dutch Treat from Crop King, which is a Sativa with 4% THC and 8% CBD.

Here's what Crop King says about CB Dutch Treat:

Azura Haze and Amnesia Haze make a winning combination in this ultimate Sativa-dominant medical strain. Spicy and piney, this pain-reliever will deliver a high that is both energetic and euphoric. A good strain for day use as it helps the user feel happy, creative and focused. Robust plants can reach 4 feet or more, with long, slender leaves. Abundant light-green flowers mature in 9 to 10 weeks.

The final two seeds Felonious will be planting are Durban Poison. I got interested in this one because apparently, it doesn't give you the munchies the way a lot of the strains do. I like getting high but the munchies are killing my weight loss goal. I could use a strain for fun and not food.

Durban Poison is a sativa with high THC (21%) and low CBD (<1%). Here is what Leafly says about:

This pure sativa originates from the South African port city of Durban. It has gained notoriety worldwide for its sweet smell and energetic, uplifting effects. Durban Poison is the perfect strain to help you stay productive through a busy day, when exploring the outdoors or to lend a spark of creativity.

Growers and concentrate enthusiasts will both enjoy the over-sized resin glands, which make this straina quality choice for concentrate extraction. The buds are round and chunky and leave a thick coating of trichomes on almost all areas of the plant.

THE MEDIUM:

All of the seeds will be planted in 5 gallon pots using HP Pro Mix Premium Organic Vegetable and Herb Mix also known as dirt. :cheesygrinsmiley:

We're starting the seeds in the house in our Mars Hydro 3x3 tent using a Mars Pro II 320 light and a Likewise oscillating tower fan and hope to move them outside when it finally warms up.

Back shortly with photos.

re: HG & FP's Summer 2017 Grow - Freedom - CB Dutch Treat - Durban Poison

Now for the photos so far:

THE TENT:

IMG_059247.jpg
IMG_059346.JPG
IMG_059445.JPG
IMG_059543.JPG
IMG_059645.jpg
IMG_059743.JPG
IMG_059842.JPG
IMG_059949.jpg
IMG_060048.JPG
IMG_060140.JPG

IMG_060541.jpg

And, here are the 4 remaining pots prepped and ready for the remaining seeds along with the "dirt" we're using:

IMG_010077.JPG

IMG_010160.jpg

:welcome:to our new grow journal, G2HM. It will be nice to have you along for the ride.

I told Felonious we should start a Community Grow Journal for the Freedom Dreams as there appears to be a few people growing them. What do you think?

That soil is amazing, it has all you need for your full grow. I'm totally sub'd in and eager to see the Freedom Dream family turn out. ;)

:welcome:to our new grow journal, G2HM. It will be nice to have you along for the ride.

I told Felonious we should start a Community Grow Journal for the Freedom Dreams as there appears to be a few people growing them. What do you think?

Yeah! For sure...I'm down! ..

I think it's a great idea. There are quite a few of you growing them, and you can share insights and put your heads together for problem-solving.

Nice kick-off to the journal. Looks like fun ahead. I hope your Freedom Dreams is a female. I just watched a panel on hemp, and a good part of the summit this year dealt with CBD, including some insights on growing for maximum CBD expression. I'll have to pay close attention when I watch the next time through. Freedom Dream is essentially a hemp cultivar bred for the CBD.

Whew! I learned a lot this weekend. It'll take a couple days to get it to all settle. I need some fun time to unwind. :laughtwo:

It is so nice to have April Member of the Month growtohealme first through the door! Welcome. Pull up a chair wherever you like.

I just took the seeds (2 x Durban Poison, 2 x Dutch Treat, 6 x Freedom Dream) out of the water they have been soaking in for the last eighteen hours and put them in paper towel to germinate. The two Freedom Dreams in soil are looking OK, though one might be suffering from a little too much water.

DSC_048312.JPG

DSC_048414.JPG

DSC_048515.JPG

I think it's a great idea. There are quite a few of you growing them, and you can share insights and put your heads together for problem-solving.

Nice kick-off to the journal. Looks like fun ahead. I hope your Freedom Dreams is a female. I just watched a panel on hemp, and a good part of the summit this year dealt with CBD, including some insights on growing for maximum CBD expression. I'll have to pay close attention when I watch the next time through. Freedom Dream is essentially a hemp cultivar bred for the CBD.

Whew! I learned a lot this weekend. It'll take a couple days to get it to all settle. I need some fun time to unwind. :laughtwo:

Welcome SweetSue! Lotsa seats left!

Yeah I figured they were hemp, but I liked the CBD count and thought they might be interesting to combine with Durban or whatever in an oil. Might even consider cross pollinating at some point.

Peace. :peace:

Hey SweetSue,

Where were you watching that panel? I know I'd be interested in seeing it if it is not too late. I'm sure growtohealme might have some interest too.

Hi All,

To clarify, the freedoms are in three gallon pots, and when the new seeds germinate, they are going into four inch pots until we decide what to do with them.

Hello Ladies and Gent!

Nice beginnings. Quite interested to know how well those Freedoms work for pain, HG. And looking forward to hearing how those Durbans treat you both. I hope this grow works out more to your expectations than your last grow. I suppose it was a bit of a disappointment with the watering issues and all. Reminds me of my current grow (about 4 weeks left I think) and all the problems I've had. Oh well. They say that beginners can never grow as much as old timers and I believe it now. At first I thought to myself, Self, I said, Self, you're going to grow as much as the next guy no matter how new you are to this. Well, I didn't consider that the next guy was probably a beginner, too! But I hope my summer grow redeems myself like I expect you are hoping this grow gives you more than your last. Good luck with it! I'm way over here, sitting in the section reserved for rednecks (there was no other place to sit, I'm afraid), waving my arms and tooting a horn, rooting for all of you.

Best of luck. I'll be watching. But you probably knew I would be, right?

Welcome Magnus8,

You are welcome as long as you are tooting your horn. Any other tooting is considered impolite. The washroom is down the hall, on the left.

Glad to have you drop in.

Hey SweetSue,

Where were you watching that panel? I know I'd be interested in seeing it if it is not too late. I'm sure growtohealme might have some interest too.

I did watch it but I'll be watching again when they get them up for subscribers. I'll pull what info I can out of them. You won't be able to see them unless you have a subscription.

Excited to sub in and watch these strains. :hippy:

Excited to sub in and watch these strains. :hippy:

Welcome Garden Gnome,

Find a place you like and settle in. It can get loud in here with the horn tooting and yelling, not to mention the loud music! There is a bowl filled with ear plugs just outside the kitchen if it gets too out of hand.

Back
Top Bottom