Grow #2 - Auto Blueberry - 2'x2.5' - Citi & Osram COB

nobodyhere

First grow is here...

1st Grow - 2x2.5 Tent - Bogglegum - LED Moving To COB

Everything went well, except they turned out to be dudes. Bummer but learning experience. I think I picked up a few things on setup, watering, care, plus I might move some stuff around in the tent. I trimmed them up because there was a little sticky and threw it into a ziplock in the freezer to incorporate into any additional trim for some bubble hash. I know this cutting will be lower yield and quantity-but I figure it will not hurt to add it to future trims for something.

So on to Grow #2
What strain is it?
Auto Blueberry
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
Indica mostly
Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
Just started-seeds are soaking
If in Veg... For how long?
AUTO
If in Flower stage... For how long?
AUTO
Indoor or outdoor?
Indoor
Soil or Hydro?
Mostly Soilless
If soil... what is in your mix?
FFOF 15%, Light Warrior 60%, Perlite 25%, moistened with 1qt of RODI water
If soil... What size pot?
Straight into 5 gallon fabric pots after seeds sprout.
Size of light?
4x3500K Citi CLU048-1212 Cobs on a dimmer, max watts ~215, 2x660nM Osram SSL80, max watts ~48,
Is it aircooled?
AC house kept below 80 all the darn time, fans above lights.
Temp of Room/cab?
65-80F
RH of Room/cab?
40-60%

Seeds went into water around 2pm yesterday, tonight into paper towel. NLT Thursday night into pots-not going to transplant these. I go out of town Fri-Sun so they will get transplanted before I leave. One looks like they are already cracking. Prob will only update once a week until it gets interesting. Day 1 will start on when they pop from soil.

I plan to be more aggressive on both nutes and soil. Less worried about pH out-there is so much skew/sample reading in that number that I feel like it's only relevant in very few scenarios. pH of water/nutes going in will not be above 6.8 and more closer to 6.2.

I hope to break 200g with this grow, that might be high since this is truly my 'first grow', although I feel like I will be less worried about giving nutes and watering-feel like I came away with a good idea of 'do this here'.

Here is seed description: "Blue Berry Auto is a beautiful inbred cross of a Lowryder #2 male an original Blueberry mother. This auto-flower matures in 70-75 days from germination. The resulting plant is a vigorous and potent. This auto-flower strain has excellent side branching. Although some of the blue hues from the mother have been lost in the cross, this strain retains its mothers fruity taste. Easy to grow and good in cold weather. Good for beginners."

Feel free to follow, comment, criticize, tell jokes, or talk about your growing...

re: Grow #2 - Auto Blueberry - 2'x2.5' - Citi & Osram COB

I have a fem Blueberry seed for my next grow. Definitely can't wait to see how the Auto grows.

Put them in soil this morning. Plants will be known as orange and blue.

IMG_220926.jpg
IMG_221130.jpg
IMG_221029.jpg

Tomorrow I will mist them good, and set lights at 50w while I leave for the weekend. Not going to cover them or worry about anything. I turned the vent off in the tent and the RH is 62. Two fans on low are in the tent.

Vex-when are you going to start up again?

Not much to report on. Blue plant is peeking through the soil, no sign of orange. Slow to come up. Misted them when I got home today, temps up to 79 RH about 56.

Was in Vegas over the weekend. Went and got a few pre-rolls locally. There is a place selling acapulco gold that is very close to what I remember as a teenager. Good stuff.

I am trying to germ a hindu kush auto today for the pot that is missing a sprout.

I do know to point the tap root down...I lightly went over the surface (using a scribe) and did not see any signs of sprouting so I will just assume a loss.

Going to fire up some white widow tonight.

I am trying to germ a hindu kush auto today for the pot that is missing a sprout.

I do know to point the tap root down...I lightly went over the surface (using a scribe) and did not see any signs of sprouting so I will just assume a loss.

Going to fire up some white widow tonight.
Your seed is not germinating? How long has it been? Some seeds take a long time to crack.

Blueberry Auto (blue pot) @ day 2
Hindu Kush Auto (orange pot) @ day 0 (still soaking)

No sign of orange blueberry, so I gave up. Looks like I will have a Hindu Kush about a week behind. This was a freebie seed from one of our friendly US seed suppliers.

And now for the excitement.

IMG_222224.jpg

Temp has been under 80, not running vent yet, so it's staying warmer and humidity bottoms around 55%. Cit Cobs at 80w, Osrams off. Misting with some CaMg water, but not too much. Put a glass over the seedling to keep RH up.

Thinking that 5 gallon pots may be too large for autos going forward and might look into 3g for auto. We will see how this grow goes before I order pots.

I have to go to colorago for a week next week for work (bummer), so it's a blessing that the last grow went male so I don't have to stress about watering. I will water the seedlings when I leave they will be good for a week.:thumb:

The White Widow I bought at the dispensary is pretty good stuff. One gripe I have about the Vegas dispensaries, all of the flower they sell comes in pre-packaged eighths, in some type of plastic zip lock bag. Seems all the flower I get is either very dry (if it's been in inventory for awhile) or pretty damp (if new). This WW was pretty close to perfect. I mostly repackage in jars with 62% and a week later it's GTG.

Blueberry Auto (blue pot) @ day 4
Hindu Kush Auto (orange pot) @ day 0 (transplanted today)

Happy Friday folks!:bravo:

I removed the humidity dome on the Blueberry seedling and placed it over the HK that was transplanted today. Temps are high 70s, RH high 50s, Citis still at 80w.

The blueberry plant almost looks leggy. Might turn into a light whore.

Thinking I may just grow autos for a few grows. There is something appealing about starting new plants every 5-6 weeks. I would always have variety too...

IMG_222323.jpg
IMG_222424.jpg

Blueberry Auto (blue pot) @ day 6
Hindu Kush Auto (orange pot) @ day 0

Seedling stage is so boring. Its mostly a waiting game. hope to see the hindu kush poke through either today or tomorrow.

The blueberry's first set of true leaves have some wilt/drying on the edges just like the last grow-maybe 1/3 of the leave, other leaves sprouting look better. Might be too much water/humidity. Today I am going to run the exhaust, leave plant uncovered and see how it fares for the day.

Blueberry Auto (blue pot) @ day 7
Hindu Kush Auto (orange pot) @ day 0 (transplant + 3 days)

No signs of Hindu Kush. Maybe that pot is cursed and consuming just germinated seeds? Not going to try another one till I am back in town around the 1st. Hopefully it will pop. I misted the soil and recovered the area where the seedling is (hopefully).

I went ahead and gave about 300ml of 200ppm, pH 6.5 Big Bloom, that amounts to about 15ml of solution in 2l of water.

It appears the crap on the 1st set of leaves has stopped progressing. My earlier grow did this on the first leaves but later, so not worried about it too much unless it spreads to other leaves. If you look back in previous photos, you will see I had to flick the seed head off, this could be damage that I induced. Any other opinions considered???

Heck, maybe I am cursed.

IMG_222625.jpg

Blueberry Auto (blue pot) @ day 7
Hindu Kush Auto (orange pot) @ day 1

I took a peek before dinner and viola, appears the Hindu Kush has popped the surface.

Exactly a week apart. Cool. Time to go smoke.
IMG_222721.jpg

Back
Top Bottom