LDReDD's Soil - 8 Freedom Dream - 5 BB - 5 Haze X - All Regular - 2017 1st Grow!

LDReDD

Hey :420: and fellow community members!

:welcome:

LDReDD here, or LD or DRead or hey you guy :volcano-smiley:

1st ever medical grow and can't wait to finally produce my own meds instead of being at the mercy of the government!

I am a total noob and all criticism is welcome as I am learning as I go (mind did do a lot of online reading and research).

Below is my basic grow info:

What strain is it? Freedom dream (FD is over grow Canada seeds)(8), blueberry (5), Haze extreme (5) all regular
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? no idea on the FD. BB and HX as on CK website
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
If in Veg... For how long? week1/2 veg - seeds are 13 days out of the soil

Indoor - 5 x 5 grow tent
Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? blue sky organics
If soil... What size pot? inital 500ml square pots
Size of light? 7 x Sunblaster 48watt LED
Is it aircooled? no but tall rotating fan in room
Temp of Room/cab?25-27C
RH of Room/cab?60-70
PH of media or res? not sure - nned ph kit and is on the list!
Any Pests ? none
How often are you watering? every 3-4 days or when soil is dry 1inch deep
Type and strength of ferts used? none yet but will be using blue sky 'fert'alive' and the other products they recommend

I am late to getting this grow journal going but here is the current situation as of day 13 for 14/18 girls...
I don't think they look nearly as healthy as they should and im guessing its a noob overwater mixed with not enough root drainage...

set up
20170510_141055.jpg

20170511_010743.jpg

20170511_010958.jpg

Sunblaster 48watt LED veg light data

20170511_012041.jpg

freedom dream
20170510_141105.jpg

20170511_010946.jpg

20170511_010823.jpg

Mutant freedom
20170511_010836.jpg

BB1
20170511_010858.jpg

BB2
20170511_010907.jpg

BB3
20170511_010911.jpg

Haze X
20170511_010855.jpg

back 3 BB front 3 Haze X
20170510_141112.jpg

May 3 seedlings of BB and Haze X
20170510_141118.jpg

After uploading the pics and writing this and reviewing it.,...my plants look sad and I need your community help and moral boost to get the girls (hopefully most) to cheer up and grow proper!

Thx for checking out my 1st ever grow :thanks:

Hey Thx for the welcome Canada Guy, always nice to have a fellow alberta as your 1st comment XD

I think I may have been either A over watering or B overlighting the plants. I think the 7 x 48 watt LED's im using was a huge stress on the plants going from t5's...i just went over board. I have since modified and built my own hangers so i can space lights how I want them.

The side lighting is not on yet as I am waiting for the plants to get bigger and adjust or heal from my mistakes. I checked my tap water pH and its sitting around 6.8-7.0 and soil ph was 6-6.5 so i dont think it was a Ph issue. There are some funky leaves with burns on them, maybe LED burn no idea as im a noob!

Also 1 weird mutant from the FD team no idea if its flowering itself!?
Here are all the updated pics :)

new set up - only top lights on currently
vegsetupmay12.jpg

vegsetupmay12-2.jpg

veg_set_up_may12_3.jpg

the mutant FD
mutant_freedom_may12.jpg

Batch 1.b 1 week from ground
may_3_1_week_old.jpg

HazeXmay12
hazemay12.jpg

FD and family
freedommay12.jpg

freedomfamily_may12.jpg

fdfam2.jpg

fd_growth.jpg

leaf issues
closeupfdleaves.jpg

BB may 12
bbmay12.jpg

LD

I'd say the droppy leaves are over watering. Instead of the finger method try picking up the pot and feel the difference. I'm finding that this is working better for me. Dont be afraid to let it dry out good as this may help with air getting into soil.

I'm in and looks like a interesting grow. Kepp up the good work bud.

Yup seems like over water. Don't stress too much, honestly it is really hard to mess up these plants! In veg they will bounce back. I went from 150 watts of cfl to 600 watts of MH, and they loved it so I don't think light stress is the issue. I love your Purple looking FD! Super cool. The only real advice I can give is up pot the biggest girls soon. You will see how wet the dirt and roots are and when you get them in the new pot you can get a feel for how heavy the pot will be when the soil is completely dry. Relatively speaking your plants are so tiny right now they weigh nothing.

Thx for the tips CG!
I turned on the side lights right as the light cycle started tonight, am at night shift - I am excited to see how they respond in the am.

As far as the overwater issues, I used a sterile syringe plunger to poke hole from the top to bottom soil in every pot about 10+ each, I know that I prob damaged some roots but I am trying to dry em out b4 the transplant and feel like half of them just wont dry even with a fan...RH is 60 to as high as 80! so I think that is not helping them drink as much from the soil.

Thx for the tips CG!
I turned on the side lights right as the light cycle started tonight, am at night shift - I am excited to see how they respond in the am.

As far as the overwater issues, I used a sterile syringe plunger to poke hole from the top to bottom soil in every pot about 10+ each, I know that I prob damaged some roots but I am trying to dry em out b4 the transplant and feel like half of them just wont dry even with a fan...RH is 60 to as high as 80! so I think that is not helping them drink as much from the soil.
I just had the exact same thing happen with me, in the solo cups they just weren't drinking, and were always wet. I only watered them 2 times from when they popped up out of the ground to when they got transplanted to the current pots. They were actually still wet when I repotted, but I was starting to get worried about root rot so I just moved them when they were still wet. When they went in the new pot I watered a little bit to get the soil in the pot a little moist. I know that seems ridiculous to give water when the plant is already wet, but it is what I did and it worked great. The bigger pots also got even more perlite to help with drainage, and now they are completely dry in about 3 days. Hope all goes well!

They def loved the added light you were right CG not overlighting. I think the holes i put in are also helping dry. PLus the added light has helped my temps go from 21C day 18night to 25/26 day and we'll see this eve what the "am temp" is.

I have no idea what the hell is going on with my FD i think they are flowering?! I think I have 1 maybe 2 male and the rest fem but since I am mega mega noob i have no idea. Here the pics:

FD male balls?
fd_male_balls_3.jpg

fd_male_balls2.jpg

fd_male_balls1.jpg

FD fem pre flowers?!?
fd_purple_2.jpg

FD_purple_female.jpg

FD_purple_female.jpg

fd_fem_3.jpg

fd_fem_2.jpg

fd_fem_1.jpg

1.b batch may 13
1b_batch_may_13.jpg

the family as of may 13 :)

the_fam_may_13.jpg

I may not even up plant the big guys bc i think they are males...but waiting on your opinions.
ya I am following your advice to the 1g then 3 g. and if a really nice plant for a mom may goto a 5g.

Cheers guys happy weekend all !

May 14 update:

culled the 2 biggest FD - ball sacks showing up all over the place :<
I am now starting to worry that more of what I thought were fem preflowers may not be...I have another 2 suspect males that I am giving a cpl more days.

I am very glad I did not just do an entire FD crop...a potential all males is not uncommon from what I have read online.

plan to transplant into promixHP with 20-30% perlite by the end of next week.

Happy mothers day!

:green_heart:

Hello LDReDD,

Our Freedoms are in ProMix Organic and are doing well. They are in 3 gallon pots and won't make it outside until July, when all the renovations are done.

Peace. :peace:

Hey all May 18 update!

Welcome and thx for stopping by FeloniousPunk (FP - love that name fyi!!)

FD update:
Of the 8 germinated on April 25th, sprouted somehwere 28-30th so ill call them 21 days above ground.
I have taken out 5 males with 1 maybe 2 more suspect for sure that purple demon mutant is a lady and what a lady so so different than any of the other pheno's of the FD seeds. -- if i had more females i would plant the males with the female in a park to seed and spread...i still might do that so far the males are living at my moms far away outside to see how they do.

BB/Haze update:
Haxe seems to pray way more than BB, BB is a portly little plant and hazeX deff lanky! They are about to get transplanted into coco.
After doing a ton of research, asking questuions to great members on here and reading many threads -- im going COCO with AN ph perfect system. I have 5L of worm casings should i mix with the coco/pertrile combo? also what ratio 50/50?
I need to do this soon as they are getting way to big for the 500ml pots and prob close (or at) root bound stage.

May3rd bb/hazeX batch - trucking along and getting 2nd nodes! :)

Life update - my partner of 5 yrs is leaving me after a bout of infidelity (her not me, i would nvr cuz i have morals) 1 week b4 our marriage. FML this grow may have to go in the garbage and i may have to sell my house and basically uproot everything (pun intended). Sorry for being a debbie downer but basically watching the little girls grow is the only thing left in my life i enjoy. If it all goes belly up MODS pls let me know if there are any ppl ion AB who would adopt my girls so they dont have to die in the event i need to rapidly move :(

PS: pics to come soon, im off tmmrw and wanted to post after transplant. Also i order some CKS PK fem so ill have that in my next life lol

also note the fly tape - i have small flys (fruit flys i think) -- help? or just keep adding more tape, i see them hiding around in the soil! Fail I should of done coco or promix straight out the gate! but being a noob i heard soil was more forgiving but seeing how cool coco is ive learned my lesson on soil.

will they go away once i go coco?

is it going to be all f'd up mixing the soil into the coco? should i try and 'gently knock off' as much soil as i can before putting into the 3 gal coco?

Sorry for all the q's im just an ultra noob hahahaha, im also searching and looking for answers to above questions myself so if anyone has some links pls provide!

Ive gotten tons of info from a cpl guys - mainly - Kingjoe83 and Cultivators threads on growing in coco check it out if you have not already, very knowledgeable guys and thx if you see this!

also note the fly tape - i have small flys (fruit flys i think) -- help? or just keep adding more tape, i see them hiding around in the soil! Fail I should of done coco or promix straight out the gate! but being a noob i heard soil was more forgiving but seeing how cool coco is ive learned my lesson on soil.

is it going to be all f'd up mixing the soil into the coco? should i try and 'gently knock off' as much soil as i can before putting into the 3 gal coco?

Sorry for all the q's im just an ultra noob hahahaha, im also searching and looking for answers to above questions myself so if anyone has some links pls provide!

Ive gotten tons of info from a cpl guys - mainly - Kingjoe83 and Cultivators threads on growing in coco check it out if you have not already, very knowledgeable guys and thx if you see this!
Those flies are most likely fungus gnats, a close relative of the fruit fly. When growing in dirt if I start to notice them, I'll add about 3 inches of perlite to the top of the dirt and the flies die off and don't come back in about 4 days.

May 18 pic update:
wanted to do the pics before doing the transplant - they are thirsty and i did water a bit fyi.

may 3rd batch day 15

may_3_-_day_15_1_.jpg

May 18 FD family that remains

3_FD_left_from_8_may_18.jpg

Purple FD female

purple_fd_nmay18.jpg

unknown FD sex

topped_FD_unknonw_sex.jpg

smallest FD female?

FD_unknown_sex.jpg

bb hazeX fam may 18

bb_and_haze_may_18.jpg

New homes coming (3gal)

new_homes_coming.jpg

nutes to be used in the coco/petrile homes

nutes62.jpg
Nice my package of 4 should be arriving tomorrow.

Thanks for the kind words ldredd . . anything just ask bro im here anyone pm for best results. Gald to help anyone .

Ps ive never had flys on my tent or any pest yet. Knock on wood get comformaion first from few others im still waiting but try neem oil mixed with distilled or rain water. Like add wayer then drops then shake. Se colour change for strength. Best i got

Back
Top Bottom