Tryan2grow1 For The First Time

tryan2grow1

Here we go. Climb aboard, grab a seat, buckle up for this bus is off to a new adventure. Delving into dwc with 2 5gal set ups with clay pellets in net pots. Grow tent is 2X3X5. Current lighting is a total of 292 watts including 4 23w, 6500k, 100w equiv cfls, 4 40w, 2700k, 150w equiv cfls and a 2 foot 2 bulb fluorescent currently with 20w 6500k bulbs. The tent is loaded with exhaust fan, air circulating fan, timer, temp and humidity sensor. Using GH nutrients, 3 part. Following recommended ratios but started at 1/4 strength on nutrients. Currently keeping the ph btw 5.5 and 6.5. Temps fluctuate from 70 to 85. RH is a most comfortable 35 to 50 percent. Seedlings put to sprout on....4/20 (purely coincidental) and they were simply bag seed. But good weed nonetheless. Officially placed into dwc on 4/27. So today marks the 3 week point since seeds were put to germinate.

Let us see where this adventure takes us.

Thank you to all in advance for your input.

Photos soon.

IMG_061050.JPG
IMG_060945.JPG

Since the new life was placed into the dwc on 4/27, we shall mark that day as the start of the veg growth stage. So mark the last photos as week 2 of veg growth. As I have compared other journals at week 2, these look a bit behind in growth. But they seem to be healthy and happy at this time. So I shall let them be and do what they do. As I have planned to change each bucket weekly with fresh new ph'd nutrient rich water, today's change included increasing the nutrients to half recommended strength.

sure is nice to see one who appreciates the entire life cycle join up. I think 1/2 the shit we stress about is just shit that happens normally
to any growing organism. keep it up, them little gals sure love you loving them.

Comfy, keep asking those questions please. A pic of the set up soon. My lights are roughly 4 inches away from the plants. Perhaps my germination process could have been handled a bit different. Once my seeds popped they were put into the plug and the plug placed into the dwc. Next time I shall cultivate the new lives until their roots show at the bottom of the plug before placing them into the dwc. So on 4/27 these were placed into the dwc and manualy fed until I saw roots from the net pot. One plant had roots in days, the other took almost the entire past two weeks to show roots. But both plants now show roots going down into the res water and both seem healthy. Just slow. Or the grower has no patience.....lol.....working on that one.

It's that there is an illusion of going to hydroponics allows one to sit and watch the growth. Oh yeah like watching paint dry. Once this delusional illusion wanes I can get back to being patient and enjoy this journey.

Comfy, keep asking those questions please. A pic of the set up soon. My lights are roughly 4 inches away from the plants. Perhaps my germination process could have been handled a bit different. Once my seeds popped they were put into the plug and the plug placed into the dwc. Next time I shall cultivate the new lives until their roots show at the bottom of the plug before placing them into the dwc. So on 4/27 these were placed into the dwc and manualy fed until I saw roots from the net pot. One plant had roots in days, the other took almost the entire past two weeks to show roots. But both plants now show roots going down into the res water and both seem healthy. Just slow. Or the grower has no patience.....lol.....working on that one.

haha the worst part for me with being impatient is during germination then waiting for it to sprout once I plant them. I don't really know the right distance for the lights but 4 inches seems plenty close... your plants look good so I would just keep doing what your doing.

Back
Top Bottom