Dale's Indoor Hempy - 400w COB - 6 Strain Attempt - 2017

Haste Makes Waste

From left to right, front row: Jamaican Dream Fem by Eva, Papaya Fem by Nirvana, Blueberry Fem by Seedsman; back row: Purple Badlands Reg by Greenpoint, Blue Mystic Fem by Nirvana, and a yet to show Cackleberry Reg by Greenpoint.
420-magazine-mobile724944937.jpg

JD, Papaya, and BB are in 1.5ish gallon pots. Purp Bads is in a large coffee can, Blue Mys is in a reg size coffee can, and hiding in the 2 liter is Cackleberry. My hempy medium is a mix of hydroton (had a load) and perlite, except the 2 liter Cackleberry who is only perlite. I have hydroton up to my hempy holes, then perlite until the top layer of hydroton attempting to cover the perlite beneath. Set up in a 2x4x5ft tent, using a Mars 300 and two 15w LEDs to supplement. Using AN ph perfect 3 part liquid nutrients. It is a constant ph/ppm battle with my tap water, which is approx 7.8ph and 700ppm out of the faucet. Recently (and hastily) purchased a table-top 2 part filter that doesn't effect the ph or ppm. Tastes clean, though! Ugh... I've decided to run with what I've got and go from there. JD and I haven't been getting along from the start, and it shows. Her new growth has always looked great, but it always seems to turn as the leaves mature. I'd guess I'm getting nutrient lock, and/or she hates the ph (what girl wouldn't (Papaya!)).

Ooooo...... First in the door. Nice lineup Dale. :high-five: I've grown Jamaican Dream, but had to do a security breach teardown before she was really starting to flower. So sad..... But she became part of an immature oil mix that got used somewhere. Nothing goes to waste if I can help it.

In case you didn't know Grow2HealMe, the current MOTM, is growing to treat her own early onset. She's a vibrant 44 years old and we're gonna do everything possible to make it work. I have great faith in the ability of CBD to quell the inflammation and not only stop the progression but to also clear the plaque in the brain causing the cognitive problems.

So now we have two patients to watch over. Give your mom my love. :hug: :love:

Dale, how much CBD will you be producing in this grow?

Ooooo...... First in the door. Nice lineup Dale. :high-five: I've grown Jamaican Dream, but had to do a security breach teardown before she was really starting to flower. So sad..... But she became part of an immature oil mix that got used somewhere. Nothing goes to waste if I can help it.

In case you didn't know Grow2HealMe, the current MOTM, is growing to treat her own early onset. She's a vibrant 44 years old and we're gonna do everything possible to make it work. I have great faith in the ability of CBD to quell the inflammation and not only stop the progression but to also clear the plaque in the brain causing the cognitive problems.

So now we have two patients to watch over. Give your mom my love. :hug: :love:

Dale, how much CBD will you be producing in this grow?

I was didn't know of Grow2HealMe's plight. I'll be by shortly!

I only have one micro-grow harvest under my belt (Seedsman Blueberry fem). Many a newb mistake with my DWC setup, I'm shy about admitting the problems I created for myself. But, it worked.

My current grow started with just JD and Papaya in DWC totes, but I transplanted them into hempys soon after stumbling upon Tead's journal. As the floor space opened up, I added the Purp Bads and Blue Mys. That didn't seem to fill up the tent enough, so BB was added. Then a 2 liter of root beer was enjoyed and wanted to be re-used, so in comes Cackleberry.

As I didn't plan on growing for mom when I started, I didn't germ any of the CBD heavy strains I have. Blue Mystic will be our trial strain this time, being the closest THC/CBD ratio to what mom ought to utilize (I think, much reading necessary on my part). It has more THC than I would like to try first, but time is of the essence. Have to decide if I want to go photo or auto next run, as I have CBD Indica Mix fems and CBD Med GOM Autos to choose from.

Sue, it really warms my heart to chat with you. Your energy is incredible, and your care for other humans is infectious. Thank you!

My current grow started with just JD and Papaya in DWC totes, but I transplanted them into hempys soon after stumbling upon Tead's journal.

Makin me blush baby! I bet there's an emoticon for that.
So, when you do your first harvest, take some photos of the roots down in the hydroton.... I'm curious.
700ppm out of the tap?!?! Well water?

Will do. I'm curious too, after seeing your root pics. My ratio of hydroton to perlite changed as I added strains, hydroton increasing. I can tell the end of my 8 quart bag of perlite was used for the Blueberry - Just watered today and all of those tiny perlite bits floated to the top. Picked up a 2 cubic feet bag of perlite at a big chain store for $18, figure that'll last me a run or three!

Unreal, right?! It's city water. I'm near a pump station and can smell when they add chemicals, essentially showering in pool water 'round here. I've had friends from out of town think they're going to help themselves to a glass at the sink, only to witness me jump at them with fervor and get them filtered water from the fridge. Shopping whole home RO systems, big investment that gets back burnered quickly.

Some set-up pics. Invested in a 6x18in phresh filter. The thing is a space hogging monster that changed the perfect horseshoe flow I had, now I need to get my cool intake air to the other side of the tent. Easy to procrastinate since I have been running passive intake during veg, that'll change when I flip to 12/12 in a few days. *Exaggerated sigh*
Say hello to the little oscillating fan, hygrometer, and various clutter.
420-magazine-mobile600430931.jpg
420-magazine-mobile638160364.jpg
420-magazine-mobile371006587.jpg

Will do. I'm curious too, after seeing your root pics. My ratio of hydroton to perlite changed as I added strains, hydroton increasing. I can tell the end of my 8 quart bag of perlite was used for the Blueberry - Just watered today and all of those tiny perlite bits floated to the top. Picked up a 2 cubic feet bag of perlite at a big chain store for $18, figure that'll last me a run or three!

Unreal, right?! It's city water. I'm near a pump station and can smell when they add chemicals, essentially showering in pool water 'round here. I've had friends from out of town think they're going to help themselves to a glass at the sink, only to witness me jump at them with fervor and get them filtered water from the fridge. Shopping whole home RO systems, big investment that gets back burnered quickly.

There was a brand of fridge water filters called "Zero Water" (I think). It came with a cheapy PPM meter. Perhaps that brand would perform better... perhaps not.... they sure advertised that it would give you zero ppm water.

Cold air intake. That's what I need to take care of. I have two tents sitting side by side, filtered through the same 6" fan, but one stays a sweet 82 max and the other got up to 90 today. :straightface: WTH??? I think I'll have to start pushing in air from the bottom vent to attempt to help push it out the top. Frustrating. Grrrr.....

I was didn't know of Grow2HealMe's plight. I'll be by shortly!

I only have one micro-grow harvest under my belt (Seedsman Blueberry fem). Many a newb mistake with my DWC setup, I'm shy about admitting the problems I created for myself. But, it worked.

My current grow started with just JD and Papaya in DWC totes, but I transplanted them into hempys soon after stumbling upon Tead's journal. As the floor space opened up, I added the Purp Bads and Blue Mys. That didn't seem to fill up the tent enough, so BB was added. Then a 2 liter of root beer was enjoyed and wanted to be re-used, so in comes Cackleberry.

As I didn't plan on growing for mom when I started, I didn't germ any of the CBD heavy strains I have. Blue Mystic will be our trial strain this time, being the closest THC/CBD ratio to what mom ought to utilize (I think, much reading necessary on my part). It has more THC than I would like to try first, but time is of the essence. Have to decide if I want to go photo or auto next run, as I have CBD Indica Mix fems and CBD Med GOM Autos to choose from.

Sue, it really warms my heart to chat with you. Your energy is incredible, and your care for other humans is infectious. Thank you!

Why thank you Dale. :battingeyelashes: The membership inspires me to keep up my pace...... yeah..... like I could be slowed down. :laughtwo:

I've grown the Med GOM, and I recommend it. That 2:1 ratio was the first time I saw my daughter anxiety-free in her 34 years. It's a tough one to get a big harvest out of, but then a little goes a long way.

With your mother the closer you can get to a balanced ratio to start the easier it'll be to adjust her sweet spot. It only takes a small amount of THC to the mix to make a significant difference. It's consistency of dose that we work for, and that's probably going to be easiest to do with an infused oil and capsules. That way you can start with a diluted mix and then gradually titrate up both major cannabinoids. The standard is rich in CBD and as much THC as the patient can handle comfortably.

When you get to that point we can work together to get it all pinned down. It can be intimidating, all this information. I've been studying this for almost two years now so I can cut the search time down for you. You have enough to deal with without having to mine for all that information. :battingeyelashes:

Oh!!! And what happens to the ppm when you let it set for a few days?

I never check ppm. Is this something I should be checking? It hasn't seemed to matter so far.

There was a brand of fridge water filters called "Zero Water" (I think). It came with a cheapy PPM meter. Perhaps that brand would perform better... perhaps not.... they sure advertised that it would give you zero ppm water.

My brita filter brings my ppms down to 440 or so, but I speculate it takes cal and mag out because of plant signs in my last grow. And what a tedious PITA pouring and waiting, waiting and pouring. This counter-top system by aquasauna claims to leave calcium for taste. I'm starting with this as my base water. The only girl to show major problems was JD, some burnt tips on all and minor leaf spotting on Purp Bads and Blue Mys. JD's new growth has continued to look great, and I'm at full strength with the ph perfect 3part with her and Papaya. Buying into AN's marketed claims until we get burned... Hoping I can nurse younglings along until they're ready for more nutrients.

I'll have to check on water left out for a few days. Chlorine will evaporate, but what will ppms look like? hmmm

I never check ppm. Is this something I should be checking? It hasn't seemed to matter so far.

I got into the habit with DWC. My understanding is ppms tell you how much "stuff" is dissolved in your water/nutrient solution. I'm hoping to get where I don't check!

"Stuff" made me think of the George Carlin bit. I'd embed it here if I had it in me to learn how right now. Pretend I did and click "new tab" on your browser, then googlize "George Carlin Stuff" and enjoy. Oldy but goody. I'm just entertaining myself at this point! "More stuff!"

Back
Top Bottom