Doobdoc's 1st Grow - Organic Soil SCROG Medical Grow LED/T5 Combo Lighting 3.5'x5

Randoobula

I'm a bit late to the party, but thought I'd do my best to recreate my grow for journal. I do often have questions so will be a better way to get answers when needed.

Background... I've been using full extract cannabis oil (FECO) to treat my chronic back pain for about five years, and was able to get off all opioids. Buying bud off the street gets expensive and often rec growers don't even know what strain they have. Even if they do, often I didn't have access to them to know if organic or synthetic nutes were used. I think most rec growers likely use synthetics.

After my stepson was diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma, I decided to start a grow. It's legal in Alaska now, but all dispensaries are geared for recreational and supply side is still weak.

Ive helped treat numerous people with numerous cancers and other ailments with great success. It's truly out of hand as it seems every week I meet or hear of another. I'm now looking to make oil for five people and my grow will need to expand.

So here goes...

Doobdoc's 1st grow. Organic Soil SCROG Medical grow, LED/T5 combo lighting, 3.5' x 5.

I started out with four plants which were given to me by a friend. Three Durban Poison and one Blueberry Kush.

These three are the DP. They were quite unruly so I immediately began training. He told me they were regens( regenerated plants that had one crop already harvested from them and then put back into veg) they had been growing for about 6 weeks when I got them.

420-magazine-mobile150457616.jpg

Re: Doobdoc's 1st grow. Organic Soil SCROG Medical grow, LED/T5 combo lighting, 3.5'

This is the Blueberry Kush(aka Oregon Kush aka Kushberry)

It was a clone given him by someone else. The day I got it I supercropped it. I bent it over and actually split the stalk but I just taped it with gorilla tape and it never missed a beat and just kept growing.
420-magazine-mobile368675208.jpg

Doobdoc's 1st grow. Organic Soil SCROG Medical grow, LED/T5 combo lighting, 3.5' x 5.

The first pic below is one of the Durban Poison plants after a major defoliation. The plant had white powdery mildew that came with the plants. I began removing the effected leaves but it kept showing more so I went crazy and stripped her of all mature fan leaves. I them sprayed all plants with Mildew Cure. Using every two weeks I've been able to control it.

The second plant is one week after that defol.

420-magazine-mobile1833118373.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1606701228.jpg

This last pic is that plant yesterday. Its seemingly the most productive of all the plants.
420-magazine-mobile636363976.jpg

Re: Doobdoc's 1st grow. Organic Soil SCROG Medical grow, LED/T5 combo lighting, 3.5'

I went out of town for two weeks and when I returned they had gotten totally out of hand. I pulled the netting and defoliated big time.

I still haven't replaced the netting and won't unless they get out of hand in the stretch or the branches can't support the kolas. They were in veg for 13 weeks and are so stout I doubt I'll need to support them.

Here are the Durban Poison just the other day... two weeks into flower.
420-magazine-mobile2094129614.jpg
420-magazine-mobile322218805.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1373919881.jpg

I've completely become addicted to growing! I love fondling my babes!! I love training and and messing with them. I'm disappointed when there's nothing to do!

I know there are many an opinion on defoliation but in my limited experience it appears they never miss a beat as long as they are healthy and fast growing at the time.

My plants have rewarded me with explosive growth every time I supercrop, train, and defoliate. My clones are going so well I expect they will outgrow the smaller tent I built before I harvest.

Any comments, suggestions, critiques, are welcome.

Thanks for looking.

Thats some great training.

Thanks Johnny! This didn't turn out to be a traditional scrog, but I guess I prefer training with coated wires, retaining the ability to rotate the plants pull them out for maintenance. When I have more space and more plants I may go to a screen. But without one I've managed to get a table top canopy and that's the goal.

Interesting tidbit...

The Durban Poison that I had heavily defoliated earlier on in veg, came back putting on all relatively smallish leaves. They were very tight and dark green. In the first and last pics above with all of the plants, you can see all three plants are different colors and two of them are Durban clones from same mommy.

Just looking at the two, you'd think them either different strains or different phenotypes. The clones taken from the defoliated one have taken off and very healthy and they have small leaves as well.

A clone I took from the the other Durban... "Slowpoke"... has a whole different structure, leaf size, and color. Before the defoliation of "the Stripper", they were nearly identical.

I can only assume that the huge stress I put her in caused the change in her. After the defol, she did nothing but put on tiny leaves all over the branches for about a week. I had upped her nutes to every watering, and after that initial week she exploded in growth. She actually got a pretty significant defoliation again the week before she went into flower.

"Stripper" put on the first and biggest buds thus far, and after a quick 4-6 inch stretch, has the most per kola. All 26 kolas have 7-13 bud sites making popcorn. And she has more and bigger buds than her sister.

Both the pics below are Durban clones. The first is from "the Stripper". The second is from her sister "Slowpoke".

420-magazine-mobile1238329688.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2013761180.jpg

Chimera's Lullaby x Jack is a high CBD strain cross of CBD Lullaby x Jack Herrer. It is the most symmetrical plant I've seen. I topped it once when it got four nodes, and when the two growth tips got long enough I tied them down. All subsequent tips grew out of each branch at exactly the same point with great spacing. Soon after this they were looking male to me so put them into flower. I was wrong! I love being this kinda wrong!

Wish I had the room in flower tent to train them proper. But just left on their own, they are doing awesome... light getting to all growth tips.

If you're on your first grow as I am, and you aren't testing PPM(parts per million) of solids in your feeding water, I highly recommend buying a meter and doing so.

I assumed it was those with hydroponic grows checking ppm, but when my plants stalled out recently I researched it and it made sense.

I tested the mix I've been feeding them and it was 475ppm. I read that in mid flower I should shoot for around 800 ppm. So I upped my base organic nutes to 850. The buds almost fattened before my eyes. Explosive growth. They were hungry!

I got a few burnt leaf tips but just the very tip and only on a few leaves. I will keep increasing it slowly until about 50% of the leaves get yellow/brown tips and stay there till the last couple feedings before flush, when I'll up it to 1200 or 1400ppm. Don't try anything I don't learn!

I'm very happy so far and appreciate everyone sharing their experiences to help others. I think everyone learns from everyone else here. Very cool!

Back
Top Bottom