SA Coming To The Party - DIY Grow Box & First Grow

JustinHemp420

Welcome all to my very first Journal.
My History with the tree of knowledge has for the last 20 years been that of the customer, time to change that shit around .
The Box is made from plywood measuring 0.75 m x 1.2 x 2.0m.
420-magazine-mobile537195968.jpg

Lined the inside with Sisalation

420-magazine-mobile1663446761.jpg

Made a DIY Veg/ Seedling light & Hood consisting of 3 x 75w 6400k CFL bulbs using the sun visor one puts in your car on a hot day. It's was blue so I used a small piece of the blue which will hopefully assist the veg cycle.

420-magazine-mobile1801688765.jpg

420-magazine-mobile27462516.jpg

420-magazine-mobile262860626.jpg

re: SA Coming To The Party - DIY Grow Box & First Grow

Got myself some Cree 3590 3500k and Meanwell driver, put together a frame from 19mmx3mm Aluminium Angle iron.
420-magazine-mobile1794341402.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1642321281.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1370415808.jpg

Safety First lol So I got myself a 9kg Automatically activated fire extinguisher to place above the box. Don't want this shit going up in flames lol

420-magazine-mobile1788558038.jpg

Just want to thank Pat999 and Sun valley for all their guidance thus far. It difficult to get hold of the correct items in South Africa unless you know the ropes

Thanks Bud,
I will be doing a few beans Gathered of the last few months from some good indoor and outdoor. Incidentally one of those beans are from a Sour Diesel I had about 3 months back. Found one seed in the 3 grams I got so I'm hoping it's a female.
Other than that I would like to get at least one attempt under my belt before hitting the genetics.

420-magazine-mobile486254001.jpg

Small update
Diy Drip Table and tray for easy water removal. The tray will be placed at an incline so that the water runs off to the right bottom corner where it will be caught for the veggie garden.

Lights have found their home and I'm happy with that. Rigged the frame up to some stainless steel chain and stripped some stainless steel hook&eye turnbuckles for the hooks to make adjustments easier. Each link raised is roughly 20mm.

420-magazine-mobile1285616787.jpg

420-magazine-mobile422273005.jpg

so now the wiring awaits.

Update Time:

First and foremost thoughts are with my wife and her family for the loss of her dad and my father in law. Love and Miss you Dad !!
He was diagnosed with Esophageal cancer in March did a Pet scan on the 5th of May only to find out the cancer had spread to the lungs and spine.
We hoped for December but that would have been selfish of us as you would have to endure loads of pain so is some sort of way perhaps this way was best

Sorry for the delay in the Journal you all somethings are far more important.

Back to the good stuff.

So there has been a bit more happening today, got my 150mm (6" Inch) Inline fan in place. Didn't really want it inside so went with this.

420-magazine-mobile1051144854.jpg

Mounted it on top of the box and the filter once made will be on the inside.

Did a test run and this mother sucks the door inwards so I'm going to have to add a lip around the door to stop this and seal the box even tighter.

420-magazine-mobile146209668.jpg

Passive intake with pantyhose thanks to my wife .

This is what it looks like currently inside, the duct has been sealed with silicone to ensure no air leakage.
420-magazine-mobile505992689.jpg

Grabbed 2 x clones, Vanilla and DC OG and those little ones are just some bag seed I practiced with so at this point not sure if I should keep them or pitch them.

Still want to sound proof the fan also as it's still audible from outside the door. I have it set on medium as my box is only 0.75m x 1.2m x 2.0m.

Now the most important thing, just wanna thank Pat999 for all his assistance, In the middle of a house move he has been so kind in helping me out with all sorts of advice. Thanks Pat !!!

Thanks Sun, if she's right and you have someone in Cape Town please send them around for a few clones my friend.

No doubt it was your inspirational words and pictures that set me in this journey. Shows you, we have an abundance of knowledge here in SA !!

Pulling up a seat to a fellow local grower! Really liking the COB set up you got - going to produce some nice dense buds! I may have some Girl Scout Cookie or Lemon Haze clones for you if they end up rooting and all. At the moment im not so confident as its been my first time cloning.

Anyway, looking forward to whatever you properly decide on growing :p

Still want to sound proof the fan also as it's still audible from outside the door. I have it set on medium as my box is only 0.75m x 1.2m x 2.0m.

Now the most important thing, just wanna thank Pat999 for all his assistance, In the middle of a house move he has been so kind in helping me out with all sorts of advice. Thanks Pat !!!
No problem brother. You have been very kind to me and I feel I want to help you in any way possible. We can sort something out for the fan still. Thinking of building a box that we can just place around it?

How are those babies coming along?
He is having problems with the clones. They weren't properly rooted so they all dangly wang like an old bloke's erection problem. We tried potting it up to see what happens, for now we just wait

Just a little update guys, the clones are still hanging in there, in fact the Vanilla is taking off, and the DC is the slow sister.

The Vanilla :
420-magazine-mobile1821772024.jpg

The DC:
420-magazine-mobile1496192513.jpg

Then we having some action on the Critical mass beans and the Sour Diesel

420-magazine-mobile1694355280.jpg

Back
Top Bottom