The DeVille Presents - A Mars-Hydro Powerhouse - The Perpetual Grow

Skullman420

INTRODUCTION

Most of the equipment you see in this journal was given me as a prize from Mars-Hydro for winning the third Mars-Hydro cup in the category "Best grow journal" This applies to:

4 Mars Pro II epistar 80
4 grow bar 24 LED-120
1 grow tent 120x120x200cm
1 pair of LED grow light glasses
1 pair of yoyo hangers

The finished setup will look something like this, only more light!
So as you all can see, this is gonna be a pure Mars-Hydro power-house.
3O6A9351.jpg

I need to empathise that I am under no obligation to advertise for Mars-Hydro, neither am I affiliated with Mars-Hydro or have any responsibilities whatsoever towards the company.

However - My own conscience tells me I should dedicate an own journal to this setup in order to show what the equipment can do. I am a very happy customer of Mars-Hydro, and I don't mind getting them some more customers. Their lamps are great and deserve to sell.

Therefore I start with my two best producing strains - Big-Bud which is a true classic. Great indica dominated couch lock plant that grows like a sativa with enormous buds. Great leaf to calyx ratio and in general a plant you can count on to produce every single time.

The second strain is Pure Power Plant, another high producer. This one have such heavy buds they sometimes need to be tied up so the branches don't snap. It's a fantastic sativa dominant hybrid that gives you a clear high that puts a gentle pressure on your head. It allows you to stay focused, creative and awake - until you smoke just a little too much of it. Then the indica kicks in and it becomes a wonderful couch lock strain.

Two strains - High producers - Different qualities and yet - so many similarities. The perfect strains to test what this powehouse can do. The tent with all the lights are gonna pull around 1000 watts from the wall. With scrog and two high producing strains, we should be able to demonstrate the full power of this setup the coming 3 months.

Take your seat and follow if you feel up to it. The first rounds of this journal will be pretty classic stuff, then I'll begin the experiment period which could be slightly more interesting for all of us. Think this journal is going to be a perpetual grow. It will most likely never be moved to completed journals.

As in my main-room, I will grow in soil & 15L Autopot. I will have a total of 4 plants in the tent.

This journal is a little ahead of it's time as I need to clean room for the equipment, and I am still waiting for some of it to arrive in the post - Until then - Feel free to have a look at my other journals. You could learn something - or you could learn me something. (Follow links in my signature)

DeVille

Welcome Sara :) It's kinda suitable that you're the first guest in this 100% Mars-Hydro grow. It's nice to have you here! I believe this journal will become a fun adventure. We will do many things here. This journal will most likely never end. It will continue for many grows. We will do experiments, we will breed new strains and make seeds. We are going to try out everything :)

:cheer:I'm the first,i'm the first.front seat taken.:volcano-smiley:

Today I put up the tent in the garage. It's quite big and takes a lot of space in there. Will have to find a different place for the car to put it that way :) I have future plans to move all the growing into the same shed as I have the "Main-room" but that will require some work. So that's for the future. In the meantime the car has to stay outside.

Then I took a look in my Homebox tent. I see I have quite a selection of healthy mothers and their clones. I noticed that the two Big-Bud & Pure Power Plant mothers took more than half of the space in that tent now and that made me think I could perhaps flower those two in the Mars-Hydro tent. They have lived close to 150 days and I don't know - Their clones will grow and become new mothers, and this way I'll save a heck of time. I mean - I can fill the Mars-Hydro tent in a few weeks with only two plants. I already have the autopots ready for them. All that is missing now is lights and I guess I'll have to invest in a new extraction fan plus carbon filter. But I'm pretty much set and ready to go. This means there will be no more training of those mothers. I'll just let them grow and fill the entire tent while I wait for the lights to arrive.

DeVille

Good morning fellow growers and smokers alike

Today was a rough morning for me. I'm all very scientific minded and all that, but I can swear that my body is turning into a weather forecast center. It started hurting like hell yesterday night before bed and today when I woke up I can hardly get out of bed. Walking down the stairs took me forever and then the shittiest part (pun intended) - almost not being able to wipe your ass after the morning shit because your body is too stiff.

3 bongs later however and I start thinking about moving the lawn - Then I look out and as forecasted by my chronic pains - It's raining. So no mowing the lawn today. Hate doing that when it's wet. Instead I'll make sure to keep myself medicated with my homegrown medicine and maybe binge-watch a stupid television show.

So as a former scientist I guess I should look into this how the fuck can a body forecast the weather thingy, but nah - I guess that one you'll just have to grow old to believe in :)

Welcome Mr Farmer :)

Same to you and your grows. May the force be with us :D

hmmmm. Something tells me this is the moment I should put away the bong

Hey DeVille! New grower here and hopping along for the ride! I'm using two Mars Hydro reflector 144's currently. Best of luck and nice to meet you!!!

Nah - fuck that shit. I'm the devil you know and the devil wears Prada and smokes pot

So to get this project started I do need to invest in a little more gear.

- I am thinking about buying another prima-klima 400m3, 125mm, temperature controlled extraction fan. I use one of those on the Homebox tent and it should be powerful enough also for the Mars-Hydro tent.

- I need 2x 125mm Can-lite carbon filters. One for each tent.

- I need some meters of ducting. The plan is to connect the extraction fan in the homebox directly to the air-intake of the Mars-Hydro tent. Thinking energy efficiency here so the heat doesn't go to waste. The Homebox is always on 24/0 and generates heat 24 hours a day. The Mars-Hydro tent will have 12 hours with light off during bloom and will need that extra temperature then. This will save massive amounts of energy otherwise used to heat the garage.

- I need 2x Sj-Monkey 17cm, 20w oscillating fans. That should give plenty of air circulation in there

That's basically it. Think I may need a few connections for the autopot system. The system is built for 16mm while the extra tank is made for 6mm. So I need to convert it all to 6mm - Or buy a new tank. Think buying 6mm lines and some x connections will be cheaper

- Think that's all. But it's gonna set me back quite a bit money wise. But it's gonna be worth it in the end :)

INTRODUCTION

Most of the equipment you see in this journal was given me as a prize from Mars-Hydro for winning the third Mars-Hydro cup in the category "Best grow journal" This applies to:

4 Mars Pro II epistar 80
4 grow bar 24 LED-120
1 grow tent 120x120x200cm
1 pair of LED grow light glasses
1 pair of yoyo hangers

The finished setup will look something like this, only more light!
So as you all can see, this is gonna be a pure Mars-Hydro power-house.
3O6A9351.jpg

I need to empathise that I am under no obligation to advertise for Mars-Hydro, neither am I affiliated with Mars-Hydro or have any responsibilities whatsoever towards the company.

However - My own conscience tells me I should dedicate an own journal to this setup in order to show what the equipment can do. I am a very happy customer of Mars-Hydro, and I don't mind getting them some more customers. Their lamps are great and deserve to sell.

Therefore I start with my two best producing strains - Big-Bud which is a true classic. Great indica dominated couch lock plant that grows like a sativa with enormous buds. Great leaf to calyx ratio and in general a plant you can count on to produce every single time.

The second strain is Pure Power Plant, another high producer. This one have such heavy buds they sometimes need to be tied up so the branches don't snap. It's a fantastic sativa dominant hybrid that gives you a clear high that puts a gentle pressure on your head. It allows you to stay focused, creative and awake - until you smoke just a little too much of it. Then the indica kicks in and it becomes a wonderful couch lock strain.

Two strains - High producers - Different qualities and yet - so many similarities. The perfect strains to test what this powehouse can do. The tent with all the lights are gonna pull around 1000 watts from the wall. With scrog and two high producing strains, we should be able to demonstrate the full power of this setup the coming 3 months.

Take your seat and follow if you feel up to it. The first rounds of this journal will be pretty classic stuff, then I'll begin the experiment period which could be slightly more interesting for all of us. Think this journal is going to be a perpetual grow. It will most likely never be moved to completed journals.

As in my main-room, I will grow in soil & 15L Autopot. I will have a total of 4 plants in the tent.

This journal is a little ahead of it's time as I need to clean room for the equipment, and I am still waiting for some of it to arrive in the post - Until then - Feel free to have a look at my other journals. You could learn something - or you could learn me something. (Follow links in my signature)

DeVille
Looks like it's gonna be a fun journal, subbed and interested A LOT, BC I am a Mars hydro customer, I have 2 192 reflector series 2, and 1 300w series 1, I am grabbing a EPISTAR tonight bc I am selling my series 1 to a friend, I need a bigger light that produces more PAR and the EPISTAR looks like a winner

I'm very pleased with my Epistar lamps. They are really some powerful beasts. And I noticed when I went over from HPS to LED (I went straight for their first Epistar 160 model when they released it) and the difference I saw on my plants were increadible. I could see them thrive for the first time ever and ever since I had nothing but beautiful grows.

Looks like it's gonna be a fun journal, subbed and interested A LOT, BC I am a Mars hydro customer, I have 2 192 reflector series 2, and 1 300w series 1, I am grabbing a EPISTAR tonight bc I am selling my series 1 to a friend, I need a bigger light that produces more PAR and the EPISTAR looks like a winner

I'm very pleased with my Epistar lamps. They are really some powerful beasts. And I noticed when I went over from HPS to LED (I went straight for their first Epistar 160 model when they released it) and the difference I saw on my plants were increadible. I could see them thrive for the first time ever and ever since I had nothing but beautiful grows.
I have 2 Mars 192 and a 399 series 1 but my LEC 315W is by far my favorite light for seed to harvest

Wow. I have a feeling you'll notice a considerable difference between the pro II series and the old UFO :) The plants just love that Mars-light

Sup DeVille. I'll take a seat in this one as well. I just recently picked up an epistar 80 myself to replace a failed UFO led.

Back
Top Bottom