First Grow - Soil - LED - Grand Daddy Purple GDP & Cheesedawg

OregonFarmer

Hello!

I am fortunate to live in a location where cannabis is legalized for recreational and medicinal purposes. This will be my first attempt at growing as well as constructing a journal- I only have experience with helping friends and observing their grows; therefore I am a beginner. Looking forward to sharing information and growing together! Here is an overview of my intentions, set up, strains, and current cycle. Please give any feedback and ask any questions that come to mind. For my first grow I will be using soil, however, I see myself switching to coco thereafter. What are your thoughts on coco? Do you have a favorite medium mix including coco? Thank you and enjoy!

Intentions:
To grow the highest quality of cannabis within my abilities.

Indoor Set Up:
4' x 4' Mylar grow tent
Two (2) Mars Hydro reflector 144 LED 325 watt lights
ProBreeze Dehumidifier
6" Carbon Filter and inline fan
Holmes 8" Blizzard oscillating fan
Four (4) saucers and 5 gallon pots
Medium: Roots Organics Formula 707 Soil
Roots Organics nutrients including:
- Buddha Grow, Buddha Bloom, Trinity, Surge, Ancient Amber, Extreme Serene, HP2, HPK, Oregonism XL, Uprising Grow, Uprising Bloom, Uprising Foundation and Elemental.
Other misc tools (ask for specific tool preferences if needed)
Other misc general growing controls (again, ask for specific control preferences if needed) :reading420magazine:

4x46.JPG

Strains in the form of feminized seeds:
Grand Daddy Purple (GDP) by Blimburn Seeds
CheeseDawg by Big Buddha Seeds

Germination (4 out of 4 success!!):
STEP BY STEP: I placed in separate 1.5 ounce shot glasses two feminized GDP and two feminized CheeseDawg seeds in room temperature water and stored in a dark place for 24 hours. The next day; all four seeds had cracked open. I poured the water into two separate paper towels until fully saturated. I then placed the seeds on the paper towels, folded them together, and placed in a ziploc bag - stored for an additional 24 hours in a warm dark location. All four taproots developed.

GDP #1 - Best taproot
CheeseDawg #1 - Best taproot

Seedlings:
STEP BY STEP: I placed each seedling in a small pot with Roots Organics Formula 707 soil. Watered the seeds with water ph'd at 6.5. I covered the seeds with a plastic lid and placed under lights at 80 degrees F and 50% RH. 24 hours later- all four seeds broke soil. All four plants were in the seedling stage for about two weeks.

Veg:
Transplanted seedlings to 5 gallon pots. All four plants are looking healthy and absorbing their nutrients with pleasure. The CheeseDawg's are distinctly smaller than the GDP's. As for the seedlings with the best taproots; GDP# 2 is currently the better looking plant and CheeseDawg #2 is also the better looking plant.

Day 25 in soil; Day 2 of Veg:
:morenutes:

GDP_B_W_1.png
CheeseDawg_B_W_1.png

re: First Grow - Soil - LED - Grand Daddy Purple GDP & Cheesedawg

Very nice setup very similar to mine but twice the space thats awesome! Subbed in for this for sure. Very well put together my journal is a bit mixed up im already in flower trying to piece together the past pics, will for sure keep up from now on. Very nice work so far! Excited to see this setup in action, your ladies will love the reflectors soon as I added my second light they exploded the tent lol :goodjob:

Currently flowering in my first grow, already got a 2nd in the works. I'll pull up a seat for this one!
I'm running a Mars II 400w in a 2x4 enclosure. Interested to see GDP and the light in action! Good vibes to you OFarmer .

Currently flowering in my first grow, already got a 2nd in the works. I'll pull up a seat for this one!
I'm running a Mars II 400w in a 2x4 enclosure. Interested to see GDP and the light in action! Good vibes to you OFarmer .

Nice Archi!! Looking good- I checked out your journal! :nicethread: I'll definitely follow ya along to see the end results! Man, Super Lemon Haze sure is tasty- as is Super Silver Haze and Amnesia Haze - a few favorites. The GDP is looking better than the Cheesedawg! I topped the plants and one of the GDP responded nicely to it- hopefully they will respond to the LST with ease.
:volcano-smiley::welcome:

Nice Archi!! Looking good- I checked out your journal! :nicethread: I'll definitely follow ya along to see the end results! Man, Super Lemon Haze sure is tasty- as is Super Silver Haze and Amnesia Haze - a few favorites. The GDP is looking better than the Cheesedawg! I topped the plants and one of the GDP responded nicely to it- hopefully they will respond to the LST with ease.
:volcano-smiley::welcome:

Right on brother, if I can help I'm here for you.

Veg Continued:
All four plants are looking good and on their way! The CheeseDawg's are distinctly smaller than the GDP's. GDP# 2 is still the better looking plant and CheeseDawg #1 is now the better looking plant.
GDP #2 topped nicely and is stretching out well. :yummy:

I fed them today and it was much needed- I should have fed them a day or two ago but I was feeling super sick and decided to neglect my girls to take care of myself. Selfish, I know, but I was fighting some nasty bug. One of the roots on one the GDP's started to pop up out of the soil in search for water :hmmmm: I covered it with more soil - I'm concerned she is shocked.

...:bongrip:

They got a nice gulp of 720 PPM 6.5PHd water full of Roots Organics nutrients so I'm hoping they will be happy tomorrow.

Day 6 in Veg: :morenutes:

Veg_6_8_17.png

GDP #2
Veg_GDP_6_8_7.png

CheeseDawg #1

Veg_CD_6_8_17.png

Update:
SOOOOO I got excited and did some heavy defoliating and low stress training on two of the plants. One GDP and Cheesedawg have been selected for the LST. I'm nervous being that I have never done this before- does it look like I'm doing it correctly?

I'm also in the process of building a Scrog set up that I will be adding to the tent - looking forward to that! Any suggestions on the optimal spacing between the squares on the Scrog? I'm thinking 2.5" - 3"

Temp: 75 F
R/H: 48%
Veg: Day 8

GDP:
VEG_GDP_LST_6_10_17.png

VEG_GDP_LST_INDV_6_10_17.png

CheeseDawg:
Veg_CD_LST_6_10_17.png

VEG_CD_LST_INDV_6_10_17.png

First Grow - Soil - LED - Grand Daddy Purple GDP & Cheesedawg

Aww man looking really nice with the LST! What are the stakes?

Careful with the defol at such a young age. Remember those leaves are solar panels for the plant. Let's see how she bounces back, gonna be exciting.

Re: First Grow - Soil - LED - Grand Daddy Purple GDP & Cheesedawg

Aww man looking really nice with the LST! What are the stakes? Careful with the defol at such a young age. Remember those leaves are solar panels for the plant. Let's see how she bounces back, gonna be exciting.

The stakes are some general gardening stakes similar to these ones found on Amazon. I certainly will be careful and will update with some photos of how they bounce back!!

1666461262754.png

Your girls are looking great. I feel ya on being nervous about LST. When I set it up yesterday I was terrified. Are you in the North or South of the state (sorry to be nosy lol. )

Thank you! I'm in the Northern part - where all the madness is!! I have dreams of moving south and setting up a nice farm. How about you?

Back
Top Bottom