Hybrid, 70% Sativa
Seed
Indoor
Soil
Fox Farms Ocean Forest
3 Gallon Fabric pot or earth box
300 Watt LED affordable galaxyhydro...probably lower than stated... :S
2x2x4 Tent in closet

So Hopefully this will be a success. My other tent is doing ok. Much bigger 4x4x6 and it has 6 clones in it.

Please if you have any suggestions or pointers for such a small environment let me know :)!

Still setting up and will make it look much nicer. I will be pulling air from outside through a filter. Then exhausting up and into attic. I already tried to run it with just a scrubber exhausting out and the temp gets too high. I need to pull in cool air. Going to cut a hole in the wall to outside with a vent then add a hole in the ceiling. Maybe I will try exhausting up into the attic first :). I will be putting the plant in either a 3 gallon fabric pot or a normal sized earthbox and nutrients from earthbox??? Just figured it would be simple since I have a spare one and those keep a reservoir of water underneath for added convenience.

Waiting for that seed to pop! More to come so stay tuned!!!

Again I am more than willing to listen to any helping hands. :Namaste:

Sugar_Mama.jpg
Small_tent.jpg

:420:

TY! It was a quick mock up :). The closet ambient temp is 74.5 F. The temps in the tent went up to 86 on the test run before I pulled the plug. I thought it was weird too, just reading other LED set ups I had seen here in the forums I thought I would be fine. So as silly as it sounds I am trying to keep it a true closet grow, stealthy :). I do not need to, but it is just kind of nostalgic.

But just for experimentations sake I will be opening one of the vents and then the other vent. If that still doesn't cool it down...I will try it with the door open...annnnnd if that doesn't work I will open a window lol. If need be I am going to go with the initial exhaust from ceiling and pull air from outside. Again, for the nostalgia of a secret plant lol

Lemme know what you think! And thanks again for your input!

ok...so I ran another little test run real quick;
2 vents opened and door open results ended up at 84 and 40 Rh, if I opened the window it would be very chilly compared to normal so not testing that out right now.

Update :)

Day 2 seed has not popped.

Grow tent is set and I have decided to just use the earthbox for convenience. I will use Fox Farms Ocean Forest and not add nutrients until later. Most of what I read says 3rd week. The tent stays at about 77 F and 44 RH. I ended up only needing to exhaust into the attic. I am able to keep the door of the closet shut! Did not have to bring air in from outside.

Hoping this seed pops soon so I can show some photos of progress. So tempted to just do a bubble pot. I am going on vaca soon so this time around is going to be for convenience. Maybe later I can spring for DWC, Hydro or aero.

Update on lighting for 3 more plants.

So originally I was only going to do one plant but some seeds arrived muahahahahaaha. Really wanted to get some Northern Lights and Maui Waui started, but I need more lighting. SO

I invested in one more 600 Watt LED adding it to the 300 Watt LED. Hopefully this is enough light for 4 plants. I will most likely be removing the 1 Mau Waui plant later in the grow and leaving the Auto Sugar Mama and the 2 x Northern Lights.

Day 5 seed still hasn't popped...give it a few more. If this doesn't work I will put some seeds in jiffy pods and in a sprouter container. It has been a little cold lately. I am sure they just need a few more days. :high-five:

All right so day 6 Northern lights popped and Maui Waui the day following. The first Sugar Mama Auto didn't pop so I put it in some soil outside...maybe it'll grow. But the 2 Sugar Mama Auto seeds I put in a paper towel have began to show root! I would say most seeds are expected to pop on 2nd or 3rd day. So Sugar Mama will be added to her new home soon.

Sprout_Close.jpg

Sprout34.jpg

Lighting2.jpg

Have 3 trial clones off of some other clones in the same tent just to keep a nice high humidity and less intense light. 2 of the clones just failed completely but when I threw them in a jar of water they kind of came back. This is my first try ever for clones so I do not have any idea if any of them will make it.

Clones177.jpg

So excited to have these strains up and out. Anyone else grow these strains with any advice? Or anyone in general please feel free to inquire or comment :) Much love

Day 7

I moved the clones so that I could add more light.

NL1 & 2 are popped. NL2 had part of the seed pod holding the leaves together so I removed it with my fingers. She opened up and is happier.

Maui Waui is chillin and staying short...

1 of the 2 Sugar Mama Autos did pop within the 2nd day and was showing a long stem root, about an inch. Put her in a dixie cup and barely covered her with soil. I also turned on the veg light of the 600 as soon as the clones were out. And dropped the lights to about 15 inches above the plants. I want to wait to turn on the extra flower part of the 600 until the seedlings are a little older. I do turn it on about 3 - 4 hours out of the day until the heat goes up, trying to keep them under 78 F for now.

I will search the forums regarding 24 light or 20/4 or 18/6 so many different views. If anyone has some experience with these strains for temp, lights, humidity let me know I am all ears! :high-five::Namaste:

without further a ado, here are some pictures.

NL215.jpg

NL117.jpg

Maui_Waui2.jpg

Not much to look at but I am excited! NL1 is already showing 3rd pair of leaves. I have never had plants grow so compact, happy with the genetics of these seeds so far.
:thanks:

06/14/17 day 9! They are doing fine. Check it out

NL1 and Maui Waui in the backgrnd the ladies be getting biggugh mon
zee_update_NL1_up_close.jpg

also all the chicas going, I guess from what I read you should put an auto plant directly into its biggest pot so the solo cup will be going into a 3 gallon fabric pot pronto :) BTW the solo cup is the Sugar Mama Auto
:high-five:
zee_update.jpg

Hey Luck
Was browsing and searching for some Sugar Mama threads and came across yours. I received 5 Sugar Mama autos along with 5 Diesel autos from Gorilla on Monday and yes was very impressed with their customer service as well. I placed my order on 6/11 and received my Scary Movie Pt 4 DVD with said contents inside on 6/20. Pretty solid across the pond I'd say! Anyway good luck to ya I'll keep an eye out. I'm running 3 Cali OG/Haze photos right now that are on Day 39 Flower and it's my first Grow. So far so good but will probably take 70-80 days to finish due to the Sativa influence. Looks like if I don't screw it up here in the homestretch I should have a decent haul but I'm anxious to give the Autos a run. Good luck and keep em green!

Thanks David!

Welcome to the show and climb aboard!
I sadly had 2 seeds go right down the drain when someone was cleaning up around house. They were soaking in a coffee mug ugh lol. But I did get this one to pop. I have no real idea of what I am doing since I am new but man these ladies grew over the past week! I will take a look at your journals and good luck with yo ladies. thanks again for the kind words.

Day 19. Haven't posted for awhile. A week ago there wasn't any new growth but 7 days later and walla. CHECK IT OUT!

I am super stoked to see these ladies flourish. When I am around I will turn on both led lights. It has been hot lately so I have to keep a keen eye on the temps. Point a fan into the room and leave the tent open a bit. Just water but we are coming close to adding nutes!

Will be using General Organics Go Box. Going to start 1/4 strength and feed/water when I transplant them all into bigger pots. I have read autos do no like transplanting and that was the one I did in a solo cup lmao. Whoops. All of them will be going into 3 gallon fabric prune pots. They are smaller so will have to water more but will save on room. I prefer to use 5 gallon pots.

Without further ado here is an updated picture Woooooo Weeeee!

Day_19_.jpg

20170624_125603.jpg

20170624_125630.jpg

20170624_125706.jpg

20170624_125656.jpg

20170624_125652.jpg

:Namaste::welcome::420:

OK...DAY 27!

So these plants are growing soooo FAST!

The Northern Lights #1 is droopy and I have no idea why. All the plants have been fed just water until the 28th which was 4 days after day 19, the pics from the last post :). They are obviously loving the nutes. on the 28th they were fed 1/4 strength General Organics Go Box Nutes feeding with the week 3 instructions on the side of box. Then today 3 days later they had drank it up and were ready for another feeding so this time I went up to 1/2 strength and will go up to full strength on the next feeding. They grew so much I had to bring the lights up and some of the new growth had burnt tips, I will research tonight to make sure it isn't nute burn but at 1/4 strength nute burn shouldn't be possible. Any advice greatly appreciated but these plants are blowing my MiNd! The side growth is spectacular. I am new but I have never grown with such genetics. This is too cool. It is a little overwhelming since I want to train NL2 but she is doing so much better than the NL1 that I am just going to grow these without any trimming or training for now. Next time I will grow all the same strain so I can experiment and learn. But these are super cool plants so far.

Oh yeah I also put them all in 3 gallon air pots right before the last water. These will be their permanent homes.

Check it out!!!

1st day they were transplanted to new homes on the 28th or Day 24
20170628_123254.jpg

Today Day 27 in the tent
20170701_171412.jpg

Crazy side growth
20170701_194754.jpg

From top left going clockwise - Maui Waui, Northern Lights 1 (first sprout), Sugar Mama Auto, Northern Lights 2 (second sprout)
20170701_194806.jpg

Droopy NL#1??? Help :)
20170701_194745.jpg

Temps remain around 80 F. Humidity around 40. Any other info that anyone might be pondering let me know I am happy to answer!

I am lost as to why NL1 is droopy and the rest picked up and are happy. Sugar Mama Auto was the droopiest but after nute feeding she picked right back up. And the Maui Waui is loving the environment the most or at least flourishing...would the shape of the leaves for the maui waui indicate a magnesium deficiency? I only ask because of the term "praying for magnesium". I think its time for names...hmmmm

Hawaii Maui Waui (feminized) from NIRVANA is deemed Kisses
Victory Seeds Northern Lights (I am thinking were supposed to be feminized eek) is deemed UrMagisty NL1 and NL2 will be Bernadett aka B
Sugar Mama Auto will be deemed Bubbles

NL1 aka UrMagisty is no longer droopy! Just needed feeds! Kind of spooked about the tips being burnt though. Time for some research...Ughhhhh I hate being a noob/new grower.

OK so burn tips is typically nute burn...the general organics go box should have buffers to prevent this. Durn...so I hope the 1/2 strength nutes do not burn them even more and am hoping that the transplant is the real issue. :( I should know better but there is nothing more I can do but hope they are ok. Either way, next feed is just water.

Day 38

These ladies have burnt tips. Maybe from too strong of nutes too soon??? Shouldn't have happened. Anyways I went on another vacation and they were ok until the person in charge of watering them passed it on to another person...not cool. So they were very droopy with some yellow leaves. I trimmed off all the dead growth and gave them a good feeding. They perked right up.

I also decided to FIM NL2/Bernadette...B :)

Check out the updates

Fimmed B
FIM_717.jpg

The beginnings of Sugar Mama Auto flowers (2pics)
sugar_mama_flower_717.jpg

Sugar_Mama_717.jpg

Top view of the ladies
overview_LED_717.jpg

And the stalky from below
stalky_717.jpg

Quick note. So the tent for the auto plants is perfect since they flower so quickly and stay so small but I am already running out of room for the feminized plants. I could flower them at the same time but if you have the space I highly recommend a taller tent. I am going to have to upsize since the other grow tent had some issues and is just now flowering.

another note. Decided to flip to 12/12 being that there is no room...ugh...the other clones in the big tent had a lot of trouble and I am fearing about the outcome. Should have bought a taller tent so this wouldn't be an issue, the extra money is nothing now that I can't transfer them. Bummer but hopefully I can mount the LEDs to the very top and finish the ladies ASAP. I am afraid of bleaching the leaves.

Starting with clones is so weird and these babies are so robust. The original plan was to be harvesting the big tent a couple weeks ago and then these were more than ready to be carried into the big tent. O well live and learn let us see what I can make of them.
:Namaste::cheer::circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom