Archiweedies 2nd Grow - Hydro Bubbleponics - Northern Lights Auto - 400w Mars II LED

What's up guys I'm ready for my next run this time in hydro. This'll be a top fed dwc in my 2x4x4 grow box in my unfinished garage.
420-magazine-mobile651817690.jpg

We're gonna see some high temps in here in the summer so this show is not without its dangers! I'll also be growing in tap water unless things get too out of hand. I'm gonna be using Advanced Nutrients GMB ph perfect for my base nutes with Hydroguard, Z7, superthrive, and great white mycorrhizae.
420-magazine-mobile342935181.jpg

Seeds are from Robert Bergmans site, too lazy to find out the breeder.
420-magazine-mobile28673539.jpg

Germination is done with seed soaking for 12 hours or so followed the paper towel method in my humidity some with a seedling heat mat below it.
420-magazine-mobile354514982.jpg

Upon visible signs of a taproot, I'm dropping them into rockwool cubes and covering with a little piece of rockwool from the bottom of the block. Then we place back under the dome with one vent open.
420-magazine-mobile806507697.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1955261438.jpg
420-magazine-mobile299049973.jpg

Now we wait for the seed to break the surface and add light. I decided to start some Super Lemon Haze seeds from my current grow to try the system out before committing my new seeds to dear haha.
420-magazine-mobile830487011.jpg

Day 1 was Thursday June 8th. They had a fresh res change and a couple of them got placed in a home. Here we go guys!!

Archiweedies 2nd grow- Hydro - Bubbleponics - Northern Lights Auto - 400w Mars II LED

Day 3

Because my space is limited, I only plan to grow two of these seedlings in my box. Right now they are just sitting in the middle of my garage begging under a t5. The two larger plants must be removed so here we go.

I'm in a legalized state and can't stand killing one of these plants on purpose so, in soil they go!
420-magazine-mobile699636504.jpg

I won't update the progress on these in this journal unless it is relevant or extraordinary at this point. The significance is that these teo plants were in my reservoir for less than 10 days ..

We started five Northern Lights seeds one never broke ground. The first to break ground award goes to this overachiever!
420-magazine-mobile968944451.jpg

Next was a little runt.
420-magazine-mobile1354022033.jpg

This was is progressing somewhere between the first two
420-magazine-mobile196946423.jpg

This last one may not make it.
420-magazine-mobile2020495896.jpg

The plan is to take the best two and send the rest to soil in a 3 gallon pot with those other two SLH and spend the rest of their time outdoors. If people are interested I can document their lives in a more summarized version.

Really looking forward to sharing this journey with some old friends from my current grow and making some new friends along the way! If your itching for more, I have a current grow with Super Lemon Haze and Blueberry finishing and will hopefully be done before these guys are ready to go in.

Archiweedies First Grow - Soil - LED - Super Lemon Haze - 2017
Good vibes and green leaves!

Re: Archiweedies 2nd grow- Hydro - Bubbleponics - Northern Lights Auto - 400w Mars II

Nice welcome, my enjoy some snack won't you? ..

Re: Archiweedies 2nd grow- Hydro - Bubbleponics - Northern Lights Auto - 400w Mars II

So excited to get going on this grow, so much more confident (not too confident though haha) I'm looking forward to testing my knowledge out on these plants .!

Nice looking start to a journal.

Thanks you sir, I hope this one will be full of good times, good vibes , and sticky buds!

Well, we lost that fourth seedling but it's ok .. I played around with different height settings on the t5 as it's my first time relying on this fixture to veg a cannabis plant. I think I've got it somewhat dialed in.

I know right off the bat that I'm gonna like growing in hydro. I like coco but watering once a day by hand is hard enough but multiple feedings by hand can be a real challenge. I have dreamt of automating a coco setup but that seems kinda pointless for just two plants in my humble opinion.

Hope everyone's weekend is going great and I hope your plants are well!

Re: Archiweedies 2nd Grow- Hydro - Bubbleponics - Northern Lights Auto - 400w Mars II

Day 4

I made some upgrades to my veg box hehe.
420-magazine-mobile1254998336.jpg

I lost a seedling yesterday and it looks like we got 3/5 above ground and sorta thriving. I say that cause I've had to prop them up/put a collar on one to keep them vertical. Maybe I got this light all wrong. It's about 10" above them and it's a two foot t5ho four lamps.

Only used it for non 420 seedlings really and that was sitting on top of a propagation dome. Might have done those Blueberry seeds from crop king in that thing I can't remember. Anyways.

I'm waiting till they hit the stream of nutrient water sitting right below the gro blocks wedged between the gro stones ooooh! Muhahaha! Hydro brings out my mad scientist side haha. If they like this setup as my super lemon test run did, they'll be growing a node a day here pretty soon.

Green leaves and good vibes!

Re: Archiweedies 2nd Grow- Hydro - Bubbleponics - Northern Lights Auto - 400w Mars II

I'll add these up too as I want too document them as often as possible this grow. I don't have names for them yet.

420-magazine-mobile1671248293.jpg
420-magazine-mobile524064295.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2141358624.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1192441281.jpg
420-magazine-mobile362255399.jpg
420-magazine-mobile789811673.jpg

Okay - I am already having fun watching your ingenious set up. I too incorporate a lot of cardboard into my setups - try adding space blankets for cheap/easy reflection.

I'll pull up a chair!

Oh that's good . suppose dollar store got em'?
And welcome make yourself at home

Day 6
Fresh res change.
AN GMB 1ml/l ~25ml each
Supertrhive ~10drops
Hydroguard 2ml/gal ~14ml
Z7 1/2ml/gal - 3.5ml each
Great White 1 scoop

The roots have found there way to the water now. The res was mixed last week for 2ml/l of GMB and I felt that was a little high so I dropped it to 1ml/l. Other than that, I expect to start seeing some fish one looking roots real soon.

I'm noticing some leaf twisting but I'm not surprised. It happened to my other grow. I believe it is something in my tap water. Starting EC is 0.3. I will monitor the situation and if it worsens I will switch to RO water immediately. I just don't want to lug all that water all over town lol

420-magazine-mobile1846984127.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1353339641.jpg

Re: Archiweedies 2nd Grow - Hydro Bubbleponics - Northern Lights Auto - 400w Mars II

My leaves get a little twisty too and i agree its the tap water and i think its the chloramine in it.. its different from chlorine and you cant evaporate it like you can chlorine. Not sure of any other info about it besides that i think its the cause of the twisty leaves.

Re: Archiweedies 2nd Grow - Hydro Bubbleponics - Northern Lights Auto - 400w Mars II

My leaves get a little twisty too and i agree its the tap water and i think its the chloramine in it.. its different from chlorine and you cant evaporate it like you can chlorine. Not sure of any other info about it besides that i think its the cause of the twisty leaves.

You gonna keep using tap? I might just keep on keeping with it

Looking good so far :thumb:

Thanks Nizzly, I'm headed towards your thread shortly to see what's going on brother.

Day 8
Explosive growth above and below reservoir.
420-magazine-mobile1450192935.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1501167180.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1866933828.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1463938434.jpg
420-magazine-mobile620419335.jpg

Temps hit 89 in there today. I gotta face facts. This is gonna be tough in the heat of the summer in an unfinished garage. It's supposed to be 103 this weekend. I either have to get a chiller like yesterday or rescue two of these gals from the hot tub and put em out back for some old fashioned sun ☀️. In the interest of experience, I'd like to grow a single plant this next run.

Help me choose which.

Day 10 - The day I thin the ranks. I want to move two of these into containers and put them outside. The pics already show signs of heat stress. Temps got up to 95 here and in my flower box. Temps got up to 86. Not bad considering it's just a box with some insulation and constant airflow. I'll take a minus 9-10 degree temp difference. The problem is the flowers in the box begin week 7 tomorrow of what will undoubtedly go a full ten weeks I'm certain especially as one plant is a haze strain. They do seem to flower faster as the humidity is lower now.

I digress. The SLH seedlings I started as a test in this reservoir are doing fantastic out back. Two SLH and two northern lights, should be a nice little garden .. I want to focus on one plant as it will be easier to devote all my effort into nurturing it the best of my ability. My options are:

420-magazine-mobile2077919544.jpg
420-magazine-mobile643859880.jpg
420-magazine-mobile757229225.jpg

Anyone have any insight on how to choose? What a problem to have haha!

Green Leaves and Good Vibes!

Back
Top Bottom