The WeedBonsai - First Time LST

This is my first full grow using LST. Her name is Jane and she is a mother of 8. I'll be moving her under the LED's on Sunday. Until then she is under my T12's. I transplanted her yesterday.

420-magazine-mobile826249086.jpg

I woke up today so I'm off to a good start! I went in to check on Jane, she's looking healthy overall but... I noticed some brown spots on a few of her leaves and some pretty serious discoloration.

VE8B0503.jpg

I think the brown spots may be stress from transplant, damaged roots, new environment, fresh soil (could be hot). Before I transplanted I soaked the soil good, then I put her in as gently as I could I watered really well and let the run off sit in the container. When I came back about 2 hours later most of the run off had soaked back up into the dirt. So this could be overwatering, stress, and/ or some light nute burn, it's not rust fun-guy cause it didn't wipe off.

I also checked the soil, it feels pretty dry, which is surprising since I watered it heavily 3 days ago when I transplanted. I'm gonna give her at least another 8-10 hours and then maybe water again.

IMG_049248.jpg

VE8B0500.jpg

I think the discoloration from dark green to neon is light burn, so I modified my hangers and raised it up about another 6-8 inches. The lights are now at 28-30 inches above the canopy. My light cycle is 24/7, but I'm wondering if lessening the lighting to a 20-4 schedule will help with the light burn.

IMG_049542.jpg
IMG_049748.jpg

What do you think?

yes you need to switch to some sleep in your veg. because a lot of growth happens in sleep stage. just a lil info. might wanna research more.I do 18/6
:thumb:
I also veg for 6 weeks when I lst or train my plants..check it,its worth it
IMG_20170513_083443_085.jpg

and to this many tops, I coulda gone more..
IMG_20170609_222959.jpg

cheers!
:high-five:

Thanks for the advice! I gave 1.3 gallons of full feed yesterday and doubled down on the CalMag. I also switched the timer from 24 to 20-4. 18 hours later and what a difference. I was tucking and adjusting for 10 minutes this morning. I want to be more natural for this grow and just her grow with minimal defol. Just put the scissors down...

damn i had no idea you started up a second journal, im subbed now man and your girls looking great. i also feel the need to compliment you on your many successful clones! not an easy thing to do. happy growing!

Greetings and salutations! Nice to have you here Leo!

I adjusted the lights and watered, gave more calmag. Shes starting to fill in the blanks. Im resisting defol and just letting nature take its course. I think it will be time for an under canopy clean up soon though. Pinching off those tops that are taking away from the mains. Im enjoying watching this girl take shape and grow.

420-magazine-mobile136637935.jpg

I adjusted the lights and watered, gave more calmag. Shes starting to fill in the blanks. Im resisting defol and just letting nature take its course. I think it will be time for an under canopy clean up soon though. Pinching off those tops that are taking away from the mains. Im enjoying watching this girl take shape and grow.

420-magazine-mobile136637935.jpg
She's looking nice, i want to try a one plant scrog one day.✌

This is my first full grow using LST. Her name is Jane and she is a mother of 8. I'll be moving her under the LED's on Sunday. Until then she is under my T12's. I transplanted her yesterday.

420-magazine-mobile826249086.jpg

She's looking great! Is this your first time with 818? My buddy is growing some for his first ever... I'm subbed in and gonna follow along!

She's looking great! Is this your first time with 818? My buddy is growing some for his first ever... I'm subbed in and gonna follow along!

Nah, i pushed a couple plants too soon. Stoney as fuck, its a great strain. Im doing all Sour Og clones. This will be my first full grow with LST and Scrog.

Back
Top Bottom