My First Indoor Grow Please Follow Along

Ron Wann

Good Day and Welcome to my Grow Journal. This is my first indoor Grow and I really would appreciate people who could follow along with me and help out with suggestions and encouragement.
I have germinated two GHS Northern Lights Autoflowers. Upon germination I planted in a soil based mix, I honestly don't know the composition exactly of the soil but I purchased it as a bulk sack from the person who sold me the lights. He assured me it is a "Semi-Lite" mix that would be very good for the Auto Flowers. Only one of the germinated seeds has come out of ground and has been out for 4-5 days. The other has failed to come out of ground and admittedly I probably should have left it in paper towel germinating a bit longer until it developed a bit more of a "tail" as it had just come out of seed and may have been 2-4mm.
I am using a 90w real wattage LED with 3watt Bridgelux diodes rated for 113lumens/watt and also a 6500 CFL 23 watt real draw. The LED is not on full power currently as The maker instructed to use it on only the "VEG" switch until 10th day. So both plants are under this LED and the sprouted plant is also about 2 inches distanced from CFL light. I began the led at 45cm and after first full 36 hours have lowered to 30 cm. I have decide to begin turning the full power of LED on for 90 minutes last night before dark period and then for beginning of light period another hour. My plan being to slowly acclimate plant(s) to higher lighting output to reach the full 24hours starting on the 10th day. I am using a 21/3 lighting schedule. Plants are kept between 68-80F (20-27.5c) and 45%-55% humidity
They are planted in 11 liter pots and on day 3 I administered a rooting liquid that i bought from a local agriculture store. it has been over 36 hours and I haven't seen any ill effects so thats good as I was a bit worried if this was the right product but it was the only product i could get ahold of as I live in a small coastal town in southern South America.

I am Trying to Post Pics but honestly im not sure how to. I just took some pics directly with my Mac via Photo Booth but have not yet figured out how to post the photo.
Admittedly i'm not so computer literate especially for being born in the 80s

Nutrients that i have are BioBizz brand Bio-Gro, Bio-Flower and Top Max. The rooting liquid i bought is a local agriculture brand and like i said previously was administered per bottle instructions about 36 hours ago (3rd Day since planted seed grew out of the soil)

Photo_on_6-16-17_at_1_05_PM.jpg
Photo_on_6-16-17_at_1_03_PM_2.jpg
Photo_on_6-16-17_at_1_03_PM.jpg
5_Days_Auto_Flower.jpg
Nutrients that i have are BioBizz brand Bio-Gro, Bio-Flower and Top Max. The rooting liquid i bought is a local agriculture brand and like i said previously was administered per bottle instructions about 36 hours ago (3rd Day since planted seed grew out of the soil)

Thank you for the assistance in posting photos. I apologise for the bad angles as I am home alone with my 1 year old daughter and cannot remove plants from cabinet as this time. As previously stated i have not given any notes except for the root liquid i added on Day 3. I do not plan on adding any nutrients until day 12-14 and start at 20% concentration.

So yesterday around 1:45pm the electricity went out in the whole town where i live, some 15,000 people were without electricity for around 6.5hrs. this obviously affected my light schedule and ability to maintain proper temperature in grow area.
So here is exactly how things went; 1. The lights went off around 2pm so that means they had in 16hours of light (since 10pm the previous night) as opposed to their scheduled 21 hours. 2. Since i now had no heat from lamps and electric heater and didn't feel like going outside to my shed to get a gas heater and calling for propane delivery i moved plants upstairs near my wood burning stove. i don't know what the temperature was specifically but it was definitely warmer than 65 degrees and falling that it was downstairs. Auto flowers were in not optimal darkness conditions but i assume this would not affect them too much, also half of this time was scheduled time in light anyways. 3. being near the stove it appears plant was a little to warm and the stem has bent/curved away from middle line and away from where the wood burning stove was. outside of that i haven't seen any other ill effects and now it is under light from the 90watt LED and CFL 23watt. i have lights on full power and 22.5 cm from top of plant. The recommendations by manufacturer were to only have partial power on for first 10 days and distance range of 25-30cm. however since it is weekend and i am home pretty much all day i am able to check on plants hourly with the hopes of being able to lessen light or move farther away at first signs of stress from lighting it it indeed occurs. hopefully it won't and i will just have advantage of getting more light.
2nd seed that germinated and was planted still has not popped up out of soil, tomorrow it will be a week. if it doesn't pop tomorrow morning i will take out the 3rd seed from the GHS Northern Lights Auto pack and begin germination. Other option is a single DinaFem Moby Dick auto or a Natural Seeds Amnesia Sour auto, but I am inclined to use the NL for its supposed low odor, ease of growth and the fact that package is open and technically exposed to air now.
Plant has 2nd pair of leaves showing now, they are quite small but on the week mark from planting, tomorrow, they should be opened and developed. From my view plant is looking very healthy. I will post pics tomorrow. Still have no internet at my house because of storms affecting the area so I have walked with my computer to my workplace to take advantage of their internet

So this is my update for day 6. Please any suggestions, comments, questions or encouragement will be well appreciated.

Photo_on_6-18-17_at_10_53_PM.jpg
Photo_on_6-18-17_at_10_51_PM_2.jpg
Photo_on_6-18-17_at_10_52_PM.jpg

My GHS NL Auto at 1wk. How is it looking. The 2 larger leaves seem "Saggy" What do you guys think? Is this normal. Plant was watered 3 days ago and no plans to water for another5 days about

Grow Update: So I have begun to germinate the 3rd seed that came in the GHS NL Auto pack. The 2nd seed which was planted at same time as the plant you see in posts still has not come out of soil...

So since the last update we again had a power outage. The storms and wind have been unfortunate and we have another storm with high wind treating for this evening into tomorrow. So need less to say the light schedules have been irregular sometimes. The plant is on day 12 from sprouting and appears to be doing well. I watered on day 10 and added 1 ml of Bio-Bizz Grow to 1.5 liter of water + an organic root stimulator. Also the seed i germinated has sprouted 3 days ago and is forming its first pair of real leaves. Last night for about 20 hours in total i put LED further away and lowered power and put forth more red spectrum lights to help encourage some upward growth. I felt the plant was kind of short and following that night I had a growth of 2 cm during the night. I am now at 4 3/4 inches high and 6 inches wide.

Photo_on_6-24-17_at_12_40_PM.jpg
Photo_on_6-24-17_at_12_41_PM.jpg
Photo_on_6-24-17_at_12_41_PM_2.jpg
Photo_on_6-24-17_at_12_35_PM.jpg

Back
Top Bottom