First Grow - Unknown Strain

Greenfing

Hi,

Ive been growing my unknown strain on a 18/6 light cycle for 8 weeks now.

Light for Vegetative: 250W+125W CFL + 580W LED bar (Chinese but it seems to be working ok)
Light for Bloom; GIB 600 W PURE BLOOM XTREAM OUTPUT W/LUMATEK ballast
Tent; 120x120x220cm (4x4x7)
Temp during light: 24-26C
Temp during dark: 18-20C
Humidity: 45-70% (Hard to get it down)
Final Container: RootPouch 56liter with about 45liter of soil
Watering: trying to get about 20% runoff, water every 3-5day, the 56L rootpouch get about 15Liter water every feeding.
Fertilizer: Gold Label Soil A & B + Gold Label Roots 0,5ML/Liter (7,5ML/15Liter each every 3-5 days)
Two weeks into bloom im planning to start adding Gold Label Ultra MG

Week 5 i managed to give it nitrogen toxicity, it stopped growing and the tips was curling downwards (due to repotting into a soil with fertilizer + gold label), I flushed it, repotted and about a week later it started growing again:)

I started out without a plan just topping everything for fun, but when it became too bushy I started LST, pruning and bending the top branches down in an effort to make the bottom branches stretch up for a flat canopy.

Now Im thinking I could try to do a small scrog, what do you think? Should I give it one more week in vegetative or is it ready for bloom? Should I prune the top of it? I have no idea what im doing, please help me! :D

IMG_20170708_170427.jpg
IMG_20170708_170418.jpg
IMG_20170708_170411.jpg
IMG_20170708_170407.jpg
IMG_20170708_170401.jpg
IMG_20170708_170351.jpg
IMG_20170708_170346.jpg
IMG_20170708_170341.jpg
IMG_20170708_010524.jpg

Hi,

Ive been growing my unknown strain on a 18/6 light cycle for 8 weeks now.

Light for Vegetative: 250W+125W CFL + 580W LED bar (Chinese but it seems to be working ok)
Light for Bloom; GIB 600 W PURE BLOOM XTREAM OUTPUT W/LUMATEK ballast
Tent; 120x120x220cm (4x4x7)
Temp during light: 24-26C
Temp during dark: 18-20C
Humidity: 45-70% (Hard to get it down)
Watering: trying to get about 20% runoff, water every 3-5day, the 56L rootpouch get about 15Liter water every feeding.
Fertilizer: Gold Label Soil A & B + Gold Label Roots 0,5ML/Liter (7,5ML/15Liter each every 3-5 days)
Two weeks into bloom im planning to start adding Gold Label Ultra MG

Week 5 i managed to give it nitrogen toxicity, it stopped growing and the tips was curling downwards (due to repotting into a soil with fertilizer + gold label), I flushed it, repotted and about a week later it started growing again:)

I started out without a plan just topping everything for fun, but when it became too bushy I started LST, pruning and bending the top branches down in an effort to make the bottom branches stretch up for a flat canopy.

Now Im thinking I could try to do a small scrog, what do you think? Should I give it one more week in vegetative or is it ready for bloom? Should I prune the top of it? I have no idea what im doing, please help me! :D
You can veg it longer if you want a larger yield, but 8 weeks is a good veg. And remember, the plant can as much as double in size.

Just broke one of the tops off during LST, should I leave it or should i cut of the other top as well?
LEAVE IT! DO NOT CUT THE OTHER TOP! There's no need to cut it off.

anyone wanna give me some advice when it comes to fertilizer dosage?

Two weeks into bloom im planning to start adding Gold Label Ultra MG 0.25ml/Liter

Im taking it slow with the fertilizer, should i start upping the dosage as I get closer to bloom? the bottles say 0.5-3ml/litre for the A+B and 0.25-1ml/litre for the Ultra MG

I just finished the 36hours darkness part and switched it to 12/12, starting out with the 600W 1meter above, then gradually lowering it to about 45cm above. Ive removed the glass from the air cooled reflector, and my fan isnt connected to it but it looks like I got the temps under control anyway:)

Later today ill tie the branches to the side to even out the canopy a bit.

I also set up an inexpensive Belkin IP Cam in the growroom, makes it super simple to monitor everything:)
24208.jpg

First "scrog" about 70x70cm, does it look ok?
Too bad I broke that top stem earlier, now I got a hole in my scrog:(

I lowered the 600w to 80cm above the canopy, will lower it a nother 10cm tomorrow and 10 more the next.
The heat pump (AC with heat) is set keep the room at 20°C, the temperature inside the growtent stabalized at 27-28°C at the canopy, Ill adjust the heat pump down 1°C tomorrow and see if I get it to stabilize at 26-27°C.

Scrog215.jpg
SCROG311.jpg
SCROG118.jpg

Im running my air cooled reflector open without the glass and without a extraction fan and I allready see Im getting heat problems with the lamp 70cm above the canopy. its 12°C outside and ive set the heat pump to 18°C (automatic heater/ac) to keep the night temp from dropping too low.

The reflector is 150mm and my fan and filter is 125mm, what do you think about the setup sketch below using a reducer, then the fan to push into the filter? Will I risk heatspots with that setup? im running a Ventilution 125mm, 220/280 m³/t (running on max all day and night)

Extraction.PNG

I was worried about getting less pressure/suction/slower moving air at the reflector due to the bigger size air duct, looks like my fear might have been correct, same temperature outside and AC set to the same the tent runs 1°C higher with the setup like in my sketch in the post above:(

I need a new 150mm fan.

Do this look like a females pistil? :D

What about handeling my budsites over the next couple of weeks? I want to move them out a bit as they continue stretching, can that damage anything?

Yes that is a pistil. Congratulations! It's a girl!

Don't mess too much with the actual buds. Not gonna damage them, but the less they are handled the better the trichomes. Train her using parts of the stems and fan leaves to make her grow how you want.

Here is my nutrient schedule that I follow, waited until w1 of flower before i started mg;
Gold_Label_Feed.jpg

A picture of my girl sleeping;
sleeping.PNG

Shes started to fill out my 4x4 tent;
Scrog65.jpg
Scrog_side1.jpg

I purchased a dehumidifier rated at 400W 20l/day that I placed in the room outside my growtent, set at 45%.
avfukte.jpg

And I Installed a 200W frost guard heater in the top of my tent, set to 22degrees to avoid the temp dropping under 20degrees at the canopy during night.
frostvakt.jpg

Here is my nutrient schedule that I follow, waited until w1 of flower before i started mg;
Gold_Label_Feed.jpg

A picture of my girl sleeping;
sleeping.PNG

Shes started to fill out my 4x4 tent;
Scrog65.jpg
Scrog_side1.jpg

I purchased a dehumidifier rated at 400W 20l/day that I placed in the room outside my growtent, set at 45%.
avfukte.jpg

And I Installed a 200W frost guard heater in the top of my tent, set to 22degrees to avoid the temp dropping under 20degrees at the canopy during night.
frostvakt.jpg

Looking at the picture how did you mount it in your tent? I would like to get one for my tent...it has dropped to 67 f in my tent . I switched my light schedule to keep form hurting my plants.

im now in my first day of week 3 in flower, 1st week I moved the tallest budsites out in the scrog net hoping that the mid ones would get more light and catch up in height, the outer budsites have however continued growing tall while the mid ones are staying low, they are now about 10-20cm taller than the mid ones, should I try to move some of the bigger sites back into the sweetspot directly under the light?

IMG_20170731_231815.jpg

You can see there not that much going on in the sentre:(
IMG_20170731_231742.jpg

Back
Top Bottom