One Man & His Bush

:welcome:

Welcome everyone - another journal, and another go at pulling a kilo from a single plant under the 600 watt HPS.:high-five:

May as well cut to the chase :thumb:

The so-called filler run is currently flowering under the HPS, they have been on 12/12 for around 14 days now.

In the flowering tent we have -

5x critical hog from TH Seeds
1x black gold (reveg)

IMG_4009_1_.JPG
IMG_4012_1_1.JPG
IMG_4013_1_.JPG
IMG_4011_1_.JPG
IMG_4010_1_.JPG

And the veg tent (Mars Hydro LED on the veg setting only - pulls roughly 230 watts)

The big girl is a clone from the last big plant, Northern Lights x Big Bud, she is about 8 weeks old from clone so far with another seven weeks of vegetative growth to go. There is also a little critical hog in the corner which will make up the genetics for the autumn run :cheer:

IMG_4014_1_1.JPG
IMG_4017_1_1.JPG
IMG_4016_1_.JPG
IMG_4015_1_.JPG

re: One Man & His Bush

:welcome:

Welcome everyone - another journal, and another go at pulling a kilo from a single plant under the 600 watt HPS.:high-five:

May as well cut to the chase :thumb:

The so-called filler run is currently flowering under the HPS, they have been on 12/12 for around 14 days now.

In the flowering tent we have -

5x critical hog from TH Seeds
1x black gold (reveg)

IMG_4009_1_.JPG
IMG_4012_1_1.JPG
IMG_4013_1_.JPG
IMG_4011_1_.JPG
IMG_4010_1_.JPG

And the veg tent (Mars Hydro LED on the veg setting only - pulls roughly 230 watts)

The big girl is a clone from the last big plant, Northern Lights x Big Bud, she is about 8 weeks old from clone so far with another seven weeks of vegetative growth to go. There is also a little critical hog in the corner which will make up the genetics for the autumn run :cheer:

IMG_4014_1_1.JPG
IMG_4017_1_1.JPG
IMG_4016_1_.JPG
IMG_4015_1_.JPG
1000 dried grams from a 600 watt bulb on one plant? Is totally possible given you train it and Veg the he'll out of it. Should be easy if that's exactly what your going for.good luck ..will watch.

GFP

1000 dried grams from a 600 watt bulb on one plant? Is totally possible given you train it and Veg the he'll out of it. Should be easy if that's exactly what your going for.good luck ..will watch.

GFP

Yup, one kilo dry from one plant under 600 watts of HPS in a 4ft x 4ft tent. Thanks bud! I agree it's totally possible, but wouldn't go as far as to say it's easy lol. I've come close over the last year or so, but still not broke the magic number :)

Alas, maybe this time around :cheer:

Do you augment with any additional light spectrum that might be lacking in the HPS? I was watching a video by Harley Smith where he talks about some of the spectrum issues lacking in traditional HPS. Just curious.

Yup, one kilo dry from one plant under 600 watts of HPS in a 4ft x 4ft tent. Thanks bud! I agree it's totally possible, but wouldn't go as far as to say it's easy lol. I've come close over the last year or so, but still not broke the magic number :)

Alas, maybe this time around :cheer:
If I was gonna try it would be with big bud or a cross...I have had northern lights since 96 so I know it can be done with just that...given a 4x4 space I DUNNO ...might get jungle fuct in there. Good luck.
GFP

Do you augment with any additional light spectrum that might be lacking in the HPS? I was watching a video by Harley Smith where he talks about some of the spectrum issues lacking in traditional HPS. Just curious.

Unfortunately nope, there is only really enough space in the tent to hang the aircooled HPS. The last couple of grows I've been running a dual spectrum bulb, trying to push a little more blue light into the spectrum. It does seem to have helped somewhat, healthier plant more than anything.

To be honest, if electricity wasn't so expensive here (22p or 26 cents per kilowatt hour) I would run a 1000 watt HPS in the space, but the cost of running it and keeping it cool doesn't seem as worth while lol

Unfortunately nope, there is only really enough space in the tent to hang the aircooled HPS. The last couple of grows I've been running a dual spectrum bulb, trying to push a little more blue light into the spectrum. It does seem to have helped somewhat, healthier plant more than anything.

To be honest, if electricity wasn't so expensive here (22p or 26 cents per kilowatt hour) I would run a 1000 watt HPS in the space, but the cost of running it and keeping it cool doesn't seem as worth while lol

Ok, yeah that was essentially what Harley was saying in regards to the Blue spectrum in veg. I can definitely understand the electricity issue. Landlord just hit us with a heafty increase in next years lease. I am running 3 LEDs and a small T5.....LEDs run about 230-280 drawn from the wall and the T5 is another 96.....so I am looking at about 850 in lighting.

If I was gonna try it would be with big bud or a cross...I have had northern lights since 96 so I know it can be done with just that...given a 4x4 space I DUNNO ...might get jungle fuct in there. Good luck.
GFP

They really are good yielding plants the northern lights strains. One of my go to strains for a simple grow. That's my main issue, limited to a total of 16 square feet of canopy space makes it a little more complicated lol.

This is the plant the clone came from ;) she was roughly 100g off the target

IMG_380316.JPG

What size pot are you doing the big girl in Mono?

I'm going for a 30 litre fabric pot of coco this time around. Going to mess with quicker wet and dry cycles this time around. And dare I say it... I'm going to monitor my pH and ppm this time around :slide:

They really are good yielding plants the northern lights strains. One of my go to strains for a simple grow. That's my main issue, limited to a total of 16 square feet of canopy space makes it a little more complicated lol.

This is the plant the clone came from ;) she was roughly 100g off the target

IMG_380316.JPG

I'm going for a 30 litre fabric pot of coco this time around. Going to mess with quicker wet and dry cycles this time around. And dare I say it... I'm going to monitor my pH and ppm this time around :slide:

Nice....that should help a bit! I am going to move up to the 10 gallon fabric pots on my next grow. I really feel that growing in organic soil, with no added nutes through the grow cycle, that I need to get a bigger pot to get a better result.

Back for another watch again. As you get closer and closer it gets brtter and better. I wont be going as big as you but my next few will be bigger plants and less of them. See what i can get.

Back
Top Bottom