Orange's Back-Yard H&G CKS PK & OG Cali In Soil

orangepony79

420 Member
Hey Guys, welcome to the grow. I am a little late in getting started on the journal, but im hoping i can get some help too and its better late than never. So he were are. Orange works for here, but pleased to meet everyone. Ive been reading posts and am familiar with some of you already.

From my introduction title you can tell a little about my grow and before i get into details about the grow, i would like to just talk about growing as a rookie.

I have just a few crops worth of experience and its been in a struggle in all aspects. Good information is hard to sift through on forum pages, and webpages, each one contradicting the other, making it difficult to find reliable information. Im scientific minded and thought the hell with it, ill figure it out on my own and im currently doing just that.

Rather than a long story in why i use what use, keep in mind i am a rookie, ill just post a quick info bar next to the headings i feel appropriate.

I started with crop king seeds, i used them for my first two grows and they worked. That's all i know. I did terrible on those grows learning about nutrient burn, ph imbalance, lock out, root rot, resivior temperatures, etc. Ive done the reading, and made adjustments to the indoor room, but that journal wont be until a later date. Im simply not ready to start indoors. Ok, here we go!

CROPKING SEEDS:

Strain 1

Purple Kush
Flowering time: 8-10 weeks
Indica/saliva hybrid: 75% Indica
Effect: Pure indica high
THC: as high as 24%
420-magazine-mobile1308011361.jpg

Strain 2

Cali OG Kush X Haze
Flowering time: 9-10 weeks
Indica/satire hybrid: 70% Sativa
Effect: Sativa high
THC: Sorry guys correct me if i am wrong, but low 20's.
420-magazine-mobile1413323025.jpg

I used crop king because i can buy them locally hassle free. It convenient and i like the little pins! :). Popped all ten seeds, kept the two best in yard, and sent the rest to the farm. They aren't being tended at all. What ever will be will be. So the best two of each strain here in the yard.

H&G nutrient line.

Gro-trek Cal Max 2-0-0 1/3-1/2 strength
Aqua Flakes A&B
Drip clean
Multi ZEN
Bud XL
Top Booster
Amino treatment
And i have some left over top shooter from a while back that i will add at half strength in august. I use H&G because i was upsold 5 litres of A&B its honestly its what i have handy. Better than a three bottle and not as much work as a 13 bottle line like AN. Jesus the guy at my new store tried to pitch me on it, but shit i use 7 bottles instead of three or 13. That's my reasoning and i likely wont change until i first hand see better results or get my nutes for free. I really want to see what H@G can do, and when i run the 9 pot alien system, i will run the entire line with out added nitrogen, or the magic green spray. I dunno, i don't like to spray my plants with solutions, just PH water usually, and only in veg.

ENVIRONMENT

I live in wine country ontario, and get a good day of sun, with mostly moderate to high temperatures. The days have begun to get shorter and the asymmetrical growth is showing as indicative of a seed beginning VS a clone. The white pistils are beginning to form in the centres of the bud sites. Which week of flower am I on? Did i start flower when the asymmetrical growth happened, or now that im seeing pistils? Mostly sunny days, sheltered from rain during rainy days, i dont want to mess with over watering and staggering ph, so i give them the same water prepared the way i mixed my hydro grows.

The were started in a tent under a 600 MH and hardened off. I struggled with soil and well get to that next. PK is now 4 feet tall, and Cali OG is about 3/12. I think i stunted my veg stage as i was struggling with PH. Not knowing much about soil and amending, i read bad info and struggled to get my root zone PH in check being as low as 3.5!!! I did a soil check today, measuring with a digital pen meant for hydro. Tap water 7.8, soil slurry, 6.6. Run off said 6.5 sunday. I corrected to 6.3 today by adding ph water. Im on my alternate feeding week, so just water.

SOIL;
Promix organic vegetable mix
Fafard 3 in 1 (local nursery)
Dolomitic lime pellets
Sphagnum peat moss. ( very low PH be careful )
20% pearlite
A few shovels of washed sand for drainage

Messed up large amending my soil. I have that all in check and have the peat and lime balanced in the medium almost perfectly. I should be able to hold at 6.3 by my next feeding this upcoming sunday. I am finally confident that my root zone will remain the correct PH for the rest of the grow with out much effort on my part.

Ive had a few dead leaves and tried to FIM all these plants but it didnt work. I ended up just damaging the fan leaves that ended up growing at that node. I suspect i didnt remove enough.

Here's some pics. Enjoy. PLease comment, feel free to help, i am a rookie and seriously need to know how to return my investment on the indoor equipment i have ready for my next grow.

420-magazine-mobile961380954.jpg

420-magazine-mobile832983559.jpg

420-magazine-mobile744892014.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1442407995.jpg

420-magazine-mobile916883419.jpg

These ones are the purple Kush ABOVE

Cali OG below.
420-magazine-mobile1244428400.jpg

420-magazine-mobile533387545.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2047098319.jpg

420-magazine-mobile757213343.jpg

Here they are side by side
420-magazine-mobile429958710.jpg

420-magazine-mobile266259699.jpg

Please feel free to comment, help out or offer advice. This is only my 3rd grow and i could use all the help i can get.

Best regards
Roger

re: Orange's Back-Yard H&G CKS PK & OG Cali In Soil

Shit i just realized im on the wrong page. Moderators please relocate. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom