Urban Achievers Inner City Seeds of Promise

Tony Urban

Welcome everyone, the day has finally come for me to walk the walk, and get this show on the road. This will be my first grow but after months of preparation, and absorbing 420 forum threads, I feel well equipped to kick some ass. I can already credit more than a dozen folks on 420 for teaching me so much about this hobby without even planting a seed.

I dropped 4 seeds into shot glasses to soak overnight.

Strain: 2 x Green Crack by Humbolt Seed Organization, 1 x Blue Dream by Humboldt Seed Organization, and 1 x White Widow by Canuk.
IMG_0006374.JPG

Medium: Living Organic Soil - Sphagnum Moss, Perlite, Earth Worm Castings, Alfalfa Meal, Crab Shell Meal, Rock Dust Mix (glacial rock dust, volcanic basalt dust, local clay powdered, oyster shell powder, azomite), Diotomecious Earth, Neem Meal, Kelp Meal, biochar. Its been well mixed and has had plenty of time to get good and happy. I have around 200 litres of it too...wont be running out anytime soon...

IMG_0002395.JPG

Pots: I have some 1 gallon and 5 gallon fabric pots. I am going to try dropping my seeds directly into the 1 gallons.

IMG_0004399.JPG

Lights: After researching to the point of confusion I ended up getting a 2ft x 4 bulb T5 for vegetation and seedlings, and a 400w COB for flowering, the COB is made up of 20w Bridgelux's. 20 of em lol.

IMG_0003403.JPG

Room: I ended up purchasing a 2ft x 2ft x 4ft tent for seedlings and early vegetation. I will be ordering a 3ft x 3ft x 6.5ft tent for flower. These will be in my basement, should be ok, been monitoring my environment for a week and its been stable.

IMG_0005385.JPG

Fan/filter: lmfao I have a 6" inline fan with a massive carbon filter...overkill for what I am doing but...the wife wants ZERO smell.

Nutrients: I dont buy what they are selling. I plan on getting the most out of my plants by feeding my soil. I plan on using compost teas, a product called Boogie Brew, I also have a bunch of other goodies to brew teas: Alfalfa Meal, Humic Acid, Earth worm castings, bat guano, and horsetail ferns.

Pests: The wife has a hydro garden upstairs and she doesnt seem to care much that she has aphids. I dont plan on assisting her zoo. I have neem oil and have integrated pest management in my soil. I shall be using preventative foliars to limit pests.

Thats the offical start of what I hope to be a successful grow.

Just noticed the link in your signature. I'm in!

Great! Glad to have you. The more the merrier, this should be a fun one, I wont be "raining down some knowledge" like some folks but I hope to make it fun and a little entertaining. I hope to make this very "Dude" like, the lazy mans grow show where we just let things happen au naturale.

I recommend sparking a J and sipping on a white russian. :thumb:

420-magazine-mobile1475026060.jpg

My green Crack from same seed company...I'm in Cambridge Ontario ...she's an amazing plant so far very thick and took great to topping..growing mine outdoors

Dude, that's my kinda fun! Count us in! Jay is sparked, but I'll be drinking regular brew .
woohoo, welcome G, glad you could make it!

I clicked the link in your sig and it was dead. i got here through the in progress forum. but im here to stay:thumb:
welcome Jim! I will take a look and check it out, might have been a one off issue. Nevertheless, glad you could make it :)

Subbed up! Page 1! Woohoo
Another fine 420 addition, thanks for popping in!

420-magazine-mobile1475026060.jpg

My green Crack from same seed company...I'm in Cambridge Ontario ...she's an amazing plant so far very thick and took great to topping..growing mine outdoors

Damn thats a fine looking plant! I picked up the GC after seeing so many positive reviews. Thanks for sharing and I hope she finishes strong for you.

Subbed and rubbed, 20 cobs? A slight overkill I'd say bru :rofl: love the collection of beans. Keeping an eye on the BD

I am a fan of overkill lol, I opened the box to the light and filter and had an "oh shit" moment, thanks for popping in and subscribing. It will be a bit of a slow start but should still have some entertainment value. Cheers :passitleft:

Subbed up for the ride!
thanks Redloh! Happy to have you on board, while its been fun watching you and everyone else grow...its time to shake'n'bake lol

Oohhh we'll make it entertaining alright. Pretty sure the others will say the same :passitleft: are those Osram cobs and what specs are on them? I am looking into switching to cobs my next grow too so always reading and researching

Well I wanted the dwarf star but unfortunately they were sold out. I snapped and went to a Canadian grow light site and ordered up that light. It pulls 200w at the wall. Copied the details off the site:

Actual Power 200 Watts
Input Voltage AC85~265V LED Quantity 20pcs 20W COB
Output Voltage DC32~45V LED Type Bridgelux
Lifespan 80,000 Hours Ratio Full Spectrum/UV/IR
Working Environment
-20~65℃,
45%~95%RH
PPFD
1309umol/1feet
893umol/3feet
Net Weight 8.4kg Lighting Area 4x4 Feet
Warranty 2 Years Replaces 400 Watt HPS / MH
Lumens Per Watt 160lm G.W. 10.5kg
Flux Lumens 32000lm IP Rating IP66
LED Driver Meanwell Driver

Yep, for the price and free shipping, I figured why not. Thats where I bought most of my stuff actually, including the veg/seedling lights

They have definitely upped there game since the last time i was on there site. Must be getting ready for next year

Back
Top Bottom