New Room - New Medium - New Strains - 425 At It Again

425jesse

Hello everybody! Welcome to my next adventure. I'm changing most everything from what I did on my last 2 grows. They were both great grows, and I got a good amount of quality ganja, however, I spent entirely too much time tinkering with, changing, and monitoring my space and grow. That's gonna change this time.

New Room - ok, technically it's the same room I had before, but before I had a 4x4 tent, and a 3.5x3.5 tent side by side in the end of an area...this time I am framing and building out the space to max out work area, this area is 7'x5'

Old Square footage - 28.25
New Square footage - 35

Not a lot of difference, but I have decided to quit doing perpetual (no longer need two rooms) as summer is to hot and busy to grow and have no worries. What's that mean??? Enough room to do two 4 month cycles a year, and hopefully enough to get 400-450 grams each time. That's enough for smoke and food and a few donations too:).

I've tried soil, and it worked really well, and besides a small run in with springtails, it was fine.

Last couple runs were in coco, and that too was easy to maintain and water.

This time I'm going for buckets. Hydrofarm buckets, clay pebbles, lots of air and water. Initially I am running the buckets separate until I get the organization of the new space figured out. Then I will establish a reservoir and runoff system. One thing at a time:) Watering with a constant drip ring, Rock wool starts for the strains I'm starting from Seed (strawberry cough, sour diesel, black Hyena) and clones to clay stones for the others (Sour Fire Lost, Northern Lights, and Candy Cane Kush.) I have always run only 2 strains, and it has been fun, but I want a bit more variety with my finished product.

420-magazine-mobile76486785.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1383624421.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1839347080.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1205052459.jpg

Strains are all photos

Black Hyena - Amazing long growing sativa, have grown it before from seed, feminized

Strawberry Cough - bag seed, not feminized

Sour Diesel - bag seed, not feminized

Sour Fire Lost - Clone from female

Northern Lights - Clone from female

Candy Cane Kush - Clone from female

This is a mix of sativas and indicas, we will go into more detail as the clones and seedlings show more characteristics of their own.

Last bit of the first post...I may have started the grow a little prematurely, I haven't even come close to completing the build out, so for now we have the clones, seedlings, and construction project living together.

I have more done than you see in the photos, I framed the floor, installed air intake into toekick, framed ceiling and covered to make back into a useable space for the time being.

420-magazine-mobile1829700342.jpg

420-magazine-mobile488687463.jpg

420-magazine-mobile128323135.jpg

I still need to insulate, frame and install the door, cover walls and ceiling with wood and paint reflective white or cover in Mylar, Cut in passive floor intake air, install fire extinguisher on ceiling, install work lights, hang LEDs, install can fans and scrubbers, run electrical, and obviously not damage the babies at the same time. Probably should have waited to start the next round, but hey...

I should have both construction progress and growth progress pictures coming every few days. Thank you for checking this out!

Cheers!!!

yes and the plants wont wait,i would go with mylar if cash no problem. regards

Hello and welcome! I was so excited to start a new grow, that i didnt do all my planning ahead, and got my clones and seedsgoing. Then all at once the clones started shooting out roots and the babies took off faster than I thought, so I decided to just build a big ol room and grow some monsters instead of this 2 tent juggle. Thank you for stopping by!

Cheers!

Subbed! Couldn't miss my offspring growing.

Yes!! I should give my shout outs!!!

I have some thanks to give, silly me for not doing it first and foremost, lol.

The Black Hyena is a left over from the Hyena Grow that was a gift from Hyena Merica

The NL, SFL, and CCK all came from
Clones from our very own LB07!!

Thank you for these girls, they will make the holidays great!!

Yes!! I should give my shout outs!!!

I have some thanks to give, silly me for not doing it first and foremost, lol.

The Black Hyena is a left over from the Hyena Grow that was a gift from Hyena Merica

The NL, SFL, and CCK all came from
Clones from our very own LB07!!

Thank you for these girls, they will make the holidays great!!

I just want to see if you grow them better than me!!

I just want to see if you grow them better than me!!

That's not fair, lol, if I destroy them it's hydros fault, not mine.

Glad to have you along, you are a big part of this multistrain being able to happen.

We should have some fundamental differences this grow too, I'm hoping to train them short and wide to encourage as much coverage before moving to flower. Best plans seem to change for me when it comes to this, so who knows. You are growing monsters in a small space, and when you get those two tents they gonna have room to move and air to breathe...which if you are gonna come get them, they are yours free of charge bro.

Cheers.

That's not fair, lol, if I destroy them it's hydros fault, not mine.

Glad to have you along, you are a big part of this multistrain being able to happen.

We should have some fundamental differences this grow too, I'm hoping to train them short and wide to encourage as much coverage before moving to flower. Best plans seem to change for me when it comes to this, so who knows. You are growing monsters in a small space, and when you get those two tents they gonna have room to move and air to breathe...which if you are gonna come get them, they are yours free of charge bro.

Cheers.

Also did you pop that green poison bean?

Nice to see you at it again, even better this time I'll wager!

You made me proud my friend with the Hyena grow!!

Let's see what happens with the bigger space. Efficiency and automation are wonderful things.

I am also starting a grow today. Cracking beans as I write this. Let's see how frosty our Christmas will be!

Peace, Hyena

So today I started to frame the front wall, cut all the studs I need to support it, and went to work, cut them all too long, which is better than too short, but wrong. Gotta trim them down and get to insulating. Too hot in there right now. It will start cooling soon, but I've only got little circ fans on, the exhaust is not connected yet. So much to do!

Clones are exploding with root growth, not too much above water yet. They will go into buckets pretty soon so they can start to grow up too.
420-magazine-mobile46251747.jpg

As you can see, the seed based ones have started to take off.

See you soon!

Back
Top Bottom