First Time Growing Purple - LED - SCROG

ChabaBuds

What's up ladies & fellas! This will be my 2nd grow journal as I was blown away by all the helpful advice you guys gave me on my last grow. Since my Gorilla Glue #4 came out so well, I figured I'd push myself for this grow and attempt to grow some colorful/purple weed. I went to a very reputable clone house in LA (Midnight Farms) and spent about an hour with the guy there going over each strain to find those highest in anthocyanin (a genetic indicator of its likelihood to exhibit purple/blue hues). I ended up selecting the girls below as they are both colorful indica dominant hybrids with prestige. I know it's going to be a bitch trying to get nighttime temps in Los Angeles low enough to trigger a color change, but I figured it's worth a shot (any tips are more than welcome). My setup is as follows:

THE GIRLS:

-1 Mendo Breath clone (Gage Green Genetics)
-1 Purple Animal Kush clone (Inhouse Genetics)

THE TOOLS:

-1 gallon pots transplanted to 5 gallon pots
-2'x2'x4' Mylar grow tent
-300w Viparspectra Reflector series LED
-4 23w 2700k CFL
-2 23w 6500k CFL
-Passive Intake w/ Terrabloom 185cfm exhaust
-2 oscillating fans
-SCROG screen with 2"x2" holes

THE FOOD (Feeding Schedule Below):

-Fox Farms Ocean Forest Soil
-Fox Farms base nutrient trio
-Cal-Mag
-Liquid Bat Guano
-Unsulphured molasses
-Atami Bloombastic (PK booster for late flower)
-FF Cha-Ching (PK booster for late flower)
-Humbolt County Snow Storm Ultra
-Humbolt County PurpleMaxx
-Superthrive

Capture811.PNG
a794970faddbefa5813ba2de0f7aa07f.jpg
Capture2118.PNG
Capture3115.PNG

Im subbed, im also on my second grow, my first went but im having a rough start this time cause of dumb mistakes but hey that's how we learn I guess. I use the fox farm nutes also and my plants seem to do good with it. Looks like you have a good setup and are off to a great start, best of luck to you.✌️

VEG WEEK 2:

Ok so I repotted both girls into 5-gal pots and began my 4-way LST (result of topping) to prepare for SCROG. However, the MENDO Breath is growing MUCH faster than the Purple Animal Kush. You can see in the pics below that the Mendo is damn near double the size of the Kush. The fan leaves are much smaller too. Both girls look healthy otherwise. Any idea what my problem is? Or is it just strain-based? I'm feeding them the exact same, so I'm leaning towards something to do with the Kush strain growing shorter and bushier with smaller fan leaves. Any input would be much appreciated. (I watered them in the bathtub btw, hence the pictures)
Capture517.PNG
Capture478.PNG
Capture613.PNG
Capture712.PNG
Capture811.PNG

Sent from my iPhone using 420

looking good, have almost the same size setup but mine are just over 2 months old , you can see my 3 (really misused ) Ladies at my new journal, but have to say I'm new and started really small with all...

looking good, have almost the same size setup but mine are just over 2 months old , you can see my 3 (really misused ) Ladies at my new journal, but have to say I'm new and started really small with all...

Send me the journal! You using LED?

VEG WEEK 3:

Ok so I tapped into my own stoner ingenuity and rigged up a DIY AC unit to keep the temps in my tent low enough to induce a color change during flower. I looped some copper refrigerator tubing around the face of my fan, then ran that to a aquarium pump I submerged in a cooler with ice blocks and ice water. The pump pushes cold water throughout the copper tubes, which, with the fan blowing through the looped copper, creates cold air. I was able to drop my temps damn near 15 degrees! Lasts the whole night so each morning all I have to do is replace the ice. I'm hoping when flower hits and the outside temps drop I'll be able to get the tent temp down to the low 60s (its high 90s outside right now and with the DIY AC I'm at 75 in the tent).
Capture911.PNG
Capture1125.PNG
Capture1125.PNG
Capture1211.PNG

Back
Top Bottom