3rd Auto Topping Grow - PerfectSun 1000 - DP Blueberry, Daquiri Lime & Think Big

1StTime

Hey guys, so I could't resist from posting :) Here we go again, after my 300+ gram from 2 NL autos last time Im back with my 3rd grow using the PerfectSun1000 and Autoflowering seeds.
This time I chose some seeds from Dutch Passion : Auto Blackberry Kush(2) , Auto Daquiri Lime(2) and Auto Think big(1)
The grow medium is Coco and they are in 15L Autopots with the Advanced Nutrients A B C + a few boosters ( i will detail while we go along )
Temps are currently between 25 and 28 Celsius, a little high but they have always been like that so I don't worry much.
I will add a CO2 bag soon but they are just a few days old atm . I also have a big ass fan, way to big for this stage so I have it blowing at the wall :)
they were germinated using ROOT!T natural sponges and a propagator in the dark and I god a 100% germination rate 5/5, which I never got before so ( one always died during the transfer from the paper towel to the rockwool slabs ) . this time I put the ROOT!T sponge directly into a big rockwool slab and that directly in the pot, and hand feed for the first few weeks.
I already started feeding at 400ppm and waiting for the weeds to grow :)
Last but not least the training method will be Main-Lining or Manifold method. I only used on 1 plant each of the prev 2 grows but I can say those were the biggest yielders and had the most beautifull nugs ( over 15g dry ) so will do them all like this this time :)

And some fotos to better understant what its all about :)
PS I have no tent atm so this is where im at :) YES the light is on a clothes rail rather then on a moving rail but that is where it was my last grow so I know it won't fall :) happy growing every1 and good to see you again :)

IMG_264716.JPG
IMG_289713.JPG
IMG_289610.JPG
IMG_289912.JPG
IMG_286617.JPG
IMG_290011.JPG
IMG_290217.JPG
IMG_290721.JPG
IMG_289815.JPG

hopefully it will :) yours is looking great tho :) you should try autos next time, it takes a loooong time with photos and nowadays there is not much difference between them
Cheers
edit: ive just caught up with yours. you should also try the Mainfold topping/lst method. it really brings out the best in them. you can find a lot of info online. you are not pretty far off. when topping at the 3rd node you should clear everything below it and then wait untill it grows 4 nodes on each side and top again to the 3rd node while clearing the 2nd, so keeping just node 1 and 3 on each side. this will break the dominance and you will have some big fat collas. check my last grow, on the last pages, I had one like that and it looked amazing.
happy growing

hopefully it will :) yours is looking great tho :) you should try autos next time, it takes a loooong time with photos and nowadays there is not much difference between them
Cheers
edit: ive just caught up with yours. you should also try the Mainfold topping/lst method. it really brings out the best in them. you can find a lot of info online. you are not pretty far off. when topping at the 3rd node you should clear everything below it and then wait untill it grows 4 nodes on each side and top again to the 3rd node while clearing the 2nd, so keeping just node 1 and 3 on each side. this will break the dominance and you will have some big fat collas. check my last grow, on the last pages, I had one like that and it looked amazing.
happy growing

Yeah I've thought about trying autos, maybe I will try them sometime in the future.

As far as the manifold/topping technique, it was my first training choice. But because I'm in a 4x2x5 for my first, and I'm growing a sativa hybrid, I decided on a scrog to control height. I did top a few times though, 4th node, and then topped each branch once more. I'm planning on giving the manifold technique a try soon though. Next run in my 4x4 I'm going to scrog. Then I might try the manifold after that. Although, I really enjoy the scrog training.

i did a SCROG on my first grow and it did ok, but in my opinion the Manifold works wonders. you could try on 1 plant out of the lot. it also keeps the hight in check a lot. check this space, I'm gonna use the same method on all these girls, really looking forward, and they are mostly sativa dominant stains except for the BlackBerry Kush :)) anyway, the best method is your method so have fun :)

update time :) everything looking good. ive mounted the light on the wall instead of on a clothes rail :)) obviously the wholes are a bit off as i didn't take the radiator into account but I hope all will be well :))
some photos
IMG_298616.JPG
IMG_298716.JPG
IMG_299116.JPG
IMG_298716.JPG
IMG_298814.JPG
IMG_298918.JPG

Look at this little one :) this was supposed to be the think big but looks more like blackberry kush. im very confused, should have had 2 blackberry kush plants but only one is actually blue . should have labeled them .

IMG_301815.JPG
IMG_301714.JPG

another little update,
its been almost 2 weeks since they broke ground and have begun growing in their each in their own pace some are bigger some are smaller.
like I said I will be experimenting with the Mainfold method on this grow and since I am growing autos i will try a few different cuts. the first plant i cut had 5 nodes ( the method calls for it to have 6 nodes and top to the 3rd ) but since autos have a shorter life I will be trying to do the cut early, see how it goes
some photos
IMG_306523.JPG
IMG_306620.JPG
IMG_306722.JPG

and the rest of the gang
IMG_306821.JPG
IMG_306922.JPG
IMG_307024.JPG
IMG_307121.JPG
IMG_307222.JPG

another short update :)
ive topped all of them and cleared all other growth so now we will have 2 main stalks which will be topped again when they reach 4 nodes .
will keep you update Kevin :)))) you seem to be the only one reading :)
IMG_317820.JPG
IMG_317917.JPG
IMG_318016.JPG
IMG_318119.JPG
IMG_318219.JPG
IMG_318828.JPG

had a bit of an accident with one of them , first snapping one stem while trying to tie it and when that one repaired i accidently broke the other one :)) its not pretty but I think I saved it :))
mad scientist skills
IMG_327015.JPG
IMG_327115.JPG

and a group shot :) looking good
IMG_327215.JPG

UPDATE
day 30
added some buddha s tree for flowering, just 0.25/l cause they are showing preflowers
the structure is complete and I love the way it looks, tried to catch it in some pics, now for some vertical grow and buds :)
Pictures
IMG_343614.JPG
IMG_343714.JPG
IMG_343919.JPG
IMG_344112.JPG

Wow the ladies got huge man! They look great. Good job on the LST. That PS1000 is kicking ass lol can't wait to see them flower, good luck man. . .

yea the PS1000 rullz :))
so a few pics, ive been really lazy uploading pics.
seems the 24/0 light cycle didnt agree with them and 3 of them decided not to bloom thill i gave them a bit of dark so currently on 23/1 and everybody is flowering
the Blackberry Kush is looking lush with the purple tones starting to come out. one is taller one is busier and they smell different, but killer :)

PS : LOOK AT THAT THINK BIG :)))) ITS THE SAME SIZE AS THE REST OF THE PLANTS COMBINED :)) it has a main stem thick as my hand :)

IMG_410610.JPG
IMG_400818.JPG
IMG_400613.JPG
IMG_400513.JPG
IMG_397913.JPG
IMG_397814.JPG

Hey 1STTime! Just saw you replied to one of my old grow journals! You were asking about the Blackberry Kush I grew and what my biggest yield was, but what you have must be different because mine was a photoperiod strain. I think it's kind of a clone-only thing in the PNW except I grew it out from bagseed. I've only managed to get about 1 1/3 ounce per plant.

I think Canadad420 runs the Auto Blackberry Kush. Good job on the grow man those plants are looking fantastic.

Hey 1STTime! Just saw you replied to one of my old grow journals! You were asking about the Blackberry Kush I grew and what my biggest yield was, but what you have must be different because mine was a photoperiod strain. I think it's kind of a clone-only thing in the PNW except I grew it out from bagseed. I've only managed to get about 1 1/3 ounce per plant.

I think Canadad420 runs the Auto Blackberry Kush. Good job on the grow man those plants are looking fantastic.

Hey, Thanks for taking the time to reply. Yes, mine are auto strains from DutchPassion and they look and smell amazing. Will check Canadads posts.
Ive decided to see this journal through even if I wont post that often in hope that somebody will find it over time and find it helpful. Not much info on these strains around and they are supposed to be amazing.

Cheers for now guys !

What's up 1StTime!

Just mentioned you in one of my posts when someone was asking me about my PS1000 on a light mover vs your setup without one. I was like... I can't remember the name.... then KevinL was like 1StTime. Then I was yeah that's the guy without the light mover. lol

I went the organic route with my second grow to see how that turns out. Good times.

Back
Top Bottom