Growing Against Alzheimers - A Purely Organic Experience

Growing Against Alzheimer’s - A Purely Organic Experience

Happy Brain-aversary!
:high-five:

It was 2 years ago this month that I experienced a brain attack which changed the way I think forever. And it’s been 1 year of fulltime rehabilitation that included Cognitive Behaviour Therapy classes, Occupational Therapy and Counselling which has changed the way I interact with the world forever.

Hi, my name is G2HM and I have a rare form of Alzheimer’s called Frontal Temporal Dementia at the young age of 44 and welcome to my Grow & Brain Rehabilitation. :Namaste:

IMG_2357_cbd_fresco.jpg

I started growing modestly just two months before my first brain attack happened. After spending the rest of my life savings, I had no clue that I just bought myself a second chance at living. How did I know?

I’m so relieved to tell you that I have been training my brain since March 2016 and witnessed huge positive results in my life. I went from accepting my death, to now planning consecutive grows to fulfill my list of medicinal needs. What a massive victory so far, it’s like winning a world cup. I’m still reeling from it.

I was diagnosed Nov 14, 2016, a year after my serious memory loss. The doctors refused to believe I was impacted, but I would not take no for an answer. I insisted that my doctors seek further scans and then we found it. That “no” got me a diagnosis early enough to confirm my instinct that my brain was deteriorating. What if I had waited, I would be in a “home” right now. Makes me shake my head.

According to the medical system, I should be hospitalized by now in full time care. And before I started growing, I was reading hospice pamphlets. But thanks to the help of my medical team and 420 family of brainiacs; their help makes up for the cognitive challenges I face daily.

My grow has become the link to my lifeline. Not only have I studied over 5000 of 420 hours last year; but I have shared the gratitude I have for being alive across this forum. As long as I keep growing my own medicine, I feel I have a legitimate chance at beating this thing. But it’s not going to be easy, in fact it will be death defying.

I initially came here for help with my dying plants, and now I’m here experiencing a second chance at life. I have a lifestyle that my brain craves and adapts to, this is my office of healing affairs. This forum constantly challenges my executive functions, like planning, organizing, writing and reading through journals. Which in turn builds new brain cells, which ends in a harvest specific for my needs. 

These journals sharpen my project management skills I USED TO have, in fact, they never left, somewhere in my brain I am making progress and linking to old working management skills I thought I lost, just by posting journals of my progress weekly.

I can feel the difference after 1 month of not posting journals, it’s incredibly difficult to make sentences logical right now, so it’s taking triple the amount of time. But this just motivates me to regain my momentum of higher learning.

This is bringing back standards of work that I didn’t have 1 year ago. Luckily all my journals are keepsakes of my progress in hopes to inspire other Brain patients to seek out CBD/THC Oil as primary dosing alternatives.

Every journal post I create allows me to make up for knowledge I am losing from having a Neuro Degenerative Disease. For every piece of advice someone gives me; I am regenerating brain cells and preventing Frontal Temporal Dementia aka Alzheimer’s from taking over my entire life. Feedback is very welcome, but not obligatory. Just be you.

Even though I believe my fate is written, my dying wish is to never speak about death in my journal again. My mind is incredibly hyper sensitive to words, concepts even negativity. This journal is my sanctuary and if anything happens to me, I want it to emulate hope and inspiration, not death and sadness. I recognize I may not be able to avoid death, but I’m living right now, must not switch realities and keep focusing on everything that is positive. No more tears, no more fears!

The outside world reminds me constantly of what’s in store for me, I have even planned my own funeral with my honey as I went bankrupt and lost my business that took 11 years to build. I am living against the odds, and will be the underdog until the day I die. I’m not afraid to stare down the barrel of a disease, especially if its’ pulling the trigger. There is always hope….and Cannabis.

Let not failure be my legacy, for I will not let ALZ anger and confusion manifest in my rolodex mind, preventing the flipping through my life, as words no longer evoke the smile from a memory we take for granted every day. On the flip side, I am experiencing the best time of my life, I’m legitimately happy. Every morning I open my eyes, it’s another day to spread the joy I feel for growing and oil.

To be frank, the only hope I have of staying alive and AWAKE is to surround myself with better people and better meds. That’s not a bad thing at all. This journal will keep me on task, even if I forget my address on a daily basis, I know this is truly my home. The sun does shine brightly in this forum, I’m honoured to have found a community that I fit in, because of the person I am, my positivity is here to stay.

I have eliminated lots in my food plan, including but not limited to, SUGAR/SALT, fried foods, most meat, most gluten, pop, pizza, chips, my favourite caramels in the world. It was all good while it lasted. Sugar overload is one of the leading causes to early onset dementia.

Now I must maintain a level of good body health to effectively change my brain for the long term. I eat butter flavoured rice cakes like they’re going out of style, and my body loves them. I am still pre-diabetic but my blood pressure is normal, so we’ll see what happens.

There is so much good happening from my last journal, super fantastic people and a journey that has changed my life. It was hard to end it, but now it’s updated and we continue on. Just remember you are reading about the most traumatic and fantastic part of my life; there will be glitches, problems and relentless ambition to overcome adversity.

Anything shorter than a miracle, just won’t do, but let’s laugh and have fun the entire way. Being happy is half the cure. Growing meds is the other half of the cure.

This is my legacy and welcome to it… ;)

------------------Get Growing---------------
:love:

100% Organic Garden of Healing by Grow 2 Heal Me

:welcome:Welcome to my humble experimental journal of rehabilitation & inspiration to continue my new purpose in life.

Growers Mission: Slow down degenerative neuro disease through the processes of growing green medicine. Stop the entire disease from further brain damage through the protocols of oil dosing and Neuro Genesis. 

Purpose:-Retrain my brain and exercise my executive functions through cognitive tasks.

Neuro Degenerative

Diagnosis:-Test results are in…but are not the final diagnosis.

"...these findings are worrisome for a frontotemporal neuro degenerative process. The differential include frontal variant Alzheimer's disease. Clinical correlation is needed. (12 page Occupational Therapy Assessment completed Jan 2017) Consider psychostimulants to augment frontal lobe function and cholinesterase inhibitors to augment hippocampal function.

"

Novice Grower:

1.5 years of growing my heart out. I’ve got one major harvest under my belt after 3 previous attempts. Thanks to help of the 420 forum, I am able to learn from others through screenshots and challenge myself to be better each harvest. Now that I have a proper harvest under my belt and have created my first oil batch; I know that my instinct was right. This is the best thing I could’ve done for myself, but how did I know to follow this route?

Accomplishments:
:circle-of-love:

*I learned how to grow while battling a brain disease in my early 40's.

*I built my own “veg” area out of wired cubes and hung T5’s.

*I have a “flower” area now.

*I am a retired soccer player and live my life through good sportswomanship values.

*I have the confidence to speak to people about growing in supply/seed shops.
*I have just passed my 2 year benchmark of having this disease and I’m still getting better.

Tech Specs & Plant Details
(please excuse any errors I’m still learning)

What strains have I experimented with:

1. Outdoor Grab Bag of misc Seeds - Vancouver Seed Bank - July 2015

2. Afghan Kush - World of Seeds - almost 100% Indica - July 2015

3. Northern Lights Auto - Crop King Seeds - Indica/Sativa:70% Indica, 20% Sativa, 10% Ruderalis - Sept 2015

4. Purple Kush - Crop King Seeds - Indica 75% - Sativa 25% - Sept 2015-

5. CB Dream - Crop King Seeds - 80/20% - March 2016
6. Kushie Kush – Canuk Seeds – 80/20% - 2017
7. Quarter Pounder Auto – Canuk Seeds – 20% Indica – Sativa 80%-2017
8. More to come…why stop there? 
*I have Dinafem, Barney’s Farm & Dutch Master coming up!

Medicinal purposes only:love:

Seeking different strains for different pains. I am targeting clear-headed strains that are predominantly Indica-CBD but with optional 20% Sativa blends. I want to capture that uplifting euphoria without triggering ANY neuro-trauma that most doctors claim Cannabis primarily does.

I’m studying and researching everything and anything to do with OIL and the healing compounds it takes for brain retraining and neuro genesis processes. The reading never stops, learning must happen every day.

There is an alternative to neuro drugs, if the Scientists listen to brain patients more. I am not a Cannabinoid educated Doctor; I am a Cannabinoid educated patient who has hit the wall with the medical doctors.

I don’t want to waste away waiting for doctors to care for me with more chemicals, it just won’t happen, get over it! I must create my own success, as long as I stay true to myself.

As I wait patiently for Canada to be the 2nd country in the world to legalize Cannabis in Aug 2018; I have to stay alive to see this happen. That and the 2018 World Cup soccer…lol…what a summer that is going to be. Goals are important…in more than one way…lol.

------------

ALL INDOOR Organic GROW--------------:love:

Vegetation Area & Flower Area 

Soil Accessory: Rock - White Quartz Crystal from the 2nd largest granite cliffs in the world. White rocks have been charged with positivity based on the history of these cliffs. Super rare.

Growing times: 18/6 hr for auto, 18/6 hr for photo veg – 12/12 hour for flower – super important to remind myself.

Soil: Promix – BX/HP – Worm Castings – 2 cups of Organic PROMIX Vegetable or flower. I only use organic nutrients and supplements so I’m careful not to pad my soil with too much premixed soil. It’s enough to make sure my plants get something in case I’m sick and I can’t get to them.

Supplies: 10 inch – Self Watering Pot * Veg area only-
2.5, 3 & 5 Gallon - Self Watering Containers * Flower area transplants
*I will be doing a new tutorial on the self-watering pots I have improved.

Lighting situation...

1. Perfect Sun Dwarf Star

2. Germination & Veg lights: 2x 39 inch
(2) T5HO LED lights parallel to each other. 1 light used for early veg state. Then turn on second light after the first topping/FIM. 

Yes, air-cooled during the day with fan, but not at night because it’s cooler at night naturally here.

Veg Temp of Room 22-25 DC
Flower

Temp of Room 24-28 DC

Humidity ranges from 45-56 % for veg

PH of media or res? Mine is 5.5 – 7.0 ph balance using a colour chart every time for accuracy.

Any Pests ? 
HUGS NOT BUGS. Happy to report no bugs…

How often are you watering? 
Once or twice a week now in veg state, or up to 3 times in rapid veg stretch growth depending on the strain.

Type and strength of ferts used? 

Organic - GO

– Root Booster *new to my lineup

- BioThrive Grow (4 3 3 – 5 ml/litre)

– Thrive Alive B-1 Green (0 0 1 – 5ml/litre)

– CalMag+ (10 ml/litre)

– Bio Bloom
– (2 3 3 - 10ml/litre)
- Bio Bud *new to my lineup

------------WHY?--------------

Thesis-- To prove that I can rehabilitate my brain deficiencies by learning the growing process and have fun doing it. I would also like to prevent further deterioration/ALZ on my brain through fresh harvested oil, made with my own hands.

Must Improve:

1. Language aka Growing Processes.

2. Math aka Formulated Nutrients.

3. Focus aka Daily Routine Tasks.

Enhanced abilities:

1. Music

2. Innovation & Motivational Speaking Projects

3. Driving

4. Extreme Appreciation for Life!

5. Garden Management
6. Creativity, Poetry & Puns

Goals:

1. Accept my new state of being.

2. Make friends and stay social.

3. Grow the best organic medicine to stop the terminal brain diagnosis.

4. Create a journal to document my progress as a record of technique & inspiration.

5. Document my journey with grace and laughter. Have fun!

6. Use my past Athlete and Coaching experience to retrain my brain and use sportswomanship values and ethics at all times. I'm not afraid to hand out red cards! HAHAHAHAHA

-----------Let the brain experiment BEGIN!

----------:love:

(Recently updated previous detailed explanation from previous journals to maintain continuity – feel free to bypass)

Experiment Details: To help you understand the barriers I face, here is just a brief quote of symptoms/results that I am addressing on a daily basis. This is updated every journal for accuracy. 

*NEW Regression

1. I can’t remember if I wrote a specific letter that I found in my email, we have determined I have written it, with a specific date, but I cannot remember typing it up for the life of me, still. This was substantial enough to investigate it with my therapist and note in my file.

2. I had a fugue state shopping at Walmart for gardening supplies. I completely forgot where I was and panicked because I thought I was at Cdn Tire. I had no idea where I was or how I got there and my husband had to remind me and calm me down.

3. My memory fog has slightly increased since stopping my last journal, not remembering that my husband just handed me a drink, I put it down, then ask him for my tea again, again and again. Repeated odd behaviours like this are still continuing but we are still laughing them off. It’s HIGHlarious, you gotta laugh.

4. I have started to have random leg spasms at night. Uncontrollable flexing that cause tension in my soccer muscles. I am able to stretch and walk, but this is something fairly new that started in the last few months. 

*Old Regression to grade 4 behaviours, asking for recess sandwiches from grade 4, speaking the odd French word or phrase instead of english. In grade 4 I was in French immersion, so I am remembering conversational French now. See previous journals for reference.

-----------More barriers to overcome------------:love:

Headaches - Headaches are my biggest enemy, but my migraines feel like I'm wearing a shrinking helmet.

Speaking Difficulties - I stutter when I can't find the word I need to say. I slur my speech after a huge day of brain activity.-When people interrupt me, I don’t care to get my point across because I’ve most likely forgotten what we are talking about.

Confusion – I am experiencing confusion in day to day conversations. Can’t count the times I have forgotten what I’ve just been talking about. It takes away from my credibility and makes me feel dumb. In most casual conversations, I don’t actually understand what the person is telling me, so I fake understanding and laugh and move along the way in order to avoid awkwardness on my part. 

Knowing that I have a cognitive barrier, I use screenshots to learn how to grow and make oil. What some people may understand, it may take me a month to understand. But I am great with visuals and lots of patience to problem solve. Ice on my head will help during these times.

Changes in Personality - I am hypersensitive and over apologize for everything. I question my every move still. I don’t care what people think of me as much because I’m focused on staying alive. Nobody gots time for dat!@

Dizziness - I have spatial issues, bumping into things and dropping my drink, are making me slow down when doing physical things. There has been no improvement yet, but I think the more severe symptoms will take a while to be affected by the oil. I still believe I can recover my sense of balance.

Difficulty Processing Information – Must stimulate my 5 senses daily in order to stay active. In order to keep my brain functioning, I have increased my learning curve and have achieved roughly 5000 hours of 420 study in one year. This is 3x more than my previous learning goals before this disease hit.

Because I’m still high functioning but with brain damage, I continue study and research because it’s the best way to regenerate brain cells and is a familiar process to me. If I can regenerate FASTER than the degeneration, I should be able to stop ALZ or prevent it from getting worse. Fighting fire with knowledge, creates new cells and gives me power.

When people talk to me, it’s very difficult to remember everything they say. But if I have a visual cue I am able to solve problems. Being on the forum has allowed me to read at my own pace without anyone detecting how long it takes for me to truly understand.

Recently, Soulful growers have been writing up tutorials in their own journals to help me learn and understand the point they are trying to teach me. Such a blessing, random acts of kindness keeps the sun shining all day. Despite the long feel of 2 years in this grow brain rehabilitation; I’m still researching scientific terms that relate to Neuro Genesis that even baffles my husbands’ understanding. I’m on the right path.

:Namaste:

Wouldn’t it be ironic IF I was to beat ALZ by studying it and learning from it?

:Namaste:

-------------HOW?---------------:love:

This is how I plan to attack ALZ and learn to address my biggest brain deficiencies. :love:

1. Headaches (Confusion, Dizziness & Speaking Difficulties) – CBD/THC OIL

2. Language aka Growing Processes (Confusion, Headaches, Speaking Difficulties & Changes in Personality) – Read out loud the posts to learn how to speak without a stutter.

3. Math aka Formulated Nutrients (Confusion, Headaches & Speaking Difficulties) Posted up a feeding schedule that takes away the guess work and requires simple arithmetic in my brain.

4. Focus aka Daily Routine Tasks (Headaches, Confusion, Changes in Personality & Speaking Difficulties) Journaling is the best task to initiate overall regeneration of the brain.

5. Socially Awkward to Social Butterfly (Confusion, Depression, Changes in Personality & Speaking Difficulties) Socialize with growers the way I want to be treated. With respect.

Your support will help me get through one of the best and biggest traumatic experiences in my life. Can’t hide the crazy happening, I can only make the best of it and make FUN of IT.

---------------TAKING RISKS----------------:love:

But in the end, I’m going to pretend I’m an athlete training for the FIFA World Cup Football (soccer) and any previous injury will be overcome because of my passion for the grow game. Let’s get to the Russia 2018 World Cup; how many people wanna predict that Russia will be on the podium in the top 3 because of their doping scandal. Hope I’m not “Russian” it. Too soon? Stop it brain!

Oops, I meant to say, I hope to train my mind with the discipline of the Athlete I used to be and the Coach I hope to be. 

I can’t wait to overcome another year of massive challenges and adversity in order to spend one more day with you guys, with the horses, I mean my husband, but not in that order…lol.

We are all family after all…I really missed my 420 family of Brainiacs scoring goals against ALZ.

Thank you for helping me save my life, and making me laugh every day! No biggie LOL

GROUP HUG, I MEAN HUDDLE!
:love::circle-of-love::love:

IMG_1996aE.jpg

:Namaste::thanks::hug::hug::hug:

Wishing you the best, it looks like you're off to a great start! My grandmother had Alzheimer's; so much more has been discovered since back then, I wish I could have helped her with what I know now. Subscribed, I'll be along for the ride!

Incredible post......

Alzheimer's is in my genes too, my mom and grandfather dealt with it

Not a fun thing for u or your family

*Thank you soooo much, I think it impacts almost every family in some way. Glad to have you on board.:love:

Wishing you the best, it looks like you're off to a great start! My grandmother had Alzheimer's; so much more has been discovered since back then, I wish I could have helped her with what I know now. Subscribed, I'll be along for the ride!

*There is much to be done now for ALZ, especially oil. I will take a dropper of oil for her. :love:

You're amazing! Keep up the great work. I'll be following on your journey and cheering you on!

*Thank you sooo much, I really appreciate the cheer, there is so much to be happy for. :love:

Sub'd G2HM

*Thanks for joining me VS. You're very welcome here.:love:

My Grandfather had dementia. It's an absolutely disgusting disease.

Beautiful post G2H, it invoked a lot of emotions this early lol

I only hope I can help somehow throughout your journey!
You have the best support network one can ask for here!

Awwww, shucks BW. I just gotta keep on my meds and I should be okay. Your support and acknowledgement gives me a big hug. Just by you being here, it helps me tremendously. You're a cool cat, so haaaang on. hahahaha:love:

I'm here. Now I need rest...just had a large lunch. :love:

*Thank you Jim, :thanks:

I teared up.. that was such a beautiful start to this new journal! Happy you started one up again.. missed your well thought out and articulated updates. Are you currently growing the purple kush from ck seeds? Got my eye on that and their white widow.

* Awww, shucks Toasty...:love:

*I wish I was growing Purple Kush & White Widow. I had 4 out 10 PK seeds germinate, love this plant and is why I started growing. I am obsessed with Purple Kush. But after such a tumultuous grow with them, it was hard to even plan to make oil with them, which never happened. It was disappointing, but I do love their WW. I have to say that their CBDream seeds are my "go to" for medicinal oil for brain. They are so easy to grow and make great oil dosing. :love:

Awesome post, incredible story, and exceptionally well written.
Consider me subbed and along for the ride.
Wishing you all the best in your battle with Alzheimer's! Hopefully you continue to win your fight for many many years/decades to come! All the best from my little corner of the world.

Wouldn't miss it for the world. I'll go back and read up later :love:

*Yaaay! I'm glad you made it. Really exciting. Just throw your chair somewhere and feel free to read whenever. :love:

You are a fighter!! We are all here to help you succeed, even with just positive reinforcement. You got this!!!

I'll be following your journey.

*Oh man had to hold back the tears when you called me a Fighter. Thanks for making it Vex, I have been stacking like crazy cause of you and learned so much from your journal. I really appreciate your words. :love:

Awesome post, incredible story, and exceptionally well written.
Consider me subbed and along for the ride.
Wishing you all the best in your battle with Alzheimer's! Hopefully you continue to win your fight for many many years/decades to come! All the best from my little corner of the world.

*Awwww, shucks GM, hugs. Thank you sooo much. My writing has massively improved since all this happened. I sometimes speak in rhymes and puns. But I definitely love that fact that I can write out my experiences, this is a sense of relief and release. WE got this riiight, for decades to come? No biggie...lol. :love:

Im here, you know i would not miss this for anything. .

*You have been with me from nearly the start. I couldn't do it without you PW, because you are a staple in my garden and heart. You keep me going daily and your support makes me feel like I have a brother here. So yah, here we are again eh PW...;):love:

Back
Top Bottom