Hortishorti Runs A Clone - 10Gal Fabric Pot - Roots Organic & TLC

HortiShorti

Howdy 420magazine!

Before we get started, I just want to thank everyone who helped me have a successful first harvest. Thanks to all of you, I have a few ideas I will be testing out to vastly improve both quantity AND quality.

Being that I'm running a clone of the plant I've already grown, I plan to individualize my approach to optimize pretty much every variable within my control.

The clone was taken roughly 6 weeks ago, it took nearly 14 days to root & has been under weak CFL light 24/7 pretty much the entire time. I've since placed her in a 10 gallon fabric pot with ROOTS Organics Original. This will be her final container.
DSC_034025.JPG
DSC_034124.JPG
She is now under BOTH Mars Hydro 300's which will be used for the next 4-5 weeks of veg. My goal with her is to focus on the roots, I don't want to waste ANY of the space and soil(that's the goal, we'll see if I reach it hehe). When I flip her to flower, she will get either a single dedicated 600w HPS or 400w HPS. I'm leaning towards 600w. I can allow for her to fill up to 4x4.

For nutrients, I am going to simply feed the soil and focus on the beneficial bacteria/fungi/myco's. Organic compost teas, bat guano and EWC. Top dress, no till. When she does get plain water, it will simply be RO water - my RO comes out at 6.5 so no PH adjustments will be necessary.

This girl is producing for MY personal, so I want it to be THE ABSOLUTE BEST it can be.

I am going to not only let the canopy fill, but I'm going to allow for vertical stacking before the flip. I want colas only.

Sorry for the long winded intro, take a seat and join the ride! It's sure to be fun :circle-of-love:

re: Hortishorti Runs A Clone - 10Gal Fabric Pot - Roots Organic & TLC

I'm in man woo! I hope by the time I post I'm still first :slide:

I'm excited to see this plant become a giant!

Is that just a topping and some lst so far?

Is that just a topping and some lst so far?

Welcome to my journal bignstrange! Excited to have you here :thanks: So far, she's only been supercropped when any branch tries to shoot above the canopy. I did top her once, right after she rooted. I plan to implement a variety of training methods as she continues to grow. Most likely will stick with supercropping though.

Welcome to my journal bignstrange! Excited to have you here :thanks: So far, she's only been supercropped when any branch tries to shoot above the canopy. I did top her once, right after she rooted. I plan to implement a variety of training methods as she continues to grow. Most likely will stick with supercropping though.
Thanks for having me! Looking good so far, and looking forward to seeing you in action, mostly so I can copy your method for my grow ;P

Cheers Shorti!

Lookin good! She's bushy as hell! I have a feeling you're gonna get a pretty large amount of some high quality meds! . keep up the good work

That's what I'm hoping for! You inspired her current footprint though, hopefully watching your plant flower gives me a glimpse into what it could be like for me :Namaste:

Hortishorti Runs A Clone - 10Gal Fabric Pot - Roots Organic & TLC

That's what I'm hoping for! You inspired her current footprint though, hopefully watching your plant flower gives me a glimpse into what it could be like for me :Namaste:

I appreciate the credit for inspiration lol I'll give everyone an update on mine in a little bit when they wake up..have you been using LST or just supercropping?

Edit: nvm I see you've only used supercropping.

Re: Hortishorti Runs A Clone - 10Gal Fabric Pot - Roots Organic & TLC

I appreciate the credit for inspiration lol I'll give everyone an update on mine in a little bit when they wake up..have you been using LST or just supercropping?

Ehh I tried LST for a few days but it's mainly just been supercropping. You gave me the idea on what shape to coach her into though :p PLUS it also helps that she was cloned from a flowering plant, so she started with a ton of branches from the get.

Ehh I tried LST for a few days but it's mainly just been supercropping. You gave me the idea on what shape to coach her into though :p PLUS it also helps that she was cloned from a flowering plant, so she started with a ton of branches from the get.

As long as you achieve your goal shape and size the method used to reach it doesn't really matter imo lol everyone grows a little differently and you know what you like so do ya thing . I always feel like I'm doing too much damage whenever I try supercropping so I just stick to LST lol

As long as you achieve your goal shape and size the method used to reach it doesn't really matter imo lol everyone grows a little differently and you know what you like so do ya thing . I always feel like I'm doing too much damage whenever I try supercropping so I just stick to LST lol

Yeah I can understand that, I like supercropping because this girl seems to love stress ;)
BUT, after I get her to her goal footprint, I plan to let her stack vertically without any sort of training. I'm gonna lollipop and remove all the lower growth about a week before flipping. She'll be what she'll be.

Yeah I can understand that, I like supercropping because this girl seems to love stress ;)
BUT, after I get her to her goal footprint, I plan to let her stack vertically without any sort of training. I'm gonna lollipop and remove all the lower growth about a week before flipping. She'll be what she'll be.
Can't wait :cheesygrinsmiley:

DSC_038816.JPG
DSC_039019.JPG

I'm so happy to have her growing so vigorously. I'm also really happy with how well I've been able to control the spacing between nodes. I've managed to get her to stagger on ever branch, spacing only about a quarter of an inch per node. This has been a major focus of mine, so I'm keeping the lights closer this time. I plan to let her stack like that for 2-4 more weeks, maintaining an even canopy, slowly lowering the lighting period to 12/12 as to minimize stretch. Can't wait to see how she comes along.

Also can't believe how much she's changed since I put her in the 10gal. She really likes the roots organics. in 7-8 days I will feed her with organic compost tea, can't wait to see the difference.

She looks amazing! I can't wait to see what the difference is in this grow and your first grow are! You're going to amaze yourself with how much knowledge you've inadvertently gained throughout the process .

She looks amazing! I can't wait to see what the difference is in this grow and your first grow are! You're going to amaze yourself with how much knowledge you've inadvertently gained throughout the process .

Thank you GrnThmbs! I can't wait to see either. I'm happy to be going for a longer veg time like you did. I'm gonna do what I can to keep this genetic line alive and make it the best I can. Some of the lower larfy, scraggly buds are dry enough to smoke and it's crazy how sharp the flavor is without a cure and having been picked just short of 49 days flowering. The effects are exactly what I seek as well, very cerebral, racey, long lived.

Thank you GrnThmbs! I can't wait to see either. I'm happy to be going for a longer veg time like you did. I'm gonna do what I can to keep this genetic line alive and make it the best I can. Some of the lower larfy, scraggly buds are dry enough to smoke and it's crazy how sharp the flavor is without a cure and having been picked just short of 49 days flowering. The effects are exactly what I seek as well, very cerebral, racey, long lived.

That's awesome to hear! I can't wait to hear the review on the cured buds if the uncured is that good for you!

Back
Top Bottom