Badbradblu - Malawi Gold Grow

BadBradBlu

These are plants of hand selected seeds of the best buds of the gold I had. I only kept one(the one with the vodka bottle in it. The other two are from the actual growing site and I chose them and brought back myself. They would have been destroyed by rain as it was almost flooding there at the time - I wish I could have taken more! There were so many. So I ended up with 3 plants of different 'look'. They are all mainly if not all sativa genes and have the typical features. The one from seed has thicker leaves though and I think it might be indica influenced(I hope!) Otherwise it just looks cool I dont know how to determine that. I have seen the one with the red/purple stems befor and it was much stronger than the green stems so I am happy to have that one(I think 29 and 30 are the shots of this one. Let me know what you feel.

The one with the Vodka bottle comparrison is four weeks along, the two others are probably twice that and are going into flower. The weird shape of the plants are due to my urban grow stealth technique to keep them near the floor and out if sight - although they are proving difficult to keep low(I hope I will have difficulty keeping low when they are ready LOL!)

I will start the thread with a pic of the finnished product and then go on to the plants it comes from. I am extremely open to advice:grinjoint: so don't be shy!

S5001418.JPG

S5001415.JPG

S5001416.JPG

S5001427.JPG

S5001425.JPG

S5001433.JPG

S5001432.JPG

These last 2 r of the special sativa and I think you will see why I say that when it is further along.

This one is the kind that is ususal here down south and I put the large skins there to make a visual comparison.
S5001430.JPG

S5001431.JPG

This one is quite unusual! It has some indica traits which make me think it was from a different gene pool. I am watching this one with extreme curiosity and wonder, I think it could be the best of all!
S5001429.JPG

S5001428.JPG

Bad Brad, your plants look wonderful. I love your garden decorations. I enjoy decorating my garden, also. Those are some long and beautiful sativa leaves you have there. I wish I had a wealth of knowledge to share with you, but I am a fairly new grower myself. I had an outdoor grow last year - not very successful but I learned a lot. I'm on my third indoor grow and will be having a few lowryder 2's in the veggie garden this year. There are many growers on the site that have years/decades of experience growing. I'm not as old as them, I'm only 51 - a young lad. ;) What kind of nutrients are you giving your plants?

Thank you HerB! Means a great deal to me!

Givin' seaweed manure(liquid) liquid compost and supplimenting with compound D. Wait have to go... talk to you tomorrow.:peace:

beautiful garden bad brad i love the look of the sativa leaves.
+rep
:peace:

Thank you Boss. I have just recovered them from a nutrient lockout and pest problem. I used washing powder mixed in a medium strength solution to wash the plants to rid the leaves of insects and the same solution in the soil to rid it of white ants which were getting too comfortable for my liking! This worked a charm and I was advised by an old farm lady who knows all the tricks! To treat the nitrogen deficiency - before I managed to get the seaweed manure and liquid compost I had no choice but to use piss mixed in 2lts of water 3 times a day for 5 days and this restored the green to the rapidly yellowing leaves - this is a good emergency contingency plan to nitrogen defficiency I found.:cheesygrinsmiley:

Thank you Shaggie - Sativa is all I have grown - I may be getting some serious seeds Bubblegum later this year - I am hoping:drool:

if it were nt for the all the people at 420 it would be lonely for us growers with passion!
:adore:

I love you peeps @ 420!!!:ganjamon:

It's high time for an update so I am gong to load some pics and then explain them below the pictures.
:partyboy:

Picture_1081.jpg

Picture_0833.jpg

These are 2 shots of a branch (used to be the main cola tied down for stealth) FIM ed and supercroped. It should 've had 2 collas if had topped it but, thanks to Overgrown and all the excellent advice it contians, it has 5! I am more than happy with this result. Thank you Overgrown!

Picture_1101.jpg

Picture_0243.jpg

See the green stems? Now have a look at the one growng in the SAME pot(due to circumstances I had to control) They are purple (same pot, same nutes, same soil) -deffinately genetics
Picture_053.jpg

Picture_1091.jpg

Picture_0125.jpg

I love healthy looking leaves! :rollit:

Picture_0144.jpg

Picture_1061.jpg

Picture_0154.jpg

Picture_0841.jpg

Budding begins! love the way they change from little girls into ladies! :smokin:`

Picture_1041.jpg

Picture_0673.jpg

Picture_0663.jpg

Picture_0622.jpg

Picture_1071.jpg

The light was sooo bright when I first went out there to try to get some shots of my 3 virgins that it left marks in my eyes - of the scenery I was staring at for the shots - you know like when someone takes a photo of you with a flash and you get a square in the shape of the flash in your eyes for a few minutes even if you close them?)(my girl calls them 'silver beetles') well it was like that but in the shape of ganja leaves! :whoa: All over the walls and stuff in my room! Ha ha! :laughtwo: Any way I thought it was pretty cool.

Now for some nute information.:bongrip:

1.I started them off as babies with wood ash I aquired from the reminants of a near by forest fire - just filled a bucket with the stuff and took it home. I administered it to them over the first two weeks and have used none since.
2.I gave them a dose of amonium nitrate at the end of the first month 1 teaspoon per pot and have used none since and hope not to use again.
3.I gave them fresh blood from the packet of stakes I brought home, a cup mixed with 4 litres of water, 3 times in their 2nd month and none since.
4.I managed to aquire some compound D from someone who owed me and gave them a dose once at almost 2 months and it did what it does - but unfortunately that strong fert can cause a lockup of nutes and I had to flush the plants as it was slightly too powerful for them at that stage. I plan to use it once more just before the final flush maby or a month before.
5.To recover from the lock up I first leached the soil then a week later when yellowing was starting as well as twisting and slight burn was showing - I had to resort to the safest form of nitrogen available - my own piss. I mixed it with 4llts of water and gave it to them about 3 times a day for 5 days - then a week of normal watering with boiled water - good if there is no purified water - then again once a day for 3 more days. I hope I will not need much more nitrogen for this grow.
6.The lockup was solved but it had left the plants a bit in need and I then used liquid seaweed manure in weak doses every 5 days for the next month and a half, a fraction of a cap mixed with 4 lts of water . This stuff is great - I highly recomend it!
7.I bought some liqiud compost to danken them up a little and it seems to be working - although it is'nt very strong and I have used it only twice so far, one cup mixed with 8lts of water.I will see.
8.I used some epson salts (also great advice I aquired right here on 420-Overgrown) and i am happy with the results. Leaves are a lot straighter pointing and perkier now. one teaspoon in 8lts of water. Now this is something I would'nt have thought of trying in a million years if it were'nt paseed on to me by the elders of the herb - :adore:

Looking good! I was thinking that white wall in the sunshine really must enhance the light the plants get (and then you commented how bright it is)!!

What is "compound D" and what is its puropose?

Picture_0185.jpg

Picture_0822.jpg

Picture_0722.jpg

Picture_0691.jpg

Picture_0541.jpg

Thank you FreakNature - I think the wall has actually improved the light intensity in the grow area quite considerably - when I start growing indoor I am deffinately painting my grow room white from floor to ceiling! :cool:

To be honest with you I am not fully sure what compoud D is composed of - All I know is that that stuff is powerful! It is used on citrus fruit as far as I know. You only need a few grains for mature plants that have stagnated or could not manage the extra boost naturally - it causes the leaves to darken when they are too light in colour and thickens the plant up all round - it improves the size of fruit so it is assumed that it will increase the size of buds when they would normally not grow any further - I have seen this happen previously on past grows - it works.

Back
Top Bottom