Stizz1e's 12/12 from seed journal

Stizz1e

First off I'd like to say hello to everyone, I've been reading these forums for a couple of weeks and they are very informative. Well on to my question, I am germinating a seed out of some buds that a friend of mine had. The end result was very nice, the dealer called it mambo #5 not sure if that is really what it is but anyway...This post may be in the wrong place, but if I plant this seed and keep it outside to grow, but manipulate the lighting would it behave like an indoor grow? Also this is really just an experiment to see if it works, but if i harvest something it would be nice, by doing this do you guys think i stand any chance of a decent harvest?
p.s sorry for the long pot..I'm baked. :smokin:

Re: A 12/12 from seed question

Thanks.

I have a shed that I can put the plant in out cover it with a keg tub that i have. If the 12/12 isnt enough to keep the plant small I may try to LST it some. I'm moving in July and happened on a seed, I don't have any lights hence the outdoor grow. It would be nice to have even a little something home grown to go away with.

Any sort of input would be appreciated.

ok other than that I dont really plan on fertilizing it or anything like that. A true test of the Light and Water theory.
Well if your going to do it without nutes you will defintely only get a "LITTLE" something. If anything at all. Living things need food. Period! Let's see you live on water and sun for several months. Good luck.

Are you going to cover the plant with a keg tub? If so, how will you get air to the plants?

the airflow question has really got me stumped...even if i build a box and cut vent slots or holes, wont that produce light leaks?
You build what's called "light traps".
You take a box bigger than the hole in the wall. Inside this box you build shelves. One shelf goes from one side to about 2/3ds all the way across. the second sheld starts on the opposite wall and goes 2/3rds across the opposite way. See diagram. The idea is that while air flows around corners...light doesn't.
light_trap1.JPG

Back
Top Bottom