A First Time For Everything

CarolinaRebel

Ok, here are a few firsts,

1st grow in over 25 years
1st indoor attempt
1st hydro attempt
1st semi-micro attempt
1st LST attempt

I didn't bother to make an official Grow Journal because I didn't expect anything to survive. I only have one plant and "SHE" is a miracle girl. I did everything a novice grower usually does wrong and somehow she survived. I'm pretty sure I remember that the more you stress a plant, the more likely it will be a male. Imagine my surprise when "She" started showing pre-flowers. I thought I was seeing things, but with a little patience, sure enough she's blooming. In the photos she's about 6" high at the bend, about 10" long, and about 6" to 7" wide.

I've got a couple of pics in the gallery waiting for approval so I can post 'em here. Anybody know about how long it takes before they get approved, I mean approx.

In the meantime, if you want to take a look, they are under my name (CarolinaRebel) in the gallery. Once these get posted, I'll try to get some updates approved.

Not sure what she is (bagseed), but she has a little skunk and a little pine tree combination kind of smell.

Oh yeah, I do have enough patience to let her grow.

Ok, we'll start with a little nute damage. Notice the claw.

420-001.jpg

I'll try to get some new photos up in a day or two. The buds are lookin' a little better now.

BTW, I apologize for the amatuerish photos. I just got a Nikon Coolpix P60 point and shoot thingy and I'm tryin to figure out how to use it.

Tryin' not to break your eyeballs. lol Appreciate the reps

Pics look good. Plants look even better!!

A few more pics.

A little canopy thing going.

Mini-Canopy.jpg

Bud in training

Bud_In_Training.jpg

gettin' frosty

A_Little_Frosty.jpg

little baby buds hidin' underneath

Little_Baby_Buds_Hiding_Underneath.JPG

Should I trim the leaf in the foreground so the bud can get more light, or leave it alone?

Trim_Foreground_Leaf.jpg

Thanks for the compliment on the recovery Herb Fellow. If it wasn't for the master growers on this site like you, *****, Boss, and a few others, I wouldn't have the pleasure of a recovery. You guys rule.

Ok. I got the part about not trimming the leaf. Will not do. But I'm feeling a little dense right about now. Wagyu????? That one went right over my head, didn't even get a glove on it. lol

I just love seeing us old schoolers get back into the game... Looking good Carolina, good luck to you on this grow.... :peace:

Yea, That one went over my head too.... at least you got a glove in the air, I never even saw it coming...:Rasta:

Thanks for the heads up. This is just one of the many reasons I love this site. You can get an education, and enjoy doing it, at any age.

"Wagyu" I'm likin' the idea more and more. :passitleft:

Originally Posted By Medical Marijuana

So you want to Scrog but have no clones? Limited on space with that sneaky cabinet grow? Well don’t stress out!

The benefits of Paperclip training are:
1) More light reaching the centre of the plant
2) Shoots grow vertically off the stems
3) Controls the over all height
4) Stimulates stem growth by bending the stems (stress's the inner herd, causing it to grow stronger and bigger)
5) Increase in overall yield

This process starts early in plant development. Begin training when you have either FIM, pinched, or topped your plants. I firmly believe in FIMming and have had excellent success doing so. But the first step is to get paper clips that have plastic coatings. You do not want to get ones that are silver as they create hot spots and will hamper growth. Bend them straight out -- they will be about 3” in length. You then bend the first ½ inch into a hook so you have what resembles a walking cane, but with a paper clip. You then proceed to bend the stems down parallel with the medium. You should end up with a “T” when you’re done. You’re going to continue to train the stems parallel with the medium until you want to begin flowering.

When you do finally decide to induce flowering, all the training will pay off. What would have been your tiny and airy bottom buds. Will now turn into nice, photogenic colas.

I recommend and use ESU Greenleaves: Boost Juice, I find it improves vigor and vegetative growth rates.

Thanks Chubbs, but as you can see I got the idea from Medical Marijuana. Had I followed his directions to the letter, she would have probably looked much better. I used General Hydro nutes and something called "Humboldt Counties Own BushMaster". It's a product designed to limit the heigth of the plant. Seems to have worked well I think. If you stood her up straight, she'd only be about 16".

Back
Top Bottom