Got a new camera so welcome to the grow...

HeadMed

So we're about midway through the first go around on what will eventually be a continuous harvest. We're just passed day 30.

Medium is Diatomite (FossilRock)

Nutes are GrowMore (Copy of General Hydroponics but better in MHO)

PH is kept at 5.8 or so.

Temp stays 70's to high 80's on heat wave days.

In the closet are 2 400w HPS (closet is 2' X 5'), 1 2'X2' eb and flow, and 2 Drip buckets made at home with 5 gal buckets (soon as these plants are done the whole closet will be trays.).

Out side we have a cloning and staging are as well as to mothers (afgooey and xxxog) all under those big cfl grow lights, getting the same nuts and in the same medium (clones are started in rapidstart).

I've got some mutant leaves on my momma OG. Singles, and spirals... something is stressing it and I don't know what.

The tray contains xxxog (10 of em) and some smaller afgooeys, all went to 12/12 when I saw roots. The buckets contain afgooeys that were veged for about a month before going to bloom.

The large afgooeys are showing some damaged leaves... turning black etc (pics below). Is this lack of light to those leaves.. or something else... Im stumped.

We had a spider mite problem, problem was solved by copious amounts of neem oil. I mean we hosed the plants, pulled the plants, fogged the room. checked the plants in a week and hosed them again. Plants were rinsed after a week +.

That rough treatment and massive amounts of oil could be the source of my troubles as well.

Anyway, here are some pics... enjoy and give me all of your suggestions... any and all help is appreciated.

Cloning and staging area
Cloneing_and_staging.JPG

Where the flowers be...
10FtSq_Fullsm.jpg

Our moms OG and Afgooey
Moms_XXXOG_AfGooey.JPG

Our baby cindy (seed we found in an oz of Cinderella 99) can you belive it;s only been three weeks...
Cindy99_almost_3_weeks_since_we_found_her_seed.JPG

Heres some of that damage I was telling y'aa about on the afgooeys
Damage_52308_AfGooey_s.JPG

Damage_52308_AfGooey_s2.JPG

And the mutant leaves on momma OG
Mutant_Leaves_on_Moma_OG.JPG

And now for some happiness...

Some Afgooeys go into the tray
Some_AfGooeys_are_in.JPG

And some size comparison pics

XXXOG at 30 days
Size_at_30_daysXXOG.jpg

Afgooey at 30 days
sized_size.jpg

Nice setup, +rep

So a week later...

Nutes are still at 2tsp/gal of Micro, to 3tsp/gal of Bloom.

We have now added to all blooming plants regiment 1/2tsp/gal Grandmas black strap molasses (un-sulfured).

To one of the big Afgooey's we have begun a regiment of gravity following directions on the bottle exactly. (cutting nutrient solution by 1/3, etc.) We are keeping the other Afgooey a a control, testing the gravity claims.

We've also added a larger tray to our cloning and staging area to allow for more veg space.

Cindy is HUGE! I think I'll be able to pull a clone or 2 next week, and sex them :yummy:

My math was wrong on the last post... those pics are at 28 days'... these are at 35. I figure the majority of this space has about 3 to 4 weeks from harvest. I've been able to make space for new clones and have been trying to stagger additions to get me on a continuous harvest. But at harvest I'll still be half empty and spend weeks getting back to capacity.

The moms are getting big fast too... I think I'll be taking clones from them next week too!

And of course more pics. I'm gonna just put up a bunch of nice ones as I take em, if it gets annoying let me know.

I had a friend over thats a decent photographer and using my camera took better quality pictures... I gotta get him to show me how he did that. In the future I will make more of an effort to take pictures away from the HPS (or learn how to correct for it.). But as for now... I kind like how dramatic the HPS lighting makes the pictures look... though you can't see the colors.

New tray in staging area.
new_clone_and_stage.jpg

XXXOG (in tray) Size comparison
xxog_0503081.jpg

One of the big girls out of the closet.
Big_Girl_-afgooey053008-.jpg

The Moms... What a difference a week makes huh?
Mommas_XXXOG_and_Afgooey.jpg

Look how big our Cindy seedling is!
CINDY_.jpg

Heres one of the Afgooey buds.
afgooey_bud_053008.jpg

And the tray... or what we now call the "Weed Patch"
Weed_patch_-2x2tray53008-.jpg

I got medicated and took a couple pictures of the interior's of the plants... So I'm gonna share... I never see this...
inside_looking_out_1.jpg

Into_the_jungle_-weedpatch-.jpg

And heres the pics my friend took... Same equipment.

53008_0371.jpg

53008_035.jpg

53008_034.jpg

53008_0281.jpg

53008_037.jpg

53008_028.jpg

53008_021.jpg

Thanks guys. I'm learning and looking for feed back, so any suggestions, or questions please let me know. Heheheh all I wanna do is talk about it, and you can't really do that much anywhere else. I don't meet too many other patients who are into growing, so I'm happy get my fix here.:peace:

Yeah it is... though everything waited till about a week agao before getting fragrant. Now you walk up to the front door and it's like dame they must be smoking right on the other side of that thing.... Time to hook up the filter.

So an update.

A full day after adding Gravity (Weight and density enhancer), the ph suddenly shot up... beyond the scope of my little mix and match the color set I got. It took 4ml per gal of ph down to bring it down again.

I need theories...

Should I be adjusting the PH back to normal...?

Or is the PH part of some evil plan to induce a nute lock and increase uptake of particular nutrients?

3 hours later it took another 8mil of down (for 3 gal of water) to bring the PH back in line. I'm gonna try and call the manufacturer and see what the deal is tomorrow.

So I called the folks that make gravity...

They say their not sure what would cause this issue. They said nothing I did was out of the ordinary, possibly the molasses had carbonates in it and the release of carbon was increasing PH. My control, (molasses no gravity) has not had this issue. Then they said it may be a separate reaction between the testing fluid and the gravity. Seems it would react that way IF THE PH WENT UP... freaks. I suppose I'll locate a digital meter and double check... just in case.

I better see some serious results next to the control to make this worth it. I'll let ya know in a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom