Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: My White Widow Adventure

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My White Widow Adventure

Thank you Dr. 215. Your purple haze grow is coming along nicely too :-)

Post Thanks / Like

So here we are, 10 days since the last update. All plants are doing very well at this point. The White Widows are average of 14 inches now and I'll probably set to flower at 20 inches.

The Arjan's haze girls are also doing well. They are about 2.5 inches now and going on 2nd set of leaves for the smaller ones and the 3rd set for the larger ones.

I am still spraying with liquid seaweed every 3 days with a few drops of fish emulsion. Watering has slowed down to about every 5 or 6 days now using about 1/2 to almost 3/4 gallon of water per watering.

Here are some pictures:

These are the Arjan's Haze babies:

Last edited by 420 Girl; 12-14-2008 at 10:31 PM.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

See how well that combination of organic nutrients works?! This looks like a model grow. You've got it goin' on!!

Plant & Nug of the Month Winner
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice looking plants 4t4.

Looks like you and I are on about the same schedule with our grows. You may be a few days ahead of me though.

Those look like 10" pots. Do you plan on transplanting them to larger pots before flowering?

Are you planning on topping, fimming, cropping or applying any other stress to the plant for any reason or are you just gonna let 'em go?

Fingers crossed for all ladies!! :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Freak....Thanks! I'm glad that I switched, looks like it is making a difference.

Harry... Thanks man, I'll check out your grow too. I think they are 12 inch or bigger and I thought they were 4 or 5 gallon. They look the same volume as the 5 gallon Home Depot bucket that I have. So, I'll be using these pots until finish.

I did TOP one of the plants as experiment since I have not done that before... hope that one is a girl! I did try pinching the main stem on one of my plants on my last grow and either I did not do it right or it did not make that much of a difference. So, I'll let the other plants just go crazy. Also, I did take one of the Widows outside for the remainder of the grow to see the difference that the sun makes.

Cannabis Connoisseur - Nug of the Month Winner - November 2012 Be Irie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Damn Man, your garden is looking pretty damn sweet. Nice job....

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

looking really good
    any updates man?
    how tall are the bigger ones?
    from the pictures they look to be about a foot or so

have you switched over to flowering yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Arjans haze is a good strain and so is white widow. With Nirvanas White widow your very likely to get more than one phenotype, which is perfectly fine. Their looking good, keep up the good work!

SG

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Stoner, Irie, Shaggy.... The plants are on day 5 of 12/12 now and all are between 23 and 25 inches. I have 4 confirmed females now.... 3 almost positive they are boys.... 2 still undecided....

One of the plants plus the 5 Arjan's Haze #3 baby girls is outside and I may leave them out for the duration.. we'll see about that..

I made a BIG mistake and stressed the plants by accident. I must have been distracted and mixed a full-strength foliar by accident and the day after I sprayed them all of the tops were severely wilted. They all recovered now except one that I cut the top off and that one is starting to recover.

I do have a question with pics of the outside plant... currently named "Outside Betty" until I find out otherwise I will not change the name ;-) Anyway, her top new leaves are standing straight up and look slightly curled. Any suggestions or ideas would be great!

Here are the pics:
    This is Outside Betty:

Notice her (hopefully) top leaves...Why would they look like this? Other than the curling she looks completely healthy.

The outside Arjan's Haze #3 gilrs:

Group shots of the inside plants and the 4 in the middle are girls. the 2 on the left are going to be boys and the back right corner may be girl, not sure yet.

Close up of one of the confirmed girls:

I just set 7 columbian red haze seeds to germinate and will add them as 12/12 from seed. I just bought a son agro warm 400w MH bulb with 40K lumens and will use that for flowering instead of the 360w (I think about 32K lumens) hps conversion bulb to see how that goes.

Last edited by 420 Girl; 12-14-2008 at 10:32 PM.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

You're not going to get a good yield if you use a MH bulb for your flowering. HPS has the correct spectrum for it.

http://www.420magazine.com/forums/ba...w-journal.html
    Last edited by 420 Girl; 12-14-2008 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Fixed Link

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

For some reason I thought Smokin Moose used MH throughout his WW grow.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Oceania, I appreciate the info as this is my first white widow grow. Overall they do seem very healthy and they seemed to bounce back from the heavy solution of sea-tea. I may try every 4 days first then move to every 5 with the foliar to see if it makes any difference.

Hey WestCoast.... Yeah, I figured I would try this warm MH bulb as it runs around in the 3K - 4K range and purh MN runs around 5.5K - 6.5kelvin and regular HPS is around 2K -2.8K from what I've seen. I figured the extra lumens with the warm MH might be better than the 360W HPS. I'm very interested to see the difference since I know that Moose does use MH for the entire grow,...Freak is correct from what I've read too.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow seriously? Thats awesome.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm adding a test update since it says that there are 3 pages and I can only click on 2.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4twenty4all View Post
    I'm adding a test update since it says that there are 3 pages and I can only click on 2.
    Yeah, happens sometimes.
    Mostly after admin CleanUps

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast