Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: My White Widow Adventure

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My White Widow Adventure

WOOOOOH gorgeous man! i didnt read much lol but at first they looked liek htey were reaching for the stars then they suprised me and began stocking it up.lol cannabis is such a lovely plant. :] good job man im tunning in for this one

Post Thanks / Like

+ Reps for a great Result So far, Grow on

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again Ww.... Thanks for showing up Filla ;-)

I just checked the trichs today out of curiousity and they are mostly cloudy already.... today is day 44...is this too soon? I am planning on like everyone suggests with this strain to let them go 70 days. I guess around day 70 they will be right about 50/50 amber?

Post Thanks / Like

^ I think that's completely up to you, and what you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Racefan View Post
    The milky trichomes have some "cerebral" qualities, as well as some of the more "physical" characteristics of the high. The last stage, amber, brings on a more sedative, physical stone. If this is what you're looking for, than I would recommend a sativa/indica cross, or an indica dominant plant. Amber trichomes seem to ruin a sativa high if the plant goes too long. The below photo is a good example of a ripe plant: at least 50% of the gland heads have turned "milky," some heads are still clear, and a few are amber. This plant was harvested two days later.

Plant & Nug of the Month Winner
    Post Thanks / Like

They're looking very good 4twenty4all. You've done an outstanding job so far, man. Mucho Kudos to you!!

Harry

Post Thanks / Like

my vote goes to couchlock :-p (mostly amber) nothing like removing yourself from the world for a a couple hours.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Would it be a terrible idea if you say; picked half the buds off now (mostly cloudy) and leave the other half till they fully mature with mostly amber trics, so you'd get the best of both worlds off the same grow! This is what I'd like to try sometime once I have a bit more experience tucked in under my belt

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Ms Fox... that is an excellent post from racefan.

Stoney, I did an experiment with my last grow and wrote reports on 3 stages of the trich colors and think I may like the more amber, still need to do more research... (at least this is the kind of research that is right up my alley)

Thanks again Harry & FIlla.. I haven't had the pure couchlock yet, but certainly hope to soon!

I think I may have asked the question in the wrong way. I haven't grown white widow before and was wondering if at day 44 of flowering with about 25days to go before harvest if the trichs should be mostly cloudy already.... just seems a little soon to me, but I still have a lot to learn too. I think with the chronic I grew last the trichs only started to turn cloudy about 2 weeks before harvest.

Post Thanks / Like

well its always better to let it gooooo on the full 70 days unless more than 70% of the trichs are amber before then. the reason for this would be, IMO is mooses white widow. just take a gander if you already havent man. truly stunning work he did on those beautiful girls.

Post Thanks / Like

well its always better to let it gooooo on the full 70 days unless more than 70% of the trichs are amber before then.
    Hey Filla, thanks for that very important (at least to me ) information about 70%. That's pretty much the answer I was looking for but didn't really know how to ask. So basically even though it seems the trichs are turning a little early, it still could take the full 70 days before the ratio is 50/50. I guess I was wondering since my trichs are now mostly cloudy would that mean my harvest would be early, like 58 days or sometime sooner than the 70 days. But you answered my question and gave me some numbers to use as a guideline.... I'll just keep a close eye on the trichs.

Post Thanks / Like

youre quite welcome! any appricieated input of mine is always a suprise :O lol
    you said you would keep an eye on the trichs, it is a wise decision to do so as every plant is different and has it's own 'mojo' so to speak :-)do you have any Co2 producing elements in the room? a boost in Co2 will deff increase trich production.(quality and quantity)

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4twenty4all View Post
    Thank you Ms Fox... that is an excellent post from racefan.

Stoney, I did an experiment with my last grow and wrote reports on 3 stages of the trich colors and think I may like the more amber, still need to do more research... (at least this is the kind of research that is right up my alley)

Thanks again Harry & FIlla.. I haven't had the pure couchlock yet, but certainly hope to soon!

I think I may have asked the question in the wrong way. I haven't grown white widow before and was wondering if at day 44 of flowering with about 25days to go before harvest if the trichs should be mostly cloudy already.... just seems a little soon to me, but I still have a lot to learn too. I think with the chronic I grew last the trichs only started to turn cloudy about 2 weeks before harvest.
    I LOL in your general direction
    (not at you man, at what you said .. cracked me right up brother)
    Last edited by StonyGeoff; 08-28-2008 at 08:47 AM. Reason: forgot to add something

Post Thanks / Like

I try to throw humor in whenever possible, sometimes it works and well... sometimes it doesn't... but I gotta try ;-) Thanks Stony!

Filla, no co2 producing going on in my room unfortunately... That is something I would like to look into. Hell, I still don't have an exhaust filter come to think about it. I am pulling fresh air from outside though and the plastic room I built does let some of the hot air out, thankfully I don't have any heat issues as it hasn't gotten above 84 degrees even on the hot days.

I would love to make a small bedroom into two grow areas, one for veg and one for flowering. But I just don't have the extra space. At least the wife agrees that the next house will have that extra room for my 'office'

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Mate just checking in, bet there looking great yeah, you still foliar feeding every 3 days?
    Last edited by wwilde; 08-29-2008 at 06:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Great grow man. I cant believe all the stuff I'm learning from grows like this. great stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast