My White Widow Adventure

4twenty4all

I germinated 10 Nirvana White Widow seeds and all popped out of soil on 5/19. One of them was deformed as the first leaves were joined together and no new growth could get out so I pulled it, now there are 9 :cheesygrinsmiley:

Soil: Equal parts all Fox Farm: Ocean Forest, Original Planting Mix, Light Warrior Agro-Ponic

Light: 400W MH

Humidity: In dome 70% and in the room is about 55-60%

Temp: 80 - 85 F during day and 70 - 75 F at night

Water and feed schedule: I started foliar feeding with diluted 1/4 solution with liquid seaweed and fish emultion every 3 days. I am watering using wet/dry cycle and just started giving 1/4 fish and seaweed every-other watering.

I plan to add 5 Arjan's Haze #3 seeds from Green House Seeds on 12/12 when the white widows go to flower so they don't get too big and will pollinate the haze with white widow pollen. That should be fun!

Anyway, here are the pics of the babies now:

IMG_1143.JPG

Here is a close-up of one of them:
IMG_1144.JPG

Wish me luck on another fun grow! :yummy:

Thanks guys! Hey *****...... Have you had Nirvana white widow? Is there much of a difference between breeders with this strain? Just wondering if one white widow with one breeder is better than another for some reason.

Anyway, here is the update.... We are at day 25 from when they first popped through the soil and as you will see from the pictures their sizes vary greatly. They all look very healthy to me so I'm not worried about the size as the smaller ones will probably catch up during veg.

I am now feeding with Maxi Crop Veg growth 1/2 strength every-other watering with a few drops of seaweed and fish emulsion. Also, I am foliar feeding with seaweed and fish emulsion 1/4 or slightly less strength every 3 days. No more delay.... here are the pics. They all look a little droopy because I just sprayed them: :peace:

IMG_1172.JPG

IMG_1173.JPG

Here is the runt, about 1 1/2 inches tall:
IMG_1175.JPG

IMG_1176.JPG

IMG_11771.JPG

After a lot of research I found that the Maxi Crop nutes are just ok so I decided to switch to Advanced Nutrients Sensi 2 part grow and 2 part bloom for flowering. I have given the plants their first feeding with Sensi grow a & b. I also decided to add the 5 female Arjan's haze #3 seeds to the grow and will veg them for approx 30 days or so. Here are some pictures, the haze popped out of soil 3 days ago.

IMG_1214.JPG

IMG_1215.JPG

IMG_1216.JPG

These are the haze babies, I'll get better pictures when they get bigger.
IMG_12171.JPG

:peace:

MaxiCrop, or any "sea tea" is a supplement, not a replacement for a nutrient regimen. It can stimulate root growth, decrease internode length, adds wonderful trace elements, and mitigates stress. I think it also helps your plant to use the other available nutrients more effectively. I wouldn't give it up - it is definitely beneficial to the plants...along with the appropriate N-P-K nutes. :peace:

Hey Freak..... So you think that I should use a small amount of Maxi Crop in addition to the Sensi A & B grow formula? I am still adding sea-tea with the nute watering and spraying with sea-tea every 3 days.

Cant wait to see the widow and the haze. Both will be sweet. nice lookin plants dude.

Hey Freak..... So you think that I should use a small amount of Maxi Crop in addition to the Sensi A & B grow formula? I am still adding sea-tea with the nute watering and spraying with sea-tea every 3 days.

I'm not familiar with what Sensi A&B are comprised of, but if they are veg and flower nutes than the seaweed extract shouldn't be in conflict and should benefit the growth and quality greatly. As long as the ladies enjoy the potion, it's all good.

Thanks Freak! I'll keep using the sea-tea and probably use the maxi-crop on my vegetable garden.

Hey BigGreen, thanks! They look droopy because I just watered them and sprayed them with neem oil. Here are a few pics showing they look better dry and I also have a close up of one of the baby arjan's haze.

IMG_12181.JPG

IMG_12191.JPG

IMG_12201.JPG

Peace: :peace: :ganjamon:

nice lookin plants.

So here we are, 10 days since the last update. All plants are doing very well at this point. The White Widows are average of 14 inches now and I'll probably set to flower at 20 inches.

The Arjan's haze girls are also doing well. They are about 2.5 inches now and going on 2nd set of leaves for the smaller ones and the 3rd set for the larger ones.

I am still spraying with liquid seaweed every 3 days with a few drops of fish emulsion. Watering has slowed down to about every 5 or 6 days now using about 1/2 to almost 3/4 gallon of water per watering.

Here are some pictures:
IMG_1248.JPG

IMG_12531.JPG

IMG_12541.JPG

These are the Arjan's Haze babies:
IMG_12501.JPG

IMG_12491.JPG

:peace:

See how well that combination of organic nutrients works?! This looks like a model grow. You've got it goin' on!!

Nice looking plants 4t4.

Looks like you and I are on about the same schedule with our grows. You may be a few days ahead of me though.

Those look like 10" pots. Do you plan on transplanting them to larger pots before flowering?

Are you planning on topping, fimming, cropping or applying any other stress to the plant for any reason or are you just gonna let 'em go?

Fingers crossed for all ladies!! :)

Hey Freak....Thanks! I'm glad that I switched, looks like it is making a difference.

Harry... Thanks man, I'll check out your grow too. I think they are 12 inch or bigger and I thought they were 4 or 5 gallon. They look the same volume as the 5 gallon Home Depot bucket that I have. So, I'll be using these pots until finish.

I did TOP one of the plants as experiment since I have not done that before... hope that one is a girl! I did try pinching the main stem on one of my plants on my last grow and either I did not do it right or it did not make that much of a difference. So, I'll let the other plants just go crazy. Also, I did take one of the Widows outside for the remainder of the grow to see the difference that the sun makes.

Back
Top Bottom