Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Flowering clones vs. regeneration

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Flowering clones vs. regeneration

update time, we are at 8 days now. having some problems with the regenerating plants, have some troubling brown marks on the leaves, is this me with too much nutes?

looks a lot fuller than 8 days ago

as for the flowering clones, they look about the same

but then we see they have all got roots!!

have to get these babies in some soil or a bubbler, this happened faster than i thought lol

Fallen Cannabis Warrior Medical Marijuana's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Your roots are drowning - the rockwool is too saturated. That is what is causing the leaf blemish.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

on the clones? or the plants in the bubbler?

Fallen Cannabis Warrior Medical Marijuana's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

This one.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the info, ill do a res change later and be sure to leave plenty of breathing room for the roots

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

update time
    17 days into veg now for the regenerating plants and the clones
    *edited time frame was incorrect before*

clones dont look that great

regenerated plants are looking very bushy and dense

we can see here what the new growth looks like from the bud sites left on the plant

and here we can see some nice healthy roots, could probably use a res change though lol

we are now 1 week away from flipping the light cycle to 12/12, if the clones continue to perform poorly i will consider just tossing them

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

well not many replys here, but ill keep posting updates till harvest

today is day 5 of flowering

you can see the nice new lush green growth on top. very dense so i will be doing some major trimming on the lower branches as not much light gets down there.

the flowering clones on the left never really got going, im figure ill just leave them in there and if i get a gram then awsome, if not, oh well

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Those revegg girls look great bro...I have had cloning probs my self...have you been fertilizing them at all? If not, that might be the problem. They might even need to be given more light as well because they are rooting now and need to treated like plants now instead of clones.
    I think I'm going to try the revegg thing with my AK47's after seeing this thread...I'm impressed!
    Last edited by Jimbo; 07-09-2008 at 07:29 AM.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

i have given the smaller ones a couple feedings of fertalizer at this point. im sure they could do with being closer to the light, but space restrictions make this a little tougher, and at this point im sort of focused on the big girls. i would definately go revegg over flowering clones in future after this experiment, they turned around quicker and grew out very bushy and full. thanks for the support!

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cool! maybe put them outside in the sun? The darkness of night should help them as well.
    Summer time is good for vegging little ones, the light spectrum of the summer sun is ideal.

Post Thanks / Like

For the small grower regeneration is where it is at. If you dont mind after this weekend i'll post a picture of a plant that is on it's 3rd round.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

awsome, look forward to seeing it

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

i added some improvements to my grow setup today, and did some trimming of the lower branches.

wall mounted power strip, safety reasons

2 metal shelving units added, with top and middle shelf removed, temporary back and side walls with windshield reflector installed

here you can see how much i trimmed from the bottom of the plants, could have probably done more, but this will do for now

up close of the plants

the smaller plants are now sitting on the shoe boxes in the first shelving unit. i should also mention that night time for the plants is from 8am to 8pm, this has helped maintain a more consistant temp insted of the boiling hot mid day temps i was getting during veg phase. pretty happy with how things are going this time around.

i have orderd new seeds for my next grow, lowryder 2 x10 and CH9 flower x10. i plan on installing the tops of the shelving unit for this and hanging the lights from it insted of the clothes horse it is currently hung from, since the lowriders are much shorter this shouldnt be a problem. i also plan on installing a roof on the box and putting a couple computer fans on it to exhaust the air out the top. im sure these plans will change a little by then though,

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cool...your going to love those LR#2's bro...I love the fruity flavor and the great daytime high...and you'll love this part too, they love fluorescent lights my friend, so your set...enjoy, and I look forward to seeing that grow too

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Day 17 of flowering.

Slow going, no flowers yet, signs that they have started, but nothing of note. I hope nothing is going wrong.

Looking in

Has to tie em down, getting to close to the lights

you can see how the stems are bent from the training

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast