Flowering clones vs. regeneration

NoLogo

Hello!

So I just harvested several plants, and wanted to keep the strain alive! It is called the Doctor from Greenhouse seed company, and boy it can put you on your ass. So I was debating should I try flowering clones or regeneration of a couple plants, which would be the fastest? etc. when Racefan suggested why not do both? Which was a great idea.

So here are both! This is my first time taking clones and my first time regenerating plants, so maybe they will all die, maybe this will all come together beautifully and give me more fantastic smoke. But at least, we will hopefully learn something.

The plants were previously in a 5 plant DWC setup I had, but I transplanted them into my old 2 plant DWC. This involved separating the roots, so I had to get a little scissor happy to do that, which I hope wont kill them. They are now in the grow nutes I use. The clones were cut, scrapped at the last 1/2 inch, and dipped prior to being put into the rockwool cubes which were soaked in 1/4 strength bloom nutes. They are under 24/0 lighting.

Time is an issue here, I am allowing 2 months for flowering, and the plants will be chopped the first week of September, so if things are going well they will be switched to flowering July 1st (Canada day! or Cannabis day if you prefer) or possibly end of that week depending on how they are doing. Hopefully this will give enough time.

This is the second day and they still seem to be alive :partyboy:

100_0091resize.jpg

100_0096resize.jpg

100_0095resize.jpg

:yummy:

update time

so its been a couple days going now, and its been hot as a muthaf***er lol, so grow room temps are getting a little out of control. the regenerated plants are sucking back the water and arnt looking too different, other than some paler looking leaves, the clones have some yellowing going on, ive been spraying the hood of the dome to keep it nice and humid once a day

here are pics

100_00931.jpg

100_00912.jpg

they were kinda dry. how wet should i be keeping them? i watered them a little since your post, no nutes, just water.

Keep them moist but not wet. Never squeeze them, pick em up, they should be heavier than when dry but not dripping water.

Keep misting the plants, yellowing happens, the plant got nutrients for a while, got cut and now isn't getting any more food... I would start to wither and die too.

Have faith in Mother Cannabis.

Also read up on cloning. Seriously, if you have the time and the means.. I REAAAAAALLLY recommend you watch Jorge Cervantes Ultimate Grow DVD. He has some info on cloning that really got me on the right track.

supposedly those yellowing bottom leaves means that stored energy/nutes are going somewhere else in the plant to work ie making new roots;;;;

have regularly regened plants for a while i usualy get 2 or 3 regens out of a girl
before i have problems of some sort

just lost my piefke girl because of pollination guess that like menopause for the plant i hope the seeds she made me are viable....

regen takes a while at least 4-6 weeks

if you are succeeding at clones do a veg cab and a flower cab

once you get your timing down you'll ---have a continous supply cycle

update time, we are at 8 days now. having some problems with the regenerating plants, have some troubling brown marks on the leaves, is this me with too much nutes?

100_00913.jpg

looks a lot fuller than 8 days ago

100_00932.jpg

as for the flowering clones, they look about the same

100_00941.jpg

but then we see they have all got roots!!

100_0095.jpg

have to get these babies in some soil or a bubbler, this happened faster than i thought lol

Back
Top Bottom