Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: First Grow Guidance: 400w MH/600w HPS & Soil

Post Thanks / Like

Re: First Grow Guidance: 400w MH/600w HPS & Soil

Sativa at its finest....HUGE!!! You should think about growing a couple outdoors next season. They will be sure to please you.

Plant & Nug of the Month Winner
    Post Thanks / Like

Update: Day 48 into flowering phase.

Fast Betty

I'm taking Fast Betty just before lights on tomorrow. She was stressed and everything I tired to do to alleviate the stress just made things worse. She was going downhill fast and I was left with no choice. She still looks very smokable, although the trichs were mostly cloudy with less than 5% amber and the buds were not at tight as they could have been if things had of gone more smoothly.

Here's some pixs..

The plant with an initial trim. You can see the dying leaves are right at the buds.

Some bud shots..

Sheena (of the jungle)

Sheena is doing much better than Fast Betty. Much fatter and chunkier buds with around 10% amber trichs. She looks like she will make it through 'til the end. I'm thinking she'll be ready around day 60.

Here's some pix of a few of her buds..

I think she's gonna be a real good one!!

Miss Burley

What can I say about her, except she's HUGE!! The cola is almost touching the insulation at a height of 8'5". There's really no telling when she'll be ready. She might take 90 days or longer. I have a feeling the yield from this Amazon Woman is gonna be incredible.

Here's a few pix from the top down..

Her main cola..

I really happy with the results so far, but I think I can do better. I'll post some pix of Roxanne she finishes up and will post some pix of the backup plant (Olive Oil) as she matures (2 weeks behind the rest).

Thanks to all the help you fine folks have given me!!

Harry

Cannabis Connoisseur - Nug of the Month Winner - November 2012 Be Irie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Harry, your garden amazes me everytime I see it...Props to ya pal, You have done a good job dealing with those monsters,,, If I could I would rep you again.... I look forward to more monster grows of yours....You have some good times coming your way. You are going to have to have a trimming party, could'nt even imagine trimming all that.. It sure is good to imagine though...

Post Thanks / Like

HOLLY SHIT HARRY! Incredible! It is a shame about Fast Betty... but I'm sure she'll do you right with some amber in there. Almost looks like nute burn but could she be root-bound?

I can not believe the size of the buds on those girls. You must be treating them right man. Let me know if your hands get tired from trimming because I'll probably have about the same amount of trimming as you but it'll take about 3 of mine to your one :-) And you are just using the 3 fox farm products right?
    Last edited by 4twenty4all; 09-02-2008 at 11:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Be IRIE View Post
    Harry, your garden amazes me everytime I see it...Props to ya pal, You have done a good job dealing with those monsters,,, If I could I would rep you again.... I look forward to more monster grows of yours....You have some good times coming your way. You are going to have to have a trimming party, could'nt even imagine trimming all that.. It sure is good to imagine though...
    Thanks BE! I feel the same about your grow man. Your smart choice of strains and flawless execution on your current grow is what I hope to be able to do at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by 4twenty4all View Post
    HOLLY SHIT HARRY! Incredible! It is a shame about Fast Betty... but I'm sure she'll do you right with some amber in there. Almost looks like nute burn but could she be root-bound?
    Well, I think it night be a little of both 4204all. I'm fairly certain my problems started due to over nuting them, and I think to a lesser extent, the pot sizes. Both are factors I need to contend with, and try to mitigate, on this next grow.

Quote Originally Posted by 4twenty4all View Post
    I can not believe the size of the buds on those girls. You must be treating them right man. Let me know if your hands get tired from trimming because I'll probably have about the same amount of trimming as you but it'll take about 3 of mine to your one :-) And you are just using the 3 fox farm products right?
    Yup, I'm just using the FF Nutes for soil 3 pack and FF ocean forest with 30% perlite and some additional potting soil added for bulk.

You're right. Miss Burley's buds are gonna be huge, I think. If she doesn't stop growing soon, I may have to cut a hole in the floor. I wonder how a glass dome with a giant cola growing inside would look in the middle of the den?

Harry

Post Thanks / Like

Well, they say bad news comes in three's so I guess I have another coming. :(

Turns out Olive Oil turned into Popeye. I thought I saw a nanner last night and I checked closely again today and found a few growing on various buds. It doesn't look like any had dropped yet but I can't be certain. I pulled it out and chopped it up. I'm not interested in taking chances. I've got my fingers crossed that nothing had yet dropped. I hope that isn't bad news number 3. :(

Anyway, here is what I chopped.

A couple boxes of small stuff..

At least I'm gonna have something to smoke soon.

Harry

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful work Harry.. That amazon woman must be half bean-stock..lol... u should definatly put that photo of her in the Creme de la Creme thread

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RLMCHATCH View Post
    Harry, HY WHT'S UP???,,,,,,,,,Amazing Plant!!!!!,,,,,,The Leaves Wiill Die, & Fall Off,,That Natural,,,Stay With Checking The Trich.'s,,Tell You The Truth,, I Feel Like It Need's To Go Another 20 To 25 Day's,Total Like 65 To 70 Day's Flowering,,It Will Be Some Terrifying Smoke With 50%/50%!!!!,,,Great Job Bro, Stay With It!!!!
    Thank you RLM. You're right about that. 65 to 70 days is what these ladies really need to mature. Miss Burly, quite a bit more. Fast Betty was dying fast so I really didn't have much choice with her.

I'm just hoping the hermie didn't spew pollen all over on Miss Burley. That would really suck.

Deez Nuts. :(

Harry

Quote Originally Posted by omizzle757 View Post
    Beautiful work Harry.. That amazon woman must be half bean-stock..lol... u should definatly put that photo of her in the Creme de la Creme thread
    Thanks for the kind words man. It might be a little premature for that thread but who knows, maybe it will finish well and be deserving of being there.

Harry
    Last edited by Harry Red; 09-04-2008 at 03:31 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking amazing harry. what a jungle

+reps.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank ya KS!!

Now that the dust (or should I say pollen) has settled, it's time to take stock of where I'm at with this grow.

This is day 51 or 12/12 and I still have 3 plants in the flower area. Sheena, Roxy and Miss Burley.

Sheena and Roxy seem to be maturing well and I'm seeing a few amber trichs scattered in there. I'm thinking I'll flush around Day 60, depending on the how things go and the state of the trichs.

Here's some bud pix...

Sheena

Roxy

You can see her tucked back in the corner.

Some of her buds...

Miss Burley hasn't changed much. She's a growing girl.

Harry
    Last edited by Harry Red; 09-05-2008 at 10:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

smells great in here harry!

can't wait to see the curing photos!...

nice job brother!

420 Plant of the Month: Third Place Winner MOTAvation's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow those are some huge plants, it sucks when you have to harvest early.Miss Burley is looking sexy.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks 420 & MOTAvation. That Herm was really sneaky and popped at those pods while I wasn't paying attention. I think there may have been more pollen spread around than what I originally thought. Good thing I'm far enough along in the grow so that I can salvage something.

Quote Originally Posted by RLMCHATCH View Post
    Read Something About A Hermie???,,,,,,I Got In-Trouble This Summer With Heat!!!,,,,I Had About 10 Plant Go Hermie On Me!!!~~~~,,,& These Are Established Female Strain's I Have Been Cloning For 7 Or More Year's!!!
    Whoa, that's a bummer. I guess what Moose said recently about stress came into play with the heat issues you had.

A few smaller buds have dried out enough to test, so I did.

Fast Bettey is pretty tasty already, with a piney flavor & the smell of wild grapes (and something danky). Too bad I had to take it early. I can imagine what might have been. It also appeared to be just starting to grow a few nano seeds in some of the buds. A sign the hermie pollen may have gotten to it at the end. It may also explain why the buds on this one seemed to stretch and crown in the last few days before it faded.

Now I'm concerned about Sheena and Roxy. They may have gotten pollinated as well. Sheena is gonna be ready in a couple of days anyway and Roxy a few days after that. Maybe they aren't pollinated as badly as I fear. My biggest concern is that Miss Burley took some pollen. I hope not. That would be very disappointing. She's just getting started budding.

Here's that Damn herm!! HeShe turned bright red when I dried it out.

Looks like just starting to grow nano seeds..

Oh well, guess there is only one thing to do!!

There!! Problem solved!!

Harry
    Last edited by Harry Red; 09-07-2008 at 10:23 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Harry, even if there are a few nano seeds it still looks tasty as hell, congrats on the harvest! Hopefully the pollen did not spread to the others and they will still be glorious virgins for ya ;-) Can't wait to see the others finish.

Post Thanks / Like

Thx 4204all!!

You're right, all is not lost!! I believe the other two will turn out OK and I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed that Miss Burley avoided the bulk of the pollen.

Oh, and the hermie has a slightly sweet taste with a little harsh aftertaste which I'm sure will get a little better after some curing. The high is a mid-level up buzz.

Fast Betty's high is a notch above the mids. It's a good sativa buzz, where ya' get a nice stream of thought and creativity going. Being I took it early, I'm well pleased with it.

Might have to do another test.

Harry
    Last edited by Harry Red; 09-08-2008 at 12:36 AM.

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast