Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: First Grow Guidance: 400w MH/600w HPS & Soil

Plant & Nug of the Month Winner
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: First Grow Guidance: 400w MH/600w HPS & Soil

Thanks Y'all. I'm very happy with the yield from Roxy.

You're right BE, she could've matured a little longer but the plant had lost all of it's leaves and it was going downhill pretty fast. She was also starting to form some pods & seeds so I felt like the time was right for cutting. She had 15-20% ambers so I'm sure she will smoke fine.

I'm hoping Miss Burley will mature as well as Roxy. If she does, I'll be a happy camper.

Harry

Post Thanks / Like

Are all these breeded by you? Or some special bag seed? They are one of a kind.

Post Thanks / Like

No SG, I wasn't the breeder.

These seeds came from some really good Mexican Sativa buds. I always save seeds from select buds out of the same bag (I usually buy 1/4lb-1/2lb at a time). From the same crop of outdoor Mexican, the buds will vary quite a bit. I'm very particular about the buds I save seeds from. I will only save seeds from buds with the taste and high really I like.

All of the seeds in this grow came from select buds from the same bag so I expected a little more uniformity in the grow. All four of these plants were different though, with Sheena and Roxy being the most similar. Fast betty has more of a fuel flavor, grew faster and matured faster. Miss Burley, on the other hand, has grown very slow and has quadrupled in size since I went 12/12. Perhaps she has more pure Sativa in her and Fast Betty has a little more Indica in her. I am assuming that most of the Mexican grown nowadays is a hybrid of some sort, but tending toward the Sativa side.

I've got lots more Mexican Sativa seeds from some top quality buds. I've read rumors that they hybridized a lot of the Mexican in the late 70s. I don't know is that's true or not. Do you have any insight into that?

Harry

Post Thanks / Like

Theres alot of mexican genes out there in strains. Mexican sativas are a good building block for todays strains, and now alot of breeders offer their own variety of mexican sativa.

Post Thanks / Like

I noticed some of the seed banks selling Mexican Sativa seeds and I wondered about that.

I'm sure the breeders have 'em tweaked in just right.

I have a clone of Miss Burley going in my tron..

I also have a clone of Fast Betty and two small flowering clones from Sheena. I was keeping them to use as mothers or possibly for breeding purposes. I think Miss Burley would make a fantastic outdoor plant. Perhaps a little gorilla farming might be in order with some clones from her.

Harry

Post Thanks / Like

Updates!!

Sheena Smoke Test

Sheena has had 2 weeks to cure so I thought I'd report back with a smoke test . She has a very sweet piney taste, with a strong high that hits you immediately. it has good lung expansion with a great psychoactive high. You can see in the pic how much of a doob I smoked before I was toasted and let it go out. If I smoke much more than that at one sitting, I'll go off into a flying stiff and just sit there and stare at something shiny for awhile.

Too much of this and it's happy nappy time.

I couldn't be happier with this plant and plan on making it my primary mother for now.

Roxy

Roxy has been dried and placed in jars for curing. My initial impression from the first smoke test is a more peppery and spicy flavor than Sheena, which is sweeter. Good lung expansion and a strong high with this one.

Looks like I'm gonna get almost 3oz from Roxy.

I know it's a little shaggy but I'm not trimming too close. There's too many crystals on there.

Here's a few pix after drying..

Had just a few seeds in this one...

By the way, I've got my PH up on Miss Burley, she's fed and looking healthy again. The PH was low and she was nute starved. Her buds are now getting fatter and tighter but she's still a long was from harvest. She really is gonna be a monster with a massive yield.

Harry

Cannabis Connoisseur - Nug of the Month Winner - November 2012 Be Irie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Beautiful job there Mr. Harry... Those shots are incredible... Looks like it has all turned out well, and can't wait to see how the burly one treats ya.... Kick ass grow there Harry...

Post Thanks / Like

Buds look soo tasty, i wish i could smoke it with you.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks alot Be IRIE & charliemopps!!

I would have never expected to have these kinds of results from my 1st real indoor growing attempt. It's really a testament to the information, help and guidance I've gotten from 420mag.

Only one more plant, Miss Burley, to go before I wrap this grow up. I may have given her a little too much nutes on the last feeding but hopefully she'll make it maturity, or close too it. H2O only from here on out..

Harry

Post Thanks / Like

Damn, I wanta take Great pics like those.

Pretty Work Buba

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaMagoMan View Post
    Damn, I wanta take Great pics like those.

Pretty Work Buba
    I know, right? I need to get a good camera, but i have no money. I know i'll never get into the plant of the month for october with my brother's 3.5 megapix digi.

Post Thanks / Like

Everything looks great Harry! Can you put something like a soda can or similar so we can get a better idea of how huge misss burley is? She looks massive! Love the bud shots too and the smoke report.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks DaMagoMan and charliemopps. I'm using a $89.00 Nikon Coolpix 7MP Camera. It's not bad for that price and it has a macro mode. I wish it had a super macro mode but for $89.00, I ain't complaining.

4twenty4all, here's a few pix with a beer can added for perspective.

She's got a nice trunk on her too.

Yep, she's a big 'un.

I'm hoping the best will come last in this grow

Harry

Post Thanks / Like

Wow Harry,that is just amazing.Kudos to you man,you have an amazing green thumb indeed.
    "Kindness.It doesn't cost a damn thing.Sprinkle that shit everywhere."

Post Thanks / Like

good lord man she's huge! What kind of yield do you think you are looking at, half pound? That is one giant plant for an indoor grow.

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast