Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: First Grow Guidance: 400w MH/600w HPS & Soil

Post Thanks / Like

Re: First Grow Guidance: 400w MH/600w HPS & Soil

Are you still in a 5 gallon bucket? did you SC or anything or just let her go?

Post Thanks / Like

Damn Harry that is just amazing! Beautiful man, thanks for the beer can comparison. Any chance I can swing by on Halloween and pick up miss burley so I can wear her as a hat? She'd make a great hat, I'd have to go through the doors horizontally though ;-)

Plant & Nug of the Month Winner
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the kind words Minus.

I didn't do anything special to her, McBudz. She quadrupled in size when I moved to flowering. Just a freak of nature I guess. I moved her over to a 10 gallon bucket when she hit 8 foot. I'm thinking there's at least a 1/2 lb on there. maybe more.

I'd like to see that hat 4twenty4all.

I'm still seeing mostly clear trichs with about 40% cloudy so she's still has a ways to go. 78 days of flowering, so far...

Harry

Post Thanks / Like

If it were the that time of year I would say wrap her in lights and throw some ornaments on her. There would be a red eyed santa sitting in your living room christmas morning.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

You might be surprised to find that some young plants that get funky curveture of the leaf sometimes will end up having some hybrid traits and the one that did that in my grow once ended up producing the most trichromes than all the others! but this does look like maybe time for some mild nuits.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh almost forgot congrats "Harry Red" sounds like you did your homework! the 400MH/600HPS is the IDEAL setup for the $ for anything from 5X5 to 8X8 grow area and you will do good because you already did the most important thing right and thats get decent lights! can't wait to see your results, keep us posted I look forward to seeing your garden of eden. Just watch that 600HPS when flowering it is much hotter and needs to be much futher away from the plant tops! besides higher disperses the light to all areas of the garden also. If using the encased reflector thats a different story all together.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd leave some milk and cookies in case Santa gets the munchies, McBuzd.

Thanks BIGBudDug. Yeah, I'm happy with my choice of lighting and my free hanging mylar box design. I can walk all the way around the box (360 degrees) so it makes watering and any other handling of the plants a snap. I love that. No issues with heat either, even with the large open reflector hood.

Here's a few pix at day 83.

Here's some of the lowest, smallest cola tops.

The giant colas, higher up the plant.

The Top Mega-Cola

Damn, how long can it take this beastly beauty to mature? Checked the trichs yesterday and still no ambers after 83 days. Oh, well. I'm letting her continue to grow.

I guess I'll just keep and stare at her 'til she's done.

Harry

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

looks great..ino its hard to keep waitn..but itll b worth it.....great job

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

AWESOME! those pic's are very beautiful, I also mean beautiful in the quality of the pic and the product in the pic. If you don't mind me asking I always am curious as to what type of camera people use when I see such clarity in pictures like this? I so far hear more Canon's than to be expected? but the color and sharpness of your pictures are superb. Kepp up the good grow, I sure would like to be there a month after harvest...

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh! almost forgot, I bet that sativa will rock ones brains with a lot of psychotic Buzzzz!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by getsumkin View Post
    looks great..ino its hard to keep waitn..but itll b worth it.....great job
    I hear ya man. Waiting is the hardest part. (didn't Tom Petty say that?)

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBudDug View Post
    AWESOME! those pic's are very beautiful, I also mean beautiful in the quality of the pic and the product in the pic. If you don't mind me asking I always am curious as to what type of camera people use when I see such clarity in pictures like this?
    Thanks again man.

I'm using a Nikon Coolpix 7.1 megapixel that I picked up online for $89.00. I added a 4g SM card from buy dot com for 9.99 (free shipping). I really like the camera. The only knock is the auto-focus is a bit tricky, depending on the camera setting but you get used to it. It's got a macro-mode and even does pretty good movies. I think my next camera will be a 10MP with a super macro mode but considering the price, I can't complain about the Nikon. The main thing is to get a camera with good optics. Cheap optics = poor pix.

Yeah, I'm a huge fan of Sativa and I love the psychoactive buzz from it. All I ever get is Sativa though so my goal is find a Indica dominant plant to add to the mix. I have some special bag seeds that I'll use for my next grow, which I'm sure came from some various, high-quality, indoor strains. I'm thinking there will be an Indica dominant plant or two in there. I have 6 of those seeds.

As soon as I harvest Miss Burley, I'll start my new mystery grow, assuming the seeds actually germinate.

Harry

Post Thanks / Like

I'd seriously enter miss burley in plant of the month...she is amazing! I still can't get over the size of the buds.

I too like your pictures and was considering that exact camera but went with the Canon Power-Shot SD1000 Elph 7.1 mega pixels. My beef with that is that I don't think the view you see while trying to focus in on a shot is as clear as it could/should be. But other than that I'm pretty happy with mine. After seeing your pictures though you are making me second guess ;-) Great Journal

Nug of the Month: 3rd Place Winner Doctor Dread's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

damn, 83 days? How are the trichs ?
    They seem to be very delicious looking...

Cannabis Connoisseur - Nug of the Month Winner - November 2012 Be Irie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Mr Harry, just keep an eye on the trichs.. That could go 100+ no problem, and it will be worth every extra day...I have had more then one go over 100 days... Did you clone Burley? Hang in there Harry, your patience will be rewarded...

Post Thanks / Like

I still can't get over how huge she is. How long did she veg for? What was the height when she went into flower?

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast