Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: First Grow Guidance: 400w MH/600w HPS & Soil

Post Thanks / Like

Re: First Grow Guidance: 400w MH/HPS & Soil

Hey Harry, +rep for the nice looking grow! I am about 1 week or 10 days ahead of you but we may flower around same time. Nice looking plants man and love the photo-tron for seedlings.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice looking grow mano. I have a Phototron also ! Woot ! LOL !
    I'm currently using mine to grow a Snow White and I plan to put her clones in it when i sort out my heat problems with my cabinet and 400w hps. I'm working on a inline fan for the hps bulb atm. Anyway...good job and keep doing it !

Peace
    Youth & Brains are no match for Old Age & Treachery
    We are passing saints of craziness, each given to his own madness, brought together briefly by the greater madness that rules all.
    My 1st Grow
    My 2nd Grow
    My 3rd Grow - 1st Hydro Attempt
    My 4th Grow - Swamp Grass Hydro
    My 5th Grow
    My Current Grow

Cannabis Connoisseur - Nug of the Month Winner - November 2012 Be Irie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hah, Boss used to do it all the time....... It was kinda odd that he picked here to post.... Stoner's, gotta love them, great entertainment value.....

Plant & Nug of the Month Winner
    Post Thanks / Like

Day 35 update

It's day 35 and the plants are chuggin' right along. The tallest are hitting 17 inches and they are staring to bush pretty well.

I'm facing a dilemma of sorts though. It's getting to the point where I need to transplant into 5 gallon buckets and move to 12/12. I figured it would take longer to veg but the growth rate on this plants are high. I was hoping they would show some signs of sex before I had to transplant them all and waste time and money to transplant a male. I guess I SOL on that unless they show signs soon. If I just wait, they might be 24+ inches before I transplant and go 12/12 and I would end up with 6 foot plants, which I don't think I want. I thinking 4.5'-5'. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I would like to take some clones but the plants are not showing any signs of sex yet. Should I take a clone from each plant now and use the ones that are female for my next grow or should I wait until I flip, then take clones and reveg? Any opinions?

And without further delay, some pics!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4twenty4all View Post
    Hey Harry, +rep for the nice looking grow! I am about 1 week or 10 days ahead of you but we may flower around same time. Nice looking plants man and love the photo-tron for seedlings.
    Thanks 4t4! I hope to incorporate that into what I'm doing with clones and seedlings. It's not really large enough for much else. I might could keep a mother in there with a little effort and pruning. I'll be keeping an eye on your grow.

Quote Originally Posted by Runamok View Post
    Nice looking grow mano. I have a Phototron also ! Woot ! LOL !
    I'm currently using mine to grow a Snow White and I plan to put her clones in it when i sort out my heat problems with my cabinet and 400w hps. I'm working on a inline fan for the hps bulb atm. Anyway...good job and keep doing it !

Peace
    Thanks man, as are yours. Your tron is one of larger/newer models. That is really nice. I wish I had bought a larger one back then but I was barely able to afford the little one. Maybe I'll finally be able to make some good use out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Be IRIE View Post
    Stoner's, gotta love them, great entertainment value.....
    Ain't that the truth.

Post Thanks / Like

Update Day 41

Well, I've completed my new "poor man's" veg room using 6 mil B/W Poly, Gorilla tape, cardboard and staples. Total cost = $50 not including ventilation. It's in a corner so I only had to construct two sides. The room is approximately 5x7. I'll be keeping my 400w MH and Phototron in there. I'll vent with a 5" inline duct fan.

I've transplanted into 5 gallon buckets, moved to the 600w HPS and they never even slowed down.

The plants are 20"+ and my plan is to take clones and move to 12/12 tomorrow.

I'm would certainly like to see all females but I know that isn't gonna happen. I'm hoping for the best. Four would be great, Three would be nice. two would not make me happy and one or less would be a disaster. Please send good vibes my way.

Sorry for the color issues but under HPS, what are you gonna do? I've color corrected as best as I could. Looks like many good budding sites there.

Harry

Post Thanks / Like

looking really nice harry. Keep up the good work!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: First Grow Guidance: 400w MH/600w HPS & Soil

Looking good Harry, keep it up my friend. I'll stay tuned to see how they turn out

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

looks great! good luck with the grow

Cannabis Connoisseur - Nug of the Month Winner - November 2012 Be Irie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Harry, your babies are looking good.. I am noticing that the leaves are a bit skinnier then I remember which could be more sativa then originally thought.. You may end up with a monster or two. Let's hope for lots of females....

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

looking nice
    when do you plan to switch to 12/12

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the good vibes everyone. I've got both fingers and toes crossed in hopes of many ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by Be IRIE View Post
    I am noticing that the leaves are a bit skinnier then I remember which could be more sativa then originally thought.. You may end up with a monster or two.
    Well, you could be right about that. I'm 99% sure the seeds came from some outdoor strain. I do remember the MJ having a distinct Indica smell and taste though. Maybe they will only double in size. I do have 8 ft ceilings.

Quote Originally Posted by shaggy_420 View Post
    looking nice
    when do you plan to switch to 12/12
    I'm flipping to 12/12 today, which is day 42 into veg. I'll update this thread when they start showing signs of sex. Hopefully, within the next 10 days.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice Harry Red. I hope you get as many females as possible. Everyone looks healthy and happy!!

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

looks awsome harry, just a question, is that a layer of perlite on top of the soil? is this to prevent molds growing on the soil?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks NoLogo,

Yep, that's perlite. I was having problems with fungus gnats and that was one of the things I used to slow 'em down. I read where sterile white aquarium sand was best but I didn't have that available. If I get another outbreak, I plan on getting some Diatomaceous Earth and sprinkling that on the top to cut them little suckers to pieces.

I also used a small piece of pool dunks (BTI) diluted in the water and used that to treat the soil, which is said to be an organic approach. I used yellow sticky fly traps for the adults. They are all pretty much gone now, except for the occasional straggler.

Harry

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast