Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: First Grow Guidance: 400w MH/600w HPS & Soil

Post Thanks / Like

Re: First Grow Guidance: 400w MH/600w HPS & Soil

Could be rootbound. Why not transplant? You just got to hope for the best. check your PH and make sure its stable. If its unstable it could be a deficiency due to high PH locking out nutrients.

Plant & Nug of the Month Winner
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I checked the PH with a soil testing kit (the capsule, soil and RO water) and compared to the color chart. The soil in both plants appear to have a spot on neutral PH. Is that OK?

If I flush a few gallons of water through them, could that hurt them? Not doing a full flush that will remove all the nutes but just leeching a few gallons through to remove any built up salts or excess nutes? Do you think that would be OK or should I just leave as is?

Harry

Post Thanks / Like

If your Ph is nuetral thats good. Means its neither too low or too high. Flushing can get rid of salt build up yes. Also it will rid the soil of excess nutrient build-up.

If you want to flush...then flush! its better safe then sorry, think of it that way. When you flush your supposed to use a minimum of 3x the size of your pot in water. I usually do 4 just to be safe.

Post Thanks / Like

I see what you're saying SG. I just assumed that since this wasn't going to be the final flush and I still might have 4+ weeks before the buds plump up and finish, I would be left with nute depleted soil for that time.

So should I start back in with some nutes after the flush? If so, what would you recommend I use? Ease back into the some flowering nutes? I have FF Tiger bloom (2-8-4) and FF Big Bloom organic.

Thanks man!

Harry

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Forest Mate,

In my limited experience & from what I have been told, & as SG says:
    Flush 3 times pot size in one go then leave for a day & then back on nutrient schedule you were on before ( of course every other day )

Also distilled or RO water would be better for flushing if you don't already use it.

Fallen Cannabis Warrior Medical Marijuana's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

After your flush, ease back in with your ferts. I suggest 50% after 2 days, increasing by 10% daily until you are back to 100% ferts, Then, do your final flush 3 days before harvest. A foliar spray of sea tea will help the adjustment, acting as a tonic and flowering stimulant. I cannot stress enough how effective sea tea is.

Post Thanks / Like

Great! Thanks for the guidance SM, SG and WW. I'll do a proper flush tomorrow and ease my way back into the flowering nutes. It's worth a shot!

Harry

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Harry, what are those dark spots on the leaf in the bottom picture? You don't have bugs do you? Or maybe that is some kind of discoloration due to whatever is going on? Anyway, they still look very good to me with exception of yellowing on the lower leaves.

Post Thanks / Like

No, it's not bugs 4204all. It's just spotting that occurs before the leaf dies off.

I properly flushed one of the problem gals today. Here's some pix with her out of the flower area.

I don't know if it's the lighting or what but this plant has a hint of blue in the coloring, which makes for some pretty cool pix.

A bud..

A closeup..

This one is starting to fatten up the branches are starting to droop.

I think that's a good thing though.

I'm not gonna mess with 'em any more. Just nutes and H2O 'til the final flush and I'll get what I get.

Harry

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Very nice man
    its getting a little chilly in here from the frost on your weed

Post Thanks / Like

Is she looking any better after the flush?

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I'm not sure yet SG. I just flushed this afternoon. I also transplanted Miss Burly to a larger pot and noticed there was not as good of a root system on the sides as I would have expected. I am using white and orange buckets that have fairly thick sides but I'm thinking that some light might still be getting through I think I'll wrap the pots with black plastic or black duct tape to eliminate that variable from the mix.

And thanks Shaggy & RLM. I have a couple more close up pix that I thought were cool but didn't post and I'm thinking you might enjoy them as well.

Harry

Post Thanks / Like

wow harry. they are looking really nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking great. have you thinned out any of the big fan leaves? What day of flowering are you currently on? Keep up the good work.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks KevinStoner & McBudz.

Today is day 37 of flowering, McBudz. I haven't removed any fan leaves. They seem to be falling off by themselves on these last two. I performed an emergency flush in hopes of keeping them on as long as possible. I'll be letting them run their course from here on out.

Here's some pix of the 2nd flushed plant out of the flower box. The flush seems to have helped and I believe she's gonna make it through and produce some good budz.

Plant Shot

Main Cola Shots

Secondary Cola Shots

Close Ups

So far, so good!!

Harry

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast