Caramelicious In NorCal

redolent420

My last grow was 34 years ago... I decided it was time to jump back in.
I chose Caramelicious from Amsterdam seeds, because they are supposed to be easy to grow, fairly potent and high yeilding. We shall see.
Germination went well and all ten seeds came up. They also sent me 20 freebies and 12 of those have sprouted. No telling what they are.
I've got them all under a bank of 6, 4ft T5 Fluorescents and am keeping the lights within 2 - 3 inches above the tops. I am growing in soil, because that is the medium I am most familiar with.
They are currently in the closet of the room that I will be using for later stages of growth and will move to two 600w hps on a motorized track system .
I hope I am faithful in keeping this grow log and please feel free to criticize, advise or encourage.
I posted some photos I took yesterday in my gallery, but am not sure how to post them here. Maybe someone can help me with that.
Peace.

Ok, thanks to HappyKitty's help, I think I can post pics now. Let's see if this works.
RightSize.jpg

RightSize3.jpg

We are preparing the room to receive plants once we bring them out from under the flourescents. We boarded up the window, painted the walls a bright flat white and installed the motorized track for the hps lights.
RoomResize.jpg

Wow, you're REALLY jumping back in after all these years! I can't wait to see this thing take off.

FYI - everybody and their mom will say something about your green translucent cups and the ability for light to pass through to the root system (eventually). So, I'm assuming you plan on transplanting before then. If not, you may want to slide them into a solid plastic (red SOLO) cups, or something simliar. Or just duct tape the sh*t out of the sides.

Nice setup; I'm jealous of the space you have!

Happy growing bro!

Wow, you're REALLY jumping back in after all these years! I can't wait to see this thing take off.

FYI - everybody and their mom will say something about your green translucent cups and the ability for light to pass through to the root system (eventually). So, I'm assuming you plan on transplanting before then. If not, you may want to slide them into a solid plastic (red SOLO) cups, or something simliar. Or just duct tape the sh*t out of the sides.

Nice setup; I'm jealous of the space you have!

Happy growing bro!

Thanks for the heads up about the cups, I hadn't thought of that. I will remedy that right away.

Props...Keep up and take great care of all of them carmelicous is some of the dankest shit ive smoked and ive been thinking about ordering some of those seeds but im growing grandaddy sour deisl crossbreed

FYI - everybody and their mom will say something about your green translucent cups and the ability for light to pass through to the root system (eventually).

2 weeks since germination, things are progressing nicely. Began a light nutrient solution and everybody looks happy.

About the roots and the translucent cups... I have regular house plants growing/rooting in a jar of water, in direct sunlight, right in front of my living room window. They have been there for more than a year and except for a little bit of algae, they are healthy and happy. Are you sure that the light on ther roots will adversely affect the plants?

I just ordered the seeds today and haven't grown before... I picked this one out because it looked like something I just can't find where I live and it appears to be an easy-ish crop... please let me know of any snags or issues you had growing or harvesting this strain so that I can ensure max yield on mine... I'm limited on space right now so my setup will be in a closet with a small box fan to circulate the air and a 6-foot hanging lighting rig that I can adjust the height on... I'll only be growing 2-4 at a time, so any advice is greatly appreciated.:thanks:

Today we hung out hps reflector, ducting and fan. Tomorrow we mount ballast.
0292Small.jpg

We have 23 seedlings in all. Ten are Caramelicious, thirteen are a mixed bag from seed bank
0301Small.jpg

Although we are trying to be careful, we may have been a little heavy handed with the nutes.
0298Small.jpg

Too much nutes? I will check with grow support, but I believe we over did it a bit.
0299Small.jpg

Glad to have you along Smokey McBud. I'm bound to make some mistakes along the way, but I'm glad for all the input I'm getting.

Flushed the plants with clear water and they seem to be doing much better today.

The tray in the middle are the 10 Caramelicious. The others are freebies from the seed bank

We mounted the ballast today for the hps and fired it up. Looks great, will post more pics tomorrow.

your babies are coming along nicely :hippie:

peace and good growing :rollit:

Back
Top Bottom